Rights when unhappy with brands?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Zoe*

Reaction score
I do not want to criticise this brand publicly as that's not my intention and would be very unprofessional so I won't name specifics.

I have just started using a skincare range and was really disappointed when I had a very bad reaction to it. Shrugged it off and kept using it in the salon but in the past month I have had 2 other people come back in after a facial with similar symptoms. Swollen eyes, dry sore skin etc.
I have e-mailed them regarding this matter and waiting for a call back. What are my rights? Can I send everything back as I don't feel confident in the brand.

Thanks for everyone's help/advise.

Zoe x

If something has been opened not for those. It is entirely at the discretion of the company - this is a company to company purchase, so consumer rights may not apply.

You can contact the Law Society, they might guide you in this matter, I am sure there must be some regulation and support somewhere. Sometimes your insurer can advice you, depends who you have it with, but I am not sure, worth to ask though

I do not want to criticise this brand publicly as that's not my intention and would be very unprofessional so I won't name specifics.

I have just started using a skincare range and was really disappointed when I had a very bad reaction to it. Shrugged it off and kept using it in the salon but in the past month I have had 2 other people come back in after a facial with similar symptoms. Swollen eyes, dry sore skin etc.
I have e-mailed them regarding this matter and waiting for a call back. What are my rights? Can I send everything back as I don't feel confident in the brand.

Zoe x

Hi Zoe

Did you not use testers prior to ordering?

Zoe x

Is it a certain product you could pin down.I used to use a certain very highly regarded product for eye makeup remover that effected a few people's eyes before eyelash tints.Nothing major but I knew it was that because it made my regulars puffy eyed.

Hi Zoe

Did you not use testers prior to ordering?

Yes but I used a different version. Without being too specific I tried there range for combination skin for a month and liked it so purchased. Did have a play and smell with the others. Decided to switch to the one for more dryer skin because of the cold weather and had a bad reaction.

It's the range for dryer skins that I have also used on the 3 lady's who have come back in and complained of a reaction.

You can contact the Law Society, they might guide you in this matter, I am sure there must be some regulation and support somewhere. Sometimes your insurer can advice you, depends who you have it with, but I am not sure, worth to ask though

Thanks, I think i am just going to leave it and cut my losses. It's not a huge amount I have left, about £400 as I have obviously not reordered this past month or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this were one of our customers I'd be mortified!
Pick up the phone to them and explain what's happened.
Again, if it were one of our customers I think I'd be inclined to give them as much of a refund as was possible, and buy back the stock. I'd also point them in the direction of products suitable for sensitive skins.
I would hate for a customer to feel that their only recourse was through solicitors; that really should be a last resort.
I'm sure that the supplier would do everything they can for you.

I have e-mailed them regarding this matter and waiting for a call back.

Zoe x

I think you just need to wait to hear from them. I'm sure they will be happy to advise and help you and you won't need to worry about solicitors/rights etc.
Let us know what happens. x

Latest posts

Back