Rockstar complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I had a message from a client today saying that she will not have her nails done with me again and will not recommend me as I had done her nails they had chipped within a few days, but its was 3 weeks before we redid them and it seemed to be her 'doing fingers' as I call them that had chipped. I offered to do them half price as I should have maybe made them shorter (ex had just finished with me wasn't quite thinking and let her choose length)

So today had a message saying she was nto happy as they had not lasted either, and had gone to a salon and they have lasted 3 weeks, now as I understood it was pep, scrubfresh, base, cure 10 secs, 1 colour coat 120 sec cure, scrub in glitter, top coat x2 120 secs. She said the girl did 2 colour coats and cured for longer and she said this was standard practice??? not as far as I was aware! I thought maybe they had used a different system or maybe a gel coat on top, will be calling the salon tommorrow as 1, they should not be slandering me to a client, and 2, to find out what they have used.

I have lots of happy clients and some I know have gone 4-5 weeks (not recommend by me btw lol) I always do exactly the same as I'm a perfectionist and would never cut corners but I was really upset by this and cannot understand why theirs would have lasted so well and mine did not!

my bulbs are at 35 hrs and have been turned aswell (cant be a problem with lamp or products as other clients nails A ok! as are mine.

She also said I should not be charging salon prices as I used an ironing board as a table and its totally unprofessional, but this was actually recommended to me by my cnd tutor! and she seemed happy enough at the time.

Sorry bit long winded but just checking to make sure I'm 100% right this has really knocked my confidence and upset me as she's making out my work isn't any good and I've ripped her off :Scared:

Sarah xx

Have you seen the nails regarding the complaint? Has she followed your after card advice? X

sorry to hear this hun and that its knocked your confidence....

you are never going to please everyone so do not worry. You offered to re do and she didnt want that which means she hasnt given you the chance to find out why they didnt last. also she may have had a different product used in the salon she went to which is why it wouldve been cured differently. never believe what a client tells you, they are not the experts and just assume that all gels etc are the same.

if you have plenty of other clients that are happy with your work and finding that it lasts then just put this lady down to experience.

have faith in your own work xx

She came back after the first time, she hadn't complained till a week and a half later, and didn't see them till it had been three weeks. This set I did not see and she didn't contact me until now to tell me they hadn't lasted, so no chance to see why and as the other salon had done them and they have lasted she basically thinks I'm rubbish at my job! I'm just trying to work out why on earth if it is shellac they use, why mine didn't last, when they last on other clients. She said she had followed my advice but who knows :rolleyes: Just really worried that she will tell other ladies and it will damage my business, I've now lost her and all the wedding party I was going to have :eek: xx

you cannot please people all of the time only some of the time..Look at the nails before you decide any kind of refund:lol:

I wont be offering a refund as to my knowlegde I'm doing everything by the book, will be calling my local educator to check I know I shouldn't doubt myself this has really thrown me, not having the best time at the mo anyway probably why its upset me so much. Also I like to know things so I want to figure out why its happened with me and not other salon lol xx

Sounds to me like a client you could do without! Some people are never happy. Nails aren't indestructible. I wouldn't worry about it. I think that was quite harsh of her. How does she know what standard practice is for rockstar nails. Everyone does them differently. I wouldn't take her back now.

Well apparently the girls in this salon told her this info, tbh i'm not bothered if I lose a client but i'm more worried about being trashed for my work I just hope they have used something different and I can say ah thats it then! I'm glad you have found something that works for you but see it wasn't anything I did wrong. Does anyone else do 2 coats of colour with rockstar? Maybe thats made the difference but out how I was told to do and haven't seen any posts on here suggesting it X

Well apparently the girls in this salon told her this info, tbh i'm not bothered if I lose a client but i'm more worried about being trashed for my work I just hope they have used something different and I can say ah thats it then! I'm glad you have found something that works for you but see it wasn't anything I did wrong. Does anyone else do 2 coats of colour with rockstar? Maybe thats made the difference but out how I was told to do and haven't seen any posts on here suggesting it X
There are all kinds of different ways to do rock star and glitters vary too. Nails don't chip without force. End of story.

I only use one layer of colour, glitter on top and cure, then I put on 2 top coats. I know you don't want her to trash your work but I would just explain that every product isn't for everyone. I would just say your glad she's found something that suits her and say your sorry about that but it happens. X

Hi, I use two colour coats and they are fine.

I would put it down to experience if it was one client of many and the fact is that you will never know what's happened because she's not a loyal customer who is prepared to work with you for the benefit of her nails. As someone said...put it down to experience. Why don't you do an experiment and grab a friend and do a set on her and see what happens, don't just sit there doubting yourself :hug: xx

i dont see only one coat as being a problem as you can do rockstars with just a clear. i usually use a colour coat and if you get enogh coverage with one then its fine. Its more to do with the look rather than whether you should be using one or two coats of colour. i prefer to not be able to see the nail through so try to use a similar colour to the glitter to give more depth.......Some clients just lie to get freebies.....forget her.!!!!

Hi folks,

She also said I should not be charging salon prices as I used an ironing board as a table and its totally unprofessional, but this was actually recommended to me by my cnd tutor! and she seemed happy enough at the time.

Sorry bit long winded but just checking to make sure I'm 100% right this has really knocked my confidence and upset me as she's making out my work isn't any good and I've ripped her off :Scared:

Sarah xx
I agree with everything that everyone has said , but using an ironing board I don't agree with . Some CND educators may recommend them but I personally do not think it looks professional . If someone came to my home to do my nails and requested to use my ironing board as a nail table I'll be honest I wouldn't be impressed . You can get some lovely lightweight portable tables that don't cost the the earth maybe you could look at getting one xx

Using one colour coat should make no difference to if you've used 2. I've done rockstars both ways and not had any problems.

The fact she waited so long to contact you sounds really fishy to me. Just forget her and carry on with your other clients. If they are happy then you've nothing to worry about xx

Called fingertips centre and they verified my process was correct, also called the salon where she went and no different technique was used they are all fingertips trained! And also there is a strict policy about trashing other tech's so it looks like the client has been telling porkies! It must just have been something she has done as I know its not my work! The salon manager was lovely and actually offered me work without seeing any of my work ;-)
I know there is a big thing about the ironing board all my clients are perfectly happy with it and she was until the nasty txt but I do realise someone people are not happy with this and I also offer treatments at a leisure centre which has a proper nail desk, suppose i'm just used to it now have used them since I started way back when lol and never a complaint sometimes a disappointed look when I say i'm not going to do their ironing lol x

Latest posts

Back