Resisting the urge to do a pregnancy test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Babychops and pinkcouture tests are the next step. I'm almost afraid to go in case it's the worst case scenario you know? Deep down I know I should just go cos at least then I'd know, it's just hard. I'll have to give reflexology a go. We're all the same I suppose, all the times we do it for other people and never for ourselves. I think working in a salon is the worst thing though, constantly having pregnant clients these days, or maybe I'm just noticing it more!! I just now worry about all the times when we are young and are wishing for it to come because I haven't used protection and nothing ever happened....received at the time but now worried. I think the tests are worrying me because my partner conceived with an ex gf who sadly miscarried, so if there's a problem it's me.

So told him last night and he put on a brave face for me but I heard him crying in the living room while he thought I was sleeping. Breaking my heart, he'd be such an amazing dad.

Babychops and pinkcouture tests are the next step. I'm almost afraid to go in case it's the worst case scenario you know? Deep down I know I should just go cos at least then I'd know, it's just hard. I'll have to give reflexology a go. We're all the same I suppose, all the times we do it for other people and never for ourselves. I think working in a salon is the worst thing though, constantly having pregnant clients these days, or maybe I'm just noticing it more!! I just now worry about all the times when we are young and are wishing for it to come because I haven't used protection and nothing ever happened....received at the time but now worried. I think the tests are worrying me because my partner conceived with an ex gf who sadly miscarried, so if there's a problem it's me.

Please book in for tests, it might be such a simple thing to solve if there is indeed anything wrong. You sound worried about the tests which may be having an affect? It may be a relief once you've been and thinking that something's being done may help. Keep believing to.

Definitely get tests done.

I had my first blood test last week. Results came back abnormal, which is really hard to hear.

Now I have the wait for my ultrasound on the 17th and then my doctors appointment on the 24th of April.

It will be a very long wait. Feeling very deflated. :(

Thinking of all of you and sending hugs! Its a horrible feeling and one that only people in the same situation can understand. I know everyones different but I definitely feel less stressed since I started having tests.

Becca@blush dont convince yourself its you that has a problem. I know a couple who were trying for a baby, the woman already had 2 kids, the man had none but had tried for years with an ex partner with no luck. So when they started trying for a baby themselves and nothing happened they immediately thought it was him, however after tests it should he had good swimmers and she had problems. So dont dwell on the fact that he conceived before, things can change!

I had tests done when after I came off the pill I didn't have any periods for 5 months, it helped me feel better that it was being investigated, in the end I think the reflexology helped them to return

I was scared about getting tests done as I thought it was me that had the problem as hubby got another girl pregnant when he was younger (she aborted the baby) but all my tests have come back normal and so has hubbies. They haven't found anything wrong with us yet. It will make you feel better getting tests done as you'll feel like your moving forward! X

Babychops I agree, getting the tests done makes you feel better. If they come back normal then you can stop worrying about something being wrong and if they flag anything up then the doctor can deal with it and move forward. Both outcomes can be positive in the long run.

Although it's annoying they haven't found anything wrong with me, I suppose it's a good thing as I know I can get pregnant it's just a case of when x

Babychops have you tracked all your cycles, basal body temperature etc so you know exactly when you are ovulating?

Yep, I track cm and get tons of symptoms before I ovulate. I get very bad ovulation pains so can pinpoint the exact day that I ovulate. I'm very in tune with my body and know everything that's going on lol x

Congratulations!!!!

Congratulations babychops x

Fantastic news!

Babychops I am so pleased for you! So glad this finally happened for you, sending big hugs to you and bump :)

Congratulations, I haven't commented on this thread before but have read it to see if there's any updates
Great news x

Congratulations :)) xxx

Latest posts

Back