Red carpet gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lise

Reaction score
hi all i had my regular client in on sunday who loves shellac but is now raving on about red carpet nails saying how fab thay are as her daughter does them in suffolk,ive just had a look at there website and the colours are impressive but the BIG QUESTION:has any one used this product and whats the outcome,all feedback welcome please :D

Hi I've never used this brand but they Did a Tsv set on qvc, the reviews on there are pretty impressive 165 5stars, hth

It's not a professional range. I wouldn't use a non pro range on a client, no professional therapist would use products bought on eBay, qvc etc.

I seen this product for sale in Harvey Nichols! so its no wonder some people think its a pro product x

I seen this product for sale in Harvey Nichols! so its no wonder some people think its a pro product x

For sale for people to buy or a nail bar in harvey nicks using the range?

I don't think any pro would think a product for sale in Harvey nicks is a pro product...we all know where professional products are bought. And it's not on the high street or on a shopping channel.

Looking at their site it seems they do both pro & consumer kits.
But looking a little deeper anyone can buy the 'pro' kit it seems.

Do you need to be a trained nail tech to purchase off their site?
No...
Therefore are they a professional range?
No.

It says it all on their site, it's a range for DIY'ers. Which is fine but as the OP is a professional using a pro range she may want to stick with pro products.

Is like using Rimmel nail polish on a client. Or a hair dresser using tesco own brand shampoo as part of a service.

I don't think any pro would think a product for sale in Harvey nicks is a pro product...we all know where professional products are bought. And it's not on the high street or on a shopping channel.

I'm not saying I think it's professional....I offer shellac and gelish and I have had clients tell me they can buy 'professional' products on the high street, so obviously not everyone knows the difference

I bought one bottle a couple of months ago when I was deciding what system to use, tiny bottle and really runny, didn't think much of it at all, that's my opinion though :) xxx

Gelish can also be purchased to the public at Sallys and its a pro product...

The owners have other professional brands, but Red Carpet is that is their retail brand. It is marketed direct to consumer so would be suprised to see any salons use it in services.

I am sure it will tick the boxes for some and it certainly won't for many. Been around now for awhile and I don't see it impacting the professional industry any more than home colours do.

You can't buy gelish (in edinburgh at least) unless you have a trade card? X

You can't buy gelish (in edinburgh at least) unless you have a trade card? X

In the states,the Gelish minis are available to the public without a pro card .. but we do have stores that aren't open to the public that sells only to the licensed professionals :)

Ye I got a leaflet last week that said they were going to be tightening up on the trade/non trade stores so that the pros only get products like this! Hopefully it works :) X

Sallys dont sell Gelish to the general public where I live. Its for trade only. That includes minis too.

In the states,the Gelish minis are available to the public without a pro card .. but we do have stores that aren't open to the public that sells only to the licensed professionals :)

Sallys in north america sells gelish in mini's to the public, same with the mini pro lamp. They also sell ibd gel with out a liscence. The public just pays up to 20 percent more for it.
Worked there, it would drive me mad when people would buy a gel kit. Couldn't get it in the first few tries and bring it alll back because "it wasn't good product" because their nails would lift off or have gel stuck leaked all on their cuticles.
I don't know about in europe or the us but here you can go to a grocery store and buy joico or paul mitchel for your hair lol.

I tryed a bottle of the red carpet stuff, its ok I wasn't super wowed or anything though. They do have nice colors though.

For sale for people to buy. You can get a kit with the lamp and colours in and they sell the colours separately as well.

Sallys in north america sells gelish in mini's to the public, same with the mini pro lamp. They also sell ibd gel with out a liscence. The public just pays up to 20 percent more for it.
Worked there, it would drive me mad when people would buy a gel kit. Couldn't get it in the first few tries and bring it alll back because "it wasn't good product" because their nails would lift off or have gel stuck leaked all on their cuticles.
I don't know about in europe or the us but here you can go to a grocery store and buy joico or paul mitchel for your hair lol.

I tryed a bottle of the red carpet stuff, its ok I wasn't super wowed or anything though. They do have nice colors though.

Selling restrictions are a bit different in sallys here in uk....they have some stuff ie. Gelish (very limited colour choice) which you can only buy with a trade card....to buy without a trade card is not an option ..... that was part of the arrangement that Harmony Uk negotiated from what i understood from a previous thread. There are however some items in sallys that the public can walk in and buy and pay a higher price for.
There was a time where it used to bother me that the general public has access to 'professional' products via auction websites but in time i have really learnt not to let it bother me.....i really dont care (i do care but not bothered...if you get what i mean lol) any more.
In my opinion my investment is in my training.... i think i can hand on heart say that i could do a much better job of applying and have got the skills to offer something different in the way of art.....i am not the best dont get me wrong but i definitely think i am better than those that are 'untrained' ie. the general public.
I think it was inevitable that the UV polish was going to break into the retail trade at some point...i have always said that. It is no different to a hair dye in a box being available....the same overexposure issues are in those products....yet brands like Schwarzkopf, Wella, LOREAL all still have reputable name in their professional lines as well as offer a product the the public via supermarkets etc. At the end of the day they are a business and scoping in on an area to make money.
I personally would not use Red Carpet Manicure as it is a product that has been branded and marketed towards the general public....ie it is available on QVC, Debenhams, ASOS. I am sure its not bad quality as it is owned by those that own other reputable brands.... but i will stick to using a 'professional' brand....and one that is marketed as one. :)

Red Carpet Manicure is made by the same (parent) company as Gelish and is generally regarded here as a total dupe of Gelish, even the colors are the same. It is marketed directly to consumers; not a product I would expect to see in a salon, especially as its sister brand Gelish is a pro brand. It's a very good product, I use it at home sometimes.

But I don't believe that making such products, or even pro products, available to the general public will have much impact on nail professionals. Here in the US, all of these products, pro and consumer, are easily available and the gel market in salons is booming. Gel products have expanded the market and DIYers are taking only a tiny piece of the increase.

Latest posts

Back