Removal of NSS enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artymarty

Young at heart geek
Reaction score
I acquired a new client at work yesterday when she saw my nails. She said that after having extensions put on at a local oriental salon her own nails were very sore, thin and yellow. She has asked me to do her nails for her, but after a doing a "search" I can't find out how best to remove these for her, to give her a nice new set of gel extensions. She did say that they did have a "fishy" smell when being filed etc, so this, along with all the other info, leads me to believe that these are MMA type acrylics.

So because of their apparent hardness I understand they are not "soak offable ":)!: ) ..........What is the best way forward?? :grr:

Thanks geeks!

Martine x

Martine,

You can remove these enhancements but it could take 3 to 4 hours, be very unpleasant and also you don't know what you find. I usually thin the enhancements out, take the length down and infill until the product grows out.

Check out this previous thread:

MMA Infills!
Louise732

no they soak off, it takes longer than usual but they do soak of in acetone

Both Chris and Davina are right.

Plan on a soak - but a long one. If it starts to take too long, then maybe file them down and rebalance from there.

Remember that just because they were done by someone who is 'oriental' doesn't necessarily mean they are MMA, even if they smelled of salmon when filed :)

HTHs

HI MARTINE

yep i have had 2 clients with this on.....first one took 3 hours to remove the damn stuff......horrendous nails underneath so thin and rings of fire on every finger.

The second one.......filed them down plenty first and in my quick soak bowl it took just and hour.

Good luck

amb x

Thanks for all your suggestions..............so it looks like a good soak off job then!! Amb.......I was thinking maybe file down quite a lot first, then soak!! :D Still, I like a challenge!! :wink2:

Happy Christmas!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Martine x

Latest posts

Back