Relationship help, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update girls, coping unbelievably well!!

My mum is shocked about how well I'm coping. Hey I guess it's meant to be! Me and a few pals are hitting the student union on Tuesday for a wild night, can't wait ;) xx

Update girls, coping unbelievably well!!

My mum is shocked about how well I'm coping. Hey I guess it's meant to be! Me and a few pals are hitting the student union on Tuesday for a wild night, can't wait ;) xx

So pleased for you now you know it was the right thing to do.. Just enjoy being you and wishing you well for the future 💁💐🍸xx

Oh my god... This sounds so eventful, like Coronation Street or something!!

I hope it all works out for you, you don't sound phased at all, superwoman haha!

Sorry, doll but she actually wrote that to me, I quoted it and commented back but the comment didn't upload obviously!

Sent from my RACERII using SalonGeek

Sorry, doll but she actually wrote that to me, I quoted it and commented back but the comment didn't upload obviously! If you read my original post on this thread you'll see that Ive been through and am going through exactly what she is currently experiencing and have extra drama on top...and offered personal support if she wants but she seems to be doing amazingly awesome on her own with family and friends backing her all the way! Remember that you deserve to sparkle sweetie and like a diamond your tough!! X

Sorry, doll but she actually wrote that to me, I quoted it and commented back but the comment didn't upload obviously!

Sorry hun, just read back what I said to you and in the wrong context it might look like I was being cheeky or sarcastic but I was being completely sincere! This thread is great, full of so many fab independent women.. Love it!! <3

Ugh, stupid phone is acting the mick. Cant post properly!! Haha!! :/

Think it was directed at me hun as it looked like I posted it! Lol! Its cool though, didn't think you were being cheeky! Glad to see your doing better babes! X

He used to dj, go out with his mates and stuff but nothing like that now. He's just found out his mums cancer has spread, so I'm finding it 1000x worse to talk about our problems because it's not the biggest problem right now!!

I was imagining how life would be without him tonight and it seems more bearable than I've ever realised. I'm so unsure what to do. I don't feel like I can talk about it but I can't leave him either, I'd have to be superbitch to leave him at this moment in time!!

I think he does have depression, my dad suffers from this and I know my mum used to feel utter frustration etc before he got help.

Uhhhh. This is horrendous! Part of me wants to leave and have fun being a 19yr old, but the other part of me knows I crave security and utterly hate the 'one night stand, nightclubby young person scene' and I'd lose my two cats and have to move back in with my parents, and lose my beauty room.

I can't imagine things getting better, but then I'm not trying particularly hard. :(

cxx

Can you see yourself being with him in a years time? 5 years? 10 years?

If you think it's not working then it will end sometime either way. Why drag it out.

I know that's a really blunt think to say but that's how I felt when I was in a sexless relationship where I wasn't happy and I'm glad I ended it because I started to feel lot better afterwards.

Just read the whole thread.

It sounds like you've done the right thing and that you know you have too!

Enjoy :)

Just read the whole thread.

It sounds like you've done the right thing and that you know you have too!

Enjoy :)

Yep!

Single life is bloody fun but my liver is suffering haha ;)

Good girl!!! Enjoy every second! X

Glad to hear this has had a happy ending. Go and enjoy yourself hun, you only live once. There are many frogs you need to kiss before finding your prince. xxx

Okay girls I know this thread is months old but the being single novelty has worn off, and I'm starting to think, 'oh maybe it could work with him again....' etc... My saving grace is he doesn't want me back, but it's hard!

Tonight I had a dream about him and I can't stop crying, I miss having someone next to me and to an extent I miss parts of my life the way it was. Sometimes I feel that I shouldn't have given up and worked at it (but in reality I think I know it was too far gone)

It's a horrible feeling when your stupid, stupid emotions are telling you one thing and your (luckily) sensible head is telling you another.

How do I keep strong? I am desperate to date someone but every potential guy I am being HYPER critical and finding ridiculous flaws with them!! Which is preventing me from getting exited about meeting anyone. Is this just because I'm not fully over my ex? Will it wear off?

I find that you girl's advice was invaluable to me on this thread before, if anyone has any advice for me please let me know because it's horrible feeling this way! In fact even just speaking about it and reading this thread has made me feel better!! x

I was in a relationship that was just going nowhere. We'd been together (I say been together, we'd been on/off) for 6 years and it was emotionally exhausting. But I thought I loved him and kept going back to me after time. Anyway in the end I decided to let my head rule my heart for once and say enough is enough. It was the hardest thing I've ever done buy the best as a few months later I met my now husband who has shown me what a real relationship is and what true love is.
What I'm trying to say is, it does all work out in the end xx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

It's early days, and I think you need to give yourself a little more time, stop being so hard on yourself, it's like a bereavment, you are bound to have good days and bad days, and slowly the good days will out number the bad.

Don't go looking for another relationship, you need to get over this one, and that will take as long as it takes.

Just plan on going out and having fun, enjoy yourself rather than look for a man, and you may just find he turns up when you least expect it.

and, if you want something to snuggle up to............... I snuggle with my cats or dog, or even all three, they never expect anything and give you unconditional love!!!

you'll get there, just try not to beat yourself up. XX

Yes give it as much time as it needs. It definitely is bereavement and hits you in stages. I found a strong logical outlook helped me when my emotions threatened to take over, as you said!

Don't beat yourself up to be 'over it' just because you've decided it's over. Acknowledge you had/have feelings for him & that you were in love with him but then put those feelings aside.

Try focus all that love onto yourself & think about what you want, what makes you happy & do whatever that is. Perhaps come up with a goal, short or long term to work towards that's just for you. Perhaps try a new activity in life. When you feel you want some male attention occasionally just go out with the girlies, flirt & have fun. ;)

And yes cuddles with my dogs meant I didn't miss my ex one bit :D Xx

I think you're doing brilliantly mrs!! From where you first started! X

I was in a relationship with the man of my dreams.so I thought at the time. It all ended very messily he married on the rebound it didn't work. I spent several years more or less on my own struggling.i met up with my x just before I met my husband. I thought how pathetic he was lol. I ended up on a dating site met my husband and we have been married for 5 years. The funny thing is now I know the x wasn't the man of my dreams, we didn't actually get on that we'll. I love my husband we laugh every day, we do get on. The only thing I regret is wasting my life moping over the x lol xxx

Latest posts

Back