Rockstar toes! Post your pics too

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do u all get your glitters from I love the hologram glitters xx

Lovley! Can I ask what you used on the second photo?

Thanks Rubytues
I used Shellac clearly pink and Martha Stewart glitter in cotton candy. :)

Thanks Rubytues
I used Shellac clearly pink and Martha Stewart glitter in cotton candy. :)

I haven't got the Martha Stuart glitters but is it more of a White glitter?

I haven't got the Martha Stuart glitters but is it more of a White glitter?

It's a pinky coral colour if that makes sense. All my clients love it and by far the favourite.

I love putting nail art over them for a something a bit different :D

292942_207440012646486_100001414652347_593898_6862376_n.jpg

264601_190907680966386_100001414652347_539878_4561332_n.jpg

261368_190849054305582_100001414652347_539646_973884_n.jpg

Hi just wondering if someone could answer a little question for me
I do offer shellac that's not why I'm asking but just wondered if you could do rockstar or twinkle toes using normal base coat colour and top coat ?
As an alternative to shellac ?

Hi just wondering if someone could answer a little question for me
I do offer shellac that's not why I'm asking but just wondered if you could do rockstar or twinkle toes using normal base coat colour and top coat ?
As an alternative to shellac ?

If you used a REALLY thick top coat, or a few layers of normal topcoat you could do it. The problem I have found with glitter and nail polish is that you don;t get that super shiny finish because the glitter roughens the surface oo much for the top coat to smooth out. So it just doesnt look as sparkly. :cry:

Loving this thread! Some of my own to add to the beautiful collection you have going!

Gorgeous! What glitter do you use? xx

I can't seem to upload them all my pics are on my FB page!

Facebook

I dunno if this will work

Facebook

Love Rockstar! I use gellux base/top to do this though not shellac xx

This may be an incredibly daft question but that's what it's all about if you don't ask you don't know,,!
I have noticed that A lot of you put glitter in the uncured product, (similarly I have seen it mentioned this way with crystal Mani/pedis) and knowing that it is crucial to make sure to have the correct uv lamp for your product, does the glitter or crystals not prevent the gel from curing fully?
I probably should have posted this somewhere else but wasn't sure where anyway I hope you can satisfy my curiosity :)
Thanks in advance
Cristy

Of course it's not daft - but we don't put the glitter onto uncured product - we put the glitter on the sticky residue left after the product is cured, hth's x

Of course it's not daft - but we don't put the glitter onto uncured product - we put the glitter on the sticky residue left after the product is cured, hth's x

Do you cure you first coat of colour before glitter??

I don't ya see, i do the base (10 sec cure)
1 coat of colour then glitter then (2min cure)
Then 2 - 3 coats of top coat.... :)

Do you cure you first coat of colour before glitter??

I don't ya see, i do the base (10 sec cure)
1 coat of colour then glitter then (2min cure)
Then 2 - 3 coats of top coat.... :)

I cure the colour 1st and apply the glitter to the sticky layer
:)

I cure the colour 1st and apply the glitter to the sticky layer
:)

I dont find it as sparkly when its scrubbed into the sticky layer? Maybe just me and my application :-( it always is more sparkly and glittery for me if i put it into uncured product then cure.....x

I honestly didn't even consider putting glitter into uncured gel in case it didn't cure properly. I placed it on the inhibition layer then dry brushed off the excess as in Holly's video V3 and then one coat of top coat. They are very shiny like a foil but you can also see the sparkles when the light catches them. (Pic is on rockstar group and on the previous page to this). x

First set of rockstar fingers love them haven't done anyone elses fingers rockstar yet but love all the pics and tips on here

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313521638.016466.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313521638.016466.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 1,255
is this tropix? and what glitter is it please, its gorgeous!!
Thanks :) Yep it's tropix. I have no idea what the glitter is. It's one Ive had for years in my box of sparkles. It's coral but with irridescant too. :D

I dont find it as sparkly when its scrubbed into the sticky layer? Maybe just me and my application :-( it always is more sparkly and glittery for me if i put it into uncured product then cure.....x

I don't scrub it into the sticky layer. I tap it on then brush the excess off. Will try your way though :)

Just done my toes for the first time and i didnt use a colour lol put the glitter straight over my base:o
Learn from your mistakes i suppose, also how do you get that really glossy look after yours all look lovely and smooth mine looks a bit..... textured:)

Latest posts

Back