Resisting the urge to do a pregnancy test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well another month gone by for me and even though I'm four days late I can feel I'm coming on 😞 it's so disheartening... Has anyone else found out any good news that are trying? X

Hi, I was the same. I was two weeks late and kept getting period pains but then I tested positive and it said I was at 2-3 days.
I continued getting period pains but these can be implantation pains; where the fertilised egg is embedding in the wall of the uterus. My little girl is 18 months old now; so I was definitely pregnant.
If you are, I recommend pregnacare conception vitamins. Me and my husband tried for a few months; I tried this and was pregnant a week later!! Lol xxx

Hi I thought I'd jump this thread because you obviously all know you thing lol, so me and the nd have decided 2015 is our year for kids... the only thing that "regulates me"is contraception so when I'm taking nothing I'm all over the place
1. When am I going to know when to take a test?
2. Does ovulation still stay the same even though your periods dont?

Tia

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah I've come on this morning 😞 just don't know what else I can do x

Iv now learnt to not get excited about any little pains or any twinges. It's hard but it'll happen when it happens. I'm trying my hardest to not even think about it at all! Lol x

I feel like I've given up on getting pregnant, I must be fertile as I have a child but tbh he has always doubted his fertility just coz his never got anyone preggers I guess he was irresponsible when he was younger, I know I'm very impatient I've only been off contraception a year and that could have a big effect, my frien seemed to just talk about having another child and bang she was pregnant, feeling very disheartened :(

I have a friend who's always on about having another child and it takes the biscuit when that's all you hear when you see someone x

I have a friend who's always on about having another child and it takes the biscuit when that's all you hear when you see someone x

That's just insensitive. I can understand her being excited but if she knows your situation she should reign it in a bit, in my opinion.

That's not very nice for her to do that, have you said something to her? Like "I wish I could just have one child!" To maybe shut her up abit? X

Yeah both me and my OH have said something and even her OH has told her but it shuts her up for a couple of days and then she starts on about it again, what's even worse is the child she's already got she's had took off her by social services yet she's wanting another baby for all the wrong reasons x

I'm so confused! My last few cycles I have ovulated 14/15 days after a period. But this cycle I haven't ovulated until day 22! Before Xmas my cycles were long but have been getting shorter and shorter (back to normal) but now this month it seems to have gone back to being long again! I know you can ovulate late some months it's just annoying! Does that mean my period will be late now? I though I ovulated a couple of days ago due to pains but obviously not! X

I'm so confused! My last few cycles I have ovulated 14/15 days after a period. But this cycle I haven't ovulated until day 22! Before Xmas my cycles were long but have been getting shorter and shorter (back to normal) but now this month it seems to have gone back to being long again! I know you can ovulate late some months it's just annoying! Does that mean my period will be late now? I though I ovulated a couple of days ago due to pains but obviously not! X

Have you done an ovulation test to see when you should of ovulated? These are invaluable.

I get pains that I think are ovulation and they turn out they are not. There have been months that I could swear I ovulated and haven't and its been prior to pains etc.

I would get some opks to check. Even buy a clear blue and it will give you your smiley when you are ovulating.

Are you tracking your cycles? Make sure your not just having sex on the day you think you may ovulate as you will most likely miss the egg. Sperm needs to be there to meet the egg when it is released. So every other day from cycle day 7/8 then every day on the 3/4 day run up to ov.

If you ovulate late then yes your period will arrive later than what you are used to. The luteal phase doesn't change so you should still have 14 days from ov.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Eek!! Am I pregnant with my second?? About 1.5-2 weeks ago I was experiencing what felt like fairly heavy period pains. After 2-3 days it stopped and now....still no period!

I occasionally feel slight period like pains which I remember having with my first daughter when I was 2-3 weeks with her; they told me it was implantation pains.

I did a test on Friday which was negative but I still have nothing, just occasional niggly pains?

I don't have regular periods, they can be anything from 28 days to 31 days but can't remember when my last one was? How long should I wait before I test again? xxx

[QUOTE=Nails

I used to use ovulation tests but I always knew when I was ovulating from signs/pains etc so I stopped wasting my money. This month has just completely caught me out as it's not worked out when I predicted. I always chart my cycles and work everything out. I'm always right every month. This month we did it every day leading up to what I thought was ovulation. I bought an opk to take today as I was in a lot of pain and it's positive. I can't do anything though as hubby is having a sperm count tomorrow :-( another month I'm out! :-( we could still be in with a chance as the last time we did it was sat night? We will also do it again tomorrow night so hopefully we can catch it! X

Last edited:
Hubby's gonna move his test till another time as we can't miss this opportunity! Lol x

Our bodies always play with us. Once we think we have a regular cycle it all goes tits up lol.

Good luck, I always read your posts and I'm always looking forward to the positive pregnancy post :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

One day I will write a post saying I'm finally pregnant! Hopefully soon! Lol x

Hubby's gonna move his test till another time as we can't miss this opportunity! Lol x

I now know that you will be having sex tonight.. tmi perhaps lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Gotta be done to make a baby! Haha x

Hahaha! The deed is already done! I don't mess about lol hopefully it will work! Good luck to all you ladies! X

Latest posts

Back