Removing Shellac in a UV lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that would be safer but still VERY important not to let any Acetone leak into the mitts or it could expose wires which would become live when you turn the mitts on the next time. Make frequent checks.

When it is cold I use a wheat bag (which has been heated in a microwave) wrapped in a towel and place it on top of my ladies hands. They love it and I sometimes put some lavender oil on the bag and the smell wafts up and they love that too.

When it is cold I use a wheat bag (which has been heated in a microwave) wrapped in a towel and place it on top of my ladies hands. They love it and I sometimes put some lavender oil on the bag and the smell wafts up and they love that too.

Fab idea and adds a touch of luxury to it:Love:

I have a beautiful spot of melted plastic on my lamp tray because one of my clients put her foil wrapped hands in there while I went to get her a drink...apparently her last nail tech asked her to do this so she thought it was the norm - so glad to hear it's not!

For goodness sake how quick do people want it removed? It only takes 10 mins to remove anyway.:rolleyes:

For goodness sake how quick do people want it removed? It only takes 10 mins to remove anyway.:rolleyes:

Will be even quicker once the 8 minute remover becomes available x

So I presume putting a minx lamp over them's a daft idea too?

What about wrapping hands securely in a towel and warming under minx lamp? x

This is a good idea, I have one do hope it's fine... Gelish removal it's the bane of my life!!!

In my original post I was referring to removing L&P, but I agree for shellac it is totally not necessary :biggrin:

Will be even quicker once the 8 minute remover becomes available x
Ah yes. But even that won't be quick enough for some.:biggrin:

This is a good idea, I have one do hope it's fine... Gelish removal it's the bane of my life!!!

Why is Gelish removal the bane of your life Hun ? It's easy peasy, 10-12 mins and it's done :)

Xxx

Wow thanks for so many replies on this. I thought it would be quite dangerous and sounded very odd to me so thanks clarifying this. She had severe dehydration spots on pinky and ring finger only on one hand which I wondered may have been a result of the wrapping in the lamp. She Solar oils daily too.

I don't use shellac but after removing it once I can't see why you would need to apply heat as the removal is so quick & easy!
Wrap fingers, little chat with client & is off!!

i recently started doing this but not with a minx lamp, just a table lamp over top of towel, it was suggested to me as clients want it off fast, this has put me off idea

well, minx lamp with ordinary bulb in it, am i the only one who changes the bulb when im not doing minx ?
i couldnt work under the heat of a minx lamp its roasting

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back