Roller waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemma26

Reaction score
Hi everyone hope someone can help me! i done a full leg wax the other day and although the girls hairs were long her hair just didnt want to come out in some places. started using a chocolate wax with the roller system and that wouldnt take the hairs out i then moved onto pot n spatula which helped a bit but the girl still left with quite a lot of hair .
:confused::cry:

Were you covering the whole strip when rubbing?
Some people just give the strip a quick rub with their fingertips and this does not press the whole strip down onto the wax. You need to use your whole hand and give a couple of good rubs. Also if you are pulling the strip upwards rather than back on itself this will not get the hairs out.
I find if someone has really stubborn hairs then i go over with non-strip wax on those areas and this usually gets them out :)

Always stretch the skin when appying your wax (roller or spat).If you stretch the skin from above when applying, this totally flattens out that body part and the wax will go right to the base of the hair.

Always stretlch the skin when removing.

One firm rub is better than 5 gentle rubs. Rub with the flat of your hand or the heel of your hand.....not your fingers as the gaps in between your finger whilst rubbing, will leave gaps of unpressed wax.

Your wax should be nice and hot and so thin that you can barely see it. Too much wax is a waste and causes discomfort for your client.

You'll get there. xxx

Did your roller roll run very smoothly..could you whiz down the leg or was it a bit of a struggle,did you have a nice clean head on your tube.
With roller wax the head must be clean so no old build up of wax,the wax must be hot enough,it will feel almost too hot to hold the tube on its own,hold it upside down and wait till about 3 bubbles have surfaced to the top you can also roll along a strip to get the flow going.Then you apply in a smooth downward even stroke,do not overlap and do not continue if it starts to get sticky take off and get another tube.

Thanks for the replies i did stretch the skin and pulled firmly but my roller wax was very sticky and coming out quite thick and when pulling the hairs out it was very sticky roller head was clean but i usuallyuse spot an spatula so i am very new to roller waxing! I also used a tiny bit of oil is this correct or should i use talc? thanks again this site is brill:)

Latest posts

Back