Rockstar toes! Post your pics too

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I done these on my finger nails, love them :) Rockstar ROCKS ;) xx

I love these! What colour did you use as your base? Are these MS glitters? X

I love these! What colour did you use as your base? Are these MS glitters? X

Thank you. I find that if you use glitter it doesnt matter what base you use so i always go for Romantique and YEP they are MS glitters the Turquoise one :D

Thank you for starting this thread I have now decided to include this as a service due to your fabby pictures. I have done a few sets to try out the different methods. Can I ask how much you charge on top of your shellac price for the rockstar nails.

Thanks Annie xx

Thank you for starting this thread I have now decided to include this as a service due to your fabby pictures. I have done a few sets to try out the different methods. Can I ask how much you charge on top of your shellac price for the rockstar nails.

Thanks Annie xx

I charge an extra £2.50
:)

LOVE ALL THE ROCKSTAR TOES!!!

I have a client who I think would love the rockstar themed nails, but she is a severe nailbiter. Im applying a fresh sit of tips using the cnd brisa system. Would I go about doing the rockstar like I would normally do a full color gel set? I would start my rockstar application after I have file,shaped and removed all shine, and scrubfreshed then I would apply shellac base coat (Cure 10 secs) then color layer (cure 2 mins) then Sparkle layer(Cure 2 Mins). Then Top coats (Cure 2 mins) then remove sticky layer with 99% iso alcohol. Would Love if I could have some advice on this!!

Thanksss

I charge an extra £5 for rockstar xxx

rockstars.jpg

My first ever proper go with gels and glitter, watched alot of videos and read alot of stuff, it did get a bit messy but was all good fun!! hehe

Here is the Glacier Blue glitter/rockstar toes from August. I still have these on and it's been 4 weeks. I'll post another next week. Feeling a little autumn color is in store next :)

Attachments

• glacier glitter toes web.jpg
    glacier glitter toes web.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 6,611
One I did last night with my Martha Stewart glitter in blueberry slush!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1314527800.952703.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1314527800.952703.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 708
How would you do this using opi soak off axxium gels?

Here's the Rockstars I did on my fingers the last 2 times. The purple/silver is new. As for the pink ones, I was taking a picture of them at the end of 2 weeks to show Shellac proof to friends and family! You can see the regrowth!

Here's my question. I'm wondering if the glitter helped them stay on longer! Because when I do my nails with just Shellac (no glitter) the ends are good and covered, but after a day or so, the ends aren't covered anymore. The polish lasts, for the most part, but I can see white ends around my free edge. I'm worried that some of my clients may pick at it if they see it and cause the polish to chip. What am I doing to cause this??

Attachments

• Rockstars2week.jpg
    Rockstars2week.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 488
  • Rockstars.jpg
    Rockstars.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 608
Here's my question. I'm wondering if the glitter helped them stay on longer!

We had Chemists that told us Glitter did have a positive affect on the length of time our formula bonded to the nail. Now I don't use Gels but the polish lasts around 6 weeks if done correctly. Without Glitter I don't always get the same results. It's my opinion and a lot of testing that glitter does do something to bond the art to the nail. I would love to pick this up on another thread title... Forum Mod..?

We had Chemists that told us Glitter did have a positive affect on the length of time our formula bonded to the nail. Now I don't use Gels but the polish lasts around 6 weeks if done correctly. Without Glitter I don't always get the same results. It's my opinion and a lot of testing that glitter does do something to bond the art to the nail. I would love to pick this up on another thread title... Forum Mod..?

Honestly, with regular polish, if it is a glitter polish, it lasts longer than your average polish. Plus, it's crazy hard to remove! So, I could only assume it would do the same if you put glitter into the Shellac!

I'm doing a set of twinkle toes on a friend for her holiday, but not sure how long they will actually last when in water every day and if the chlorine in the pool will affect the them?? :o

Anyone any advice???

Thanks,
Danielle :D

View attachment 8620

My first ever proper go with gels and glitter, watched alot of videos and read alot of stuff, it did get a bit messy but was all good fun!! hehe

That colour is fab. What did you use? X

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

How would you do this using opi soak off axxium gels?

Exactly the same as you would for other gel polish and hybrids. Either

a)sprinkle glitter on to cured sticky layer of a colour and then topcoat and cure
or
b) use a light colour sprinkle glitter on and cure, topcoat and cure

Make sure you keep a topcoat just for glitter work.

Latest posts

Back