Removing Vinylux

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mollylolly

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I have been using Vinylux for a few weeks now and love it. However, I am finding it more difficult to remove from natural nails that a regular nail polish.

I had a lady today who's toes I did 3 weeks ago, and it was a nightmare to remove. I used D.Solve on a lint free wipe and it took ages and then there were patches on the nails that just would not budge that I ended up gently buffing off.

Am I doing something wrong, or should I be wrapping the nails as I would normally do with Shellac to remove?

Any advise would be appreciated

xx

Normal nail polish remover gets my vinylux off!!!

Normal nail polish remover gets my vinylux off!!!

Hiya,
Do you find that it takes and longer to remove with a normal nail polish remover to remove than a regular polish?

Have you tried it on a cotton pad, see if that makes any difference? Was she in the sun after her pedicure or wearing sandals?

Have you tried removing it with the nourishing remover? Are your lint free wipes padded or kinda like paper towels? (I only ask because I have a problem using paper towel-like wipes for removals due to the fact that they don't hold as much remover as a padded one.)
I personally haven't had a problem with it yet. I used acetone and cotton pads the first few removals with no problem. I just held the pad over the nail plate for a few seconds longer than usual to let it dissolve, then wiggle it down like normal.

Thank you all for your comments.

Hellishbellish, Yes my lady had been away on holiday to Turkey, so I guess she had been wearing sandals most of the time

Chickafish, I use the plastic backed remover pads. I have just ordered some Nourish remover, so hopefully this will be better than the D.Solve

Siana, Thank you for the link to the video. It has really helped.

Thank you all again xxxx

I completely agree it is a nightmare to remove. Any longer than 1 week and its like a work-out getting it off. I use the nourishing remover and plastic-backed pads so its not the products I am using. I dread a polish change with Vinylux!!!!!

I completely agree it is a nightmare to remove. Any longer than 1 week and its like a work-out getting it off. I use the nourishing remover and plastic-backed pads so its not the products I am using. I dread a polish change with Vinylux!!!!!

I agree I found it a nightmare to remove even with the plastic back pads and nourishing remover, doing exactly as shown in the above clip

I have to say that this perplexes me. I have never had the slightest problem removing regardless of the remover that I have used. Of course, I normally use nourishing remover, but if I have Brisa Lite smoothing gel underneath I use another brand that is acetone free. It easily removes the Vinylux while keeping the gel intact. Are you holding the remover soaked pad on the nail for several seconds before trying to wipe it? I usually do that with some firm pressure and find that works well.

I've never used the plastic backed pads. This is probably bad but I really like the cotton pads from costco. They've got one side that's weaved so it doesn't leave behind fluffies. Removing anything takes a bit of firm pressure, even with regular polish. If it's been on there long, has more than 2 coats (once had a client come to me with 8 layers on- one of them people who just slap on another coat without removing the old one first), or had thick polish on, it needs a good firm hold of at least 20 seconds with a saturated pad.

I use the plastic backed pads as I feel they have the right texture to remove the Vinylux. My client today had Purple Purple on her toes for 7 weeks and I had no problem removing with these pads.

I have had no problems removing Vinylux, even with back pool or other dark colours. i use cotton pads & normal polish, and removes very easily.

I don't have a problem with removal either. But I have to say, if I did, taking a bit of extra time would not bother me as the fact that the VINYLUX Top Coat goes harder over time is one of the reasons why VINYLUX lasts so well and stays on for so long. That's how it works. Love it.

I remove always using cotton filled gauze pads ... Couldn't live without them in my work. I personally do not care for the plastic backed pads. Too smooth a surface and too many fuzzies for me.

Cotton filled gauze pads- yes! That's what I was trying to say earlier... weaved side... I'm such an idiot sometimes. haha. That's what I've been using but I get them at costco because sally's near me only carries those cheap fluffy ones that come apart everytime I try to reach for just one.

Cotton filled gauze pads- yes! That's what I was trying to say earlier... weaved side... I'm such an idiot sometimes. haha. That's what I've been using but I get them at costco because sally's near me only carries those cheap fluffy ones that come apart everytime I try to reach for just one.
I get mine from Sweet Squared! :D

Thank you all for your comments.

I guess I just expected the Vinylux to swipe off as easily as regular polish.

I am loving the colours, the ease of application, the finished look and the quick drying time. My client was really pleased with the way her toes had lasted, and the only reason I removed them was because she wanted to change the colour. Happy clients are what matter.

If it means I have to spend a few seconds extra removing then that's fine by me.:biggrin:

Thank you all again x

I find it Does take longer and adds to service time. I now have 1 pad over big toe and another over next 2 toes to begin softening polish. This works much quicker. I think I put more top coat on big toes, especially if they are not smooth so this will take extra to remove.

My only gripe is having to apply a light coat first e.g. beau to stop dark colours from staining. This happened to me first time I tried it on myself but not since.
However as I had a first time removal and reapplication with Fedora last night, I didn't want to risk sating on next removal.

This is a tip passed on by fellow Geeks - adding light bottom layer- but as you still need 2 colour layers it defeats object of no base coat. Also adds to removal time as now 4 coats to remove next time.

What do other Geeks think please?

I am a customer of vinylux and I have to be honest too. I have no trouble at all removing it even when it's been on my toes for weeks on end. I do use though Sainsburys own brand extra strength nail varnish remover, whether this helps more I don't know but it comes off a treat.
X

Latest posts

Back