Retention+ leaking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachFace

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this problem? The lid is always firmly on and it is always upright but just carrying the bag to the car and out the other side etc my bottle of retention+ seems to leak all the time so that the bottle sometimes gets a bit wet on the outside and my box stinks :(

Assume it is a dodgy bottle lid maybe? Just wondered if this was a common problem and if there is there anything appropriate I should decant it into?

thx x

Does anyone else have this problem? The lid is always firmly on and it is always upright but just carrying the bag to the car and out the other side etc my bottle of retention+ seems to leak all the time so that the bottle sometimes gets a bit wet on the outside and my box stinks :(

Assume it is a dodgy bottle lid maybe? Just wondered if this was a common problem and if there is there anything appropriate I should decant it into?

thx x

You must remove every trace of the foil seal around the rim of the R+ bottle and it will be easier to carry without leaking. If it is still happening after that, then put some bluetac on the bottom so the bottle stays upright when you are carrying it.

You must remove every trace of the foil seal around the rim of the R+ bottle and it will be easier to carry without leaking. If it is still happening after that, then put some bluetac on the bottom so the bottle stays upright when you are carrying it.

Thanks Geeg, Ill check the foil! :)

Don't do it up too tight! Seriously it works :)

yes deffo find this helps about not doing too tight,, I always find my bottles of fake bake solution leak I could not for life of me work out why, and when it was in the cup would leak, I find if you unscrew and screw back on and sorta feel the lips going back on iygwim,,, and then dont do too tight.

I but gallon bottles of R+ and decant into 4oz bottles never had a problem, maybe a little dribble, aqlthough I have now started storing my big bottle in fridge with tan solutions and when in my car i have a cool box for all my other chemicly thingys lol,, iygwim :p xxx

It dosent need to be in the fridge though :)
could you order a trial size bottle to decant into for mobile jobs? That way if for what ever reson you did loose some it wouldn't be alot, you might even find it lAsts longer as you will learn to use only enough,
or maybe get a bucket bag ?

In the summer monomer needs to be stored cool it perfoms better than when heateed. hence when kept in my garage with my tumble dryer which yes I still use in summer (bedding towels etc ) my 10 bottles of tan solution an gallon bottle of retention will be better of in the fridge (no food) ,,,,,I would check it is better stored cood rather than warm, hth x

Ok I'm going to leave it at that as I'm not sure what your getting at!
I have no issue At all with decanting and was posting to the original poster saying it is what I would do.

My huge bottles of cnd monomer are kept in a stable enviroment and I don't feel the need to put it in the fridge ,

nor did I when we lived in Italy .

But each to there own .

Latest posts

Back