Root glow advice... red...!!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottydolly

Reaction score
before i start, i havent actually done the colour yet, lookin for advice. . . the hair as it stands is coloured hair that is naturally a base 7-8 and kinda strawberry blonde. . . it is coloured warm brown to a base of 6 and has bout an inch and a half regrowth. . . . onyhoooo. . . .the end result is goin for a base 6 red . . . so
i have my colour allll chosen n stuff, and it is one of the 77/ vibrant reds from colour touch and i intend to mix it half and half with 6/0.
i know this colour will look shmexxy but im concerned bout root glow. . . do u think they will glow much cos i am mixin in the base? if so i was wondering is it possible to pre base the roots? u know same idea as pre pigging but instead of adding tone, pre adding depth? or is that jus a huge waste of time? any adivce greatly appreciated as always xxx

I'm not a hair messer but I always used to get rediculous root glow until they started to put base in with the mix, about half and half. Now I just have roots done and combed through with 6/44 and half 6/0.

oops i mistyped, LOL it isnt a 77/ its a 55/54 LOL. . . goodness know wot happened in me brain LOL x

all i can say is i had a client who was base 7, coloured to a base 6, with about an inch regrowth. picked out a 44/66 so i did half 44/66 and half 5/0 and i ended up with a 4/0 pretty much, no diff between roots and ends but no red showing at all :(

ohh so mabye jus stick the red on wit a touch of base instead of half n half? jus to ake sure it visibly red? she not wantin it screaming but not wantin a WARM BROWN lol. . .

I would do the roots with 1/3 base 2/3 target shade. On the ends just pop on your target shade, no base, a squirt of red mixtone. Its so hard to know, some will glow and some will not!

aye thats a good idea. . . thats wot i will defo do, doin it tonight so i will let ya know how it goes!! thanks for the advice peoplez!!!x

hiya
i am a natural strawberry blonde and also colour it to a 6/red, i would defo advise to put more of the base on the roots, stil with a touch of the 55/.., only from my own experience, NOTHING covers my roots other than 66/0! even then i can still get my roots glowing through.
so yes, mix 1/2 and 1/2 for the ends, and maybe 2/3 base and 1/3 red for the roots. just rub it all throught together 5 mins before its due to come off to make sure it blends. x

Latest posts

Back