Reiki Masters/Healers what do you think...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifi La Fume

Reaction score
I would like to put this to Reiki masters/healers.

Please don't go mad if I seem a bit shocked at this, I'm not a Reiki healer and have a fair idea about it but not enough knowledge to fully understand what it can do.

The story is...

I put my leaflets out yesterday and a lady called last night asking if I would be interested in letting her use my space to preform Reiki. I said come and meet me today and we can discuss it. I thought it would really compliment what I do.

Anyway, she seemed nice, very spiritual, very calm but then she told me she has cured her neighbours breast and lung cancer through 3 months of Reiki everyday and that she was really upset that her client is still going to her doctors for checkups and medical advice and no one accepts that she cured her.

Now, in our profession, especially in holistic, we should never claim to cure cancer or anything and NEVER tell a client not to seek medical advice or treatments - very, very, very dangerous.

I couldn't get her out fast enough. I'm going to call her tomorrow and explain that I don't think it will work if she rents from me - I don't think she gets Complimentary Therapies - that it compliments medical treatment and advice and vice versa.

I think it's dangerous therapists like this who make the medical profession skeptical.

your instincts are right, walk away from her.
I would never ever say things like that in any of my holistic capacities.

if she did this at her "interview" stage, WHAT THE HELL is she going to be like when she is unleashed onto the public, and under your REPUTATION.

You're right to walk away - also if she's discouraging her clients visiting their doctors I'm pretty sure she's breaking the law.

She's as nutty as a fruit cake. Give her a wide berth. xxx

I'm a holistic health\indian head massage therapist myself and totally agree with you and the other girls i also showed this post to a friend of a friend who practices reiki who was shocked....walk away hun and give her a wide berth xx

Last edited:
Totally agree have nothing more to do with her, from personal experience people like that who make claims or give out advice that is unfounded are dangerous to those who are in a vulnerable and quite often in a desperate position. Not at all professional and I am sure it is illegal to give medical advice/opinion without a medical qualification, so no one should ever be discouraged/advised to not seek help/treatment or given any kind of medical diagnosis from an unqualified person. Just plain cruel really and totally arrogant xx:irked:

Last edited:
crikey dont just walk away, run for the hills!!! you do not wanted to be tied into those sort of claims! RUN and dont look back!

tigi

I called her today and said I don't think that it would work out if she rented space from me....she said that it was fine - nothing more than that.

I was very concerned all night, if there was an association I could go to about her I would...

Sometimes I think regulation would be a good thing.

Thanks for all the replies

I think you made the right decision. I've turned away plenty of fruitcakes who have wanted to rent my rooms.

Unfortunately as the regulation being persued presently is voluntary it's unlikely to stop this sort of thing, especially as all the organisations can't agree on one approach! Mind you, healthcare professionals are regulated & that certainly doesn't stop the odd bad egg from getting through!

OMG she is dangerous!!! I am Reiki 2 trained and there is no way in this world she should be allowed to carry on like this. Nut Case springs to mind....

Why not train yourself and add to you treatment list. I love it really for me and only carry it out on a few clients it is wonderfully holistic and aids in a crisis - anger etc and just gets you back on track when things go wrong. Please don't be put off by her and if you do not do it yourself maybe find someone else...

I concur with all these posts, but I would have told her why I was turning her away. I suspect that part of the reason that she has carried on with her rather unconventional views is that nobody has actually suggested that she's treading a dangerous path.

Calla - I would have been wasting my energy - she was so convinced of what she said that my opinion wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference.

As 'holistic' as she talked about herself she started calling all the girls in the local salon ignorant bitches - just remembered that. I'm a great believer in you reap what you sow and if you talk with such venom about other people it'll come back to hurt you. Don't get me wrong a bit of banter between friend over a cuppa catching up on the gossip is always welcome :) but pure nasty spite is another thing.

Both breast and lung cancer is close to my heart through family illness so she really hit a nerve with me.

Upward and onward, she's no longer in my life, in my thoughts maybe, but I'll deal with that over the next few days and try and work through my feelings for her....

You did the right thing and I can see why you wouldn't bother saying anything to her as if she is that opinionated she probably would have got very tetchy about you telling her she is in the wrong.

People like her are a disgrace, even if she had cured her client and had all the evidence in the world to back it up a true professional would never go round telling all and sundry how they had cured someone of cancer.

Sounds like a complete and utter barmpot, I think had you rented space to her she could of ended up wrecking your reputation as well as her own.

Latest posts

Back