Rockstar toes! Post your pics too

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What colour shellac does everyone use for your base when doing gold or silver rockstars? Thanks Steph x

My glitters don't have a "sprinkler" on top either! I lay a paper towel under the foot/hand. Sprinkle the nail with glitter, press gently with my finger on the glitter to make sure it's all flat and sort of smooth. Then, I use a clean/dry acrylic brush (which I only use for this step) to brush excess glitter from the nail and around the nail. Then, I apply two coats of top coat, of course, curing between each.

Once finished, I gather all the glitter on the paper towel and funnel it back into the glitter container.

Also! I put my glitter into a small plastic container with a lid and I have dipped the cured polished nail into the glitter. This method works well also, and doesn't waste an ounce of glitter! :hug:

I've also pinched a bit of glitter with my fingers and sprinkled it on like that. That gives me more targeted application and doesn't waste too much. :)
Will try this as the method I use takes too much time I feel!

My glitters don't have a "sprinkler" on top either! I lay a paper towel under the foot/hand. Sprinkle the nail with glitter, press gently with my finger on the glitter to make sure it's all flat and sort of smooth. Then, I use a clean/dry acrylic brush (which I only use for this step) to brush excess glitter from the nail and around the nail. Then, I apply two coats of top coat, of course, curing between each.

Once finished, I gather all the glitter on the paper towel and funnel it back into the glitter container.

Also! I put my glitter into a small plastic container with a lid and I have dipped the cured polished nail into the glitter. This method works well also, and doesn't waste an ounce of glitter! :hug:

I've also pinched a bit of glitter with my fingers and sprinkled it on like that. That gives me more targeted application and doesn't waste too much. :)

You can also sprinkle from your metal pushie (using it like a small spoon) x

You can also sprinkle from your metal pushie (using it like a small spoon) x
Thats what I did! Then I used the fan shaped brush from my nail art brushes (which I never found a use for) to brush off the excess.

My first attempts at rockstars!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313839047.210526.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313839047.210526.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 500
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313839105.940692.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313839105.940692.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 470
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313839185.117908.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313839185.117908.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 505
Very nice, i like the last one. What colour glitter is it? :)

I used martha stewart glitters i mixed 2 together the black and silver ones. My sister wanted it to match the silver and black cheetah minx design that i did on her fingers.

are these Rockstar nails different to the Rockstar Gel pack u can buy from NSI?

Just picked up my new martha Stewart glitters can't wait to try them out! :) xxx

1st Rockstar toes and Fingers with nsi gels :)

Attachments

• IMGP0679.jpg
    IMGP0679.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 637
  • IMGP0681.jpg
    IMGP0681.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 503
  • IMGP0685.jpg
    IMGP0685.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 462
This is my first go at glitter fade. I used beau shellac as my base, cuz I wanted the growth line to blend a bit at the cuticle. x

Those look amazing!!!

Attachments

• my toes 30.03.11 Rock Royalty.jpg
    my toes 30.03.11 Rock Royalty.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 1,323
lyndzbelle80-albums-my+pics-picture40202-rockstar.jpg

my new gold rockstar, been waiting 2 weeks to do these :)

Heres my 1st ever attempt on rockstar nails with shellac...mine & mums! 

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1314009615.396706.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1314009615.396706.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 1,046
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1314009652.182015.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1314009652.182015.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 857
lyndzbelle80-albums-my+pics-picture40202-rockstar.jpg

my new gold rockstar, been waiting 2 weeks to do these :)

These are fab :) Gold was my first choice as soon as i got my MS glitter...infact, if this is MS then this is the exact same gold I put on my toes and every time i looked at it i smiled and chuckled to myself with joy lol! xx

I done these on my finger nails, love them :) Rockstar ROCKS ;) xx

Attachments

• IMG_0656.jpg
    IMG_0656.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 2,054
These are fab :) Gold was my first choice as soon as i got my MS glitter...infact, if this is MS then this is the exact same gold I put on my toes and every time i looked at it i smiled and chuckled to myself with joy lol! xx

thanks Jo :) no its not MS its fraulein glitter but quite nice size bits so goes on quite well

xx

thanks Jo :) no its not MS its fraulein glitter but quite nice size bits so goes on quite well

xx

Ahh well, the colour looks the same :) lovely and sparkly xx

Latest posts

Back