Refund rights when buying a puppy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cherubs said:
She still has most of them! and if someone does come to buy one how do we know if it's ours or not? she could make us wait till the last one and say it's ours??

If that's the case I think as others have said I would take him back or get someone to look after him for you and sell him privately! Good luck.xx

I used to breed Staffies and when people brought a puppy i would have a contract for them too look over and sign. If for any reason they had to sell the puppy it wold have to come back to me first, this is because i had to protect the puppy as i was the breeder. I too would not give the money back untill the puppy was re-sold BUT the owner would always be involved and informed and i wouldnt charge for food if i had other puppies there (thats just tight). From a bvreeders point of view, its not their fault the dog is back and its not fair that they should pay you back the money before the pup is resold.Its not good business practise, i know it seems harsh but its true. If i went to a shop and had a set of nails then went home and found that i was allergic to them i would expect to get me money back.

If you didnt sign anything them i would get the pup back and sell it your self. As for the reg papers, you need to put the dog in your name, iv waited you too 8 weeks before as there is back logs sometimes.

Hope you sort it out soon...x

I would defo get the puppy back and sell it yourself, we had a domerman for 9 years it was gorgeous wish I could have it Im not allowed 1!
Good luck and let us know how u get on x

sorry everyone but has anybody thought of the puppy in all of this ...:sad:
as far as i can see the breeder has done the right thing by taking the puppy back ..it was not the breeders fault that someone in your family turned out to be allergic to the dog ..:o
the puppy is in the best place ...taking it from a place it is used to and placing it in another household just for the time being ..is not in any way good for the pups welfare :sad: ..this puppy is not an item that can be bought and sold at a drop of a hat ..it is a living thing with feelings :Love: ...moving it from place to place would cause it much stress...let it stay with the breeder and let her sell it .. she is both experienced and in a better more knowledgable position than you to sell this puppy .... i sincerely hope that she gives you your money back when she does ...but she may well take out any costs she may have incurred when she does

i'm sorry if this sounds harsh ...but it is jmho

Try putting him on here to sell him:

http://epups.co.uk/

plus you could try Champ Dogs site too.

Just to let you all know we got the pup back today and are trying to re sell him ourselves. so if anyone is interested or knows anyone just let me know. He seems really skinny and woofed 2 bowls of food down one after the other as soon as we got him home!!
He is still as soppy as ever though!!!

I hope the woman has been looking after him properly. We had a major problem with out spaniel puppy. We saw her at 6 weeks old, paid a deposit, went back two weeks later and she had turned into an underfed little scrap of a thing with really really bad fox mange.
Luckily we've nursed her back to health and at 12 weeks she's now an absolute monkey.
ickleandbig.jpg

Hope you manage to sell the pup, I am sure you will. While he is still in your care perhaps your daughter should take antihistamin to keep are allergy under control. My sis is severely allergic to my dog so when she comes over she has to take some.

I have been through loads of trouble with my doggie and the breeders (some of you might remember my thread) it's usually a no win situation.

Good luck matey, hope it all goes well for you.
x

Thankyou, Have advertised him so fingers crossed?
Hubby isn't too pleased though!

bimbogeri said:
I hope the woman has been looking after him properly. We had a major problem with out spaniel puppy. We saw her at 6 weeks old, paid a deposit, went back two weeks later and she had turned into an underfed little scrap of a thing with really really bad fox mange.
Luckily we've nursed her back to health and at 12 weeks she's now an absolute monkey.
ickleandbig.jpg

Awwww So Cute x x

bimbogeri said:
ickleandbig.jpg

Awww she's lovely and looks so fit and healthy now!!

We bought a beautiful little rottweiler, after a week the kids still hadn't taken to her and she ended up being kept out of the way when the kids were about, we paid £600 for her, we rang the breeder and told her, she immediately said she would take her back and gives us a refund, we only took £300 from her and told her to keep the rest, with in a week the pup had been bought by some one else and has her own room and is spoilt rotten. It all worked out of the best and we still see pictures of her.
Hope you get to sell her to some one nice.

