Rebonding/straightening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coops

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've had a client request rebonding, I hope I'm not being really thick but is this the same as the permanent chemical straightening process when using straighteners? This is what I would normally do but she's confused me a bit as the last time she had it done was in her home country (India) and she was trying to explain the process they used then. I'm hoping this is just a terminology thing!
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Rebonding, I would associate with hair extensions??

Yes, that is what I pressumed to begin with but it's definitely a straightening process. I've been googling and found it's a popular service in Asian countries but I can't seem to find anything in this country!! Its not a keratin thing either as it's permanent. Thanks for responding, can anyone else help??

Right, after much googling I have figured out this is possibly a Japanese straightening technique. Does any one have any advice about this? eg: Is it something I can just get on and do considering I've not used this technique before? Where do you get the product? After care? Reccomendations?

Thanks

That was my next thought. Yuko is a well known brand but I think you may have to open an account to get it.

Hi

Rebonding is a term common in southeast asia which refers to permanently straightening hair with the same effect that Yuko or Japanese straightening allows.

There are no specific products which use the term 'rebonding' but this can be achieved using L'oreal X-tenso moisturist for natural resistant hair. After washing off the cream, the hair should be dried on a cool setting and then ironed in fine sections before the fixing milk is applied. You could also try their cerotheramic range.

If you are familiar with Shwarzkopf they have a product which can be used for this process aswell.

hope this information was helpful:lol:

rizkihair - thankyou! Just what I needed! And thankyou sophisticutz too. God, I love this forum.

Latest posts

Back