Risky business???!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinkleTips69

Reaction score
My head is well and truly frazzled.

I've got a great spot in a local hair salon, cheap rent (although due to go up) nice staff, but I just aint happy!

I hate being stuck in the back, bloomin rowdy girls on their lunch break disturbs my treatments and most of all - I cant put anything in the window/main salon to promote myself.

The only two salons in my town have closed (one because her mum is very ill and one because the hotel they were in wanted the basement to make a ballroom.)

I know its a huge risk to set up a salon, but I feel like I'd be letting a fab opportunity slip through my fingers!!!!

Aggggghhhh!!

What do I do!!! Risk it all for something I really want, or stay put and grin and bear it!!!!

do it, do it do it!! i used to rent a room in a tanning salon and was forever getting disturbed by all the people hanging around, couldnt retail any stock or expand my treatments cause of lack of space. set up my own place two years ago and havent looked back, got three treatment rooms, two nail bars and three staff and its going great!! if you dont do it youll never know!!!!
sally xx

oh my god!just go for it.....you only live once and this is a fantastic opportunity!

just think, you have a client base already so your not starting completely from scratch, and by having a shop face to advertise yourself, you are only going to get more.......plus, hopefully, the clients from the other salons that have closed down will come to you too!

yeah yeah yeah do it!!!!!im excited for you.......good luck

xxx

So what did you do? Have you made your mind up? Lx

If it helps sway your mind, the hairdressers I shall soon be renting a room within, used to have a good therapist a few years ago. She now has her own successful salon in another part of town from my existing salon & the haidressers. Given the guts, it can be done :)

GOOOOOOOO FOR IT:)

There is a gap in the town........dont dwell on what if

JUST DO IT

xx:)

what are you waiting for??

how though is your back?

My head is well and truly frazzled.

I've got a great spot in a local hair salon, cheap rent (although due to go up) nice staff, but I just aint happy!

I hate being stuck in the back, bloomin rowdy girls on their lunch break disturbs my treatments and most of all - I cant put anything in the window/main salon to promote myself.

The only two salons in my town have closed (one because her mum is very ill and one because the hotel they were in wanted the basement to make a ballroom.)

I know its a huge risk to set up a salon, but I feel like I'd be letting a fab opportunity slip through my fingers!!!!

Aggggghhhh!!

What do I do!!! Risk it all for something I really want, or stay put and grin and bear it!!!!

If you're not happy somewhere, then this will inadvertantly (sp?) spill over to your clients & they will pick up on the vibes. The end result is that fewer clients will re-book which will make you even unhappier & so the cycle goes on.

If you have something positive to look forward to then this can only be a good thing. Plus, don't forget you have some clients already, and hopefully a good database of lapsed clients to market to.

Latest posts

Back