SORRY but I agree with Debbienailz, I think this whole episode has been the worst start in life for your pup and he may suffer with bonding issues if he keeps getting passed from house to house, owner to owner. SORRY if that is harsh, but you have to see it from the dogs point of view! He is probably very sad right now!

Have you taken your daughter to the doctor? Unless she has a really bad allergic reaction, which I doubt or she wouldn't be able to cope with the dog even in the same house which is where I believe he is now, the doctor would give her some anti-histimines (sp?) which would ween her off the reaction and she would be fine with him in the end. My partner had to do this when he first moved in with me as I had a dog and his eyes used to stream, he'd want to scratch them out, and his nose would run. Anyway, I sent him to the docs as there was no way that my dog was going. If you really want to keep this dog then this is the best option!

Sadly I think that the breeder has been ill treating the pup, like I said he's real skinny, his coat is bad he has white bits all over which become worse when combed and worse of all I moved my arm real quick earlier when I was near him and he jumped out of his skin and cowered plus when we were in the garden with him hubby was trying to play with him and ran towards him and he looked terifyed and ran away. How can this woman call herself a breeder? also there is no way that this pup has been fed on a diet of goats milk, scrambled eggs & fresh chicken & rice topped with cheese!!
I do feel very sorry for this poor little puppy but my children come first and i'm not prepared to pump my daughter full of medication.
We will find him a good home with a good family that can give him all the love & care that he deserves. While he's with us this is what he will get.

If I were you I'd get him to the vet's for a check-over to make sure he's OK, and maybe even get them to give you an opinion on whether this woman should be reported. After we got Skye the vets were so upset we were advised not to contact the owners direct again but to contact the RSPCA and the local council dog warden.

There is a proceedure called NAET which can either get rid of allergies or reduce the reaction. Its an 'alternative' practice and sounds really quite weird but its harmless, painless and works. I had a few treatments (I was desperate and would have tried anything) and to my surprise it really worked well. My husband is completely and 100% against alternative treatments and I managed to persuade him to do it and to his disgust it worked!
www.naet.com
We nearly busted a gut trying not to laugh but it worked. Maybe your daughter should try it and then you wont have to sell your puppy! Good luck.xx

bimbogeri said:
If I were you I'd get him to the vet's for a check-over to make sure he's OK, and maybe even get them to give you an opinion on whether this woman should be reported. After we got Skye the vets were so upset we were advised not to contact the owners direct again but to contact the RSPCA and the local council dog warden.
I think we should take him to the vets if only to give him the once over. Did you report this woman? what happened to her?

cherubs said:
I do feel very sorry for this poor little puppy but my children come first and i'm not prepared to pump my daughter full of medication.

I'm sorry if you didn't realise what I was saying or took offense to it. A simple course of anti-histimenes (sp?) would not be filling your daughter with drugs. I think you have made it quite clear to me that in fact, you don't want this dog and it is your husband that does. This would not be a suitable environment for your dog to grow up in and yes I do agree that you should sell it, and as soon as possible to a loving and caring family.

Can you believe this?? As you all know we got pup back to try to sell him, things got really bad at home, eldest daughter wouldn't come out of her room as pup was constantly barking and frightening her, he then snapped at my youngest catching her in the face so then she was really frightened of him! it has been a complete disaster, anyway we decided that he had to go but didn't want him to go back to the breeder as we had concerns for his welfare if he did, so we took him to our local animal sanctuary. The breeder phones me last night and i told her what had happened and why/where we had taken him (didn't tell her about our concerns) she asked me in quite a rude manner why i didn't take him back to her so i explained that it was such a long journey (6 hr round trip) and it would cost us a fortune in petrol again etc. she then asked for the phone number of the sanctuary which i gave her, anyway i then phoned the sanctuary to warn them that she might try to get him and she'd already contacted them!!! she had asked about pup and wanted to know where he was, the sanctuary told her that he'd been rehomed out of the area (which he hasn't) and they couldn't give her the number (they are also concerned about this woman) so she then says that she's gonna report him stolen?????? What is this womans game, why would she do this? how she can do this when we have receipts/pedigrees/kc registration etc I just don't know what her problem is or what she's trying to do???

That poor puppy, i bet it doesnt no if its comming or going..!

Lets hope he's found a family that he can stay with

Latest posts

Back