Retail merchant services

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallyyummymummy

Reaction score
Hi all. Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this company? We had an appointment last week with a guy from this company about me getting a card machine (I currently only take cash or cheque which can be inconvenient) & the salon owner switching to them. We both had our meeting with him & he got us both signed up there & then. He was very good at selling hence us both signing up to what appears to be a great deal. But I've since read up about the company & read some horrendous reviews. I'm hoping that all will be ok though but somehow he left with my bank details for direct debit and my signature on a few forms and never left me a copy. I'm normally so careful about these things as well & hoping I'm worrying about what I've read unnecessarily & all will be fine.

Sorry for the long winded post!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I haven't heard of this company - although I do know that the FSB (Federation of Small Businesses) offer very competitive card processing services to their members - so the FSB offer may be worth looking at, if this other company turn out not to be so good.

You should have a cooling off period, I think. Contact them tomorrow and invoke it if at all possible.
In the meantime contact Card Compliance Services and get a quote from the ever helpful Mat.

They were the first company I had dealings with and I had problems from the start. I got out of my contract as soon as I could!

Hmmmm doesn't sound very promising. What sort of problems did you have angelina? I'm kind of hoping it'll be ok and that its just the rep I don't like and got wierd vibes from & the way he signed us up there & then. I'd rather have had the info & read through it all in my own time. I feel silly for not insisting on it. :confused:

Hmmmm doesn't sound very promising. What sort of problems did you have angelina? I'm kind of hoping it'll be ok and that its just the rep I don't like and got wierd vibes from & the way he signed us up there & then. I'd rather have had the info & read through it all in my own time. I feel silly for not insisting on it. :confused:

Rather than hope why don't you cancel the contract and read through several companies in your own time? It's VERY important to get right. You want the chargeback procedures (if god forbid any occur) to be dealt with etc.

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see where I stand re cooling off period. It does seem like a good deal £9.95 a month & 2.9% transaction fee with just a years contract.

2.9% transaction fee!
Flippin' heck, that's very high. I pay 1.16%...

Thats good lynne! Deffo need to look elsewhere. Flippin eck what a pain!

The only call you need to make is to Mat at CCS!

hi Ive been with RMS for 7-8 years now ... never had any problems with them and have always found them very helpful, money goes into my bank account the next day around 4pm ...

i'd be interested in comparing though Lynne, i think i'll give mat a tinkle :wink2: do you have his telephone number to hand babe ?

kx

The only call you need to make is to Mat at CCS!

I am currently looking to change from streamline. Trouble is, I don't want to commit to another 3/4 year contract again. I feel card payments are rapidly changing with updates in technology and I want to keep my future options open?
Does CCS offer deals without long contracts, or can anyone suggest another company. I do not need a mobile device, but ideally a wireless machine, that can be used in a different room to the telephone point.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

thanks Lynne ... i see CCS use Elavon too ? thats who RMS use ... so CCS and RMS may just be our point of contact ?!

i'll give them a call tomorrow and see whats what anyhoo

kx

I personally didn't like Elavon. Just a gut feeling. We went with CardSave - fantastic prices, can haggle too - and they use streamline.

Latest posts

Back