Rubbish at leg waxing...help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So would you recommend the DVD over speed waxing course? I would like to do the course but my son makes it difficult to stay away from home to attend a course.

I personally don't feel it takes the place of a GOOD course. I see it as an accompaniment that you can refer back to time and again. I wouldn't be without it though. I did a very bad course and qualified but did not have enough confidence to start. I then used loris DVD AND a great 121 course specializing in male and intimate waxing to gain confidence and knowledge.

I understand, being a single mum to a 3yo myself. However I saved, found a family member to help watch my son and travelled 2000km to the course. Was WELL worth it. It totally depends on the course!

If you watch the YouTube vids on leg waxing and then the berins wax it will give you a good idea as to the quality of the instruction - pretty good I think! I don't know where you live and cannot speak fir anyone but I do know that some geeks have contacted ZoZo about berins and she has been lovely about showing them the best way to use it .

I personally don't feel it takes the place of a GOOD course. I see it as an accompaniment that you can refer back to time and again. I wouldn't be without it though. I did a very bad course and qualified but did not have enough confidence to start. I then used loris DVD AND a great 121 course specializing in male and intimate waxing to gain confidence and knowledge.

I understand, being a single mum to a 3yo myself. However I saved, found a family member to help watch my son and travelled 2000km to the course. Was WELL worth it. It totally depends on the course!

If you watch the YouTube vids on leg waxing and then the berins wax it will give you a good idea as to the quality of the instruction - pretty good I think! I don't know where you live and cannot speak fir anyone but I do know that some geeks have contacted ZoZo about berins and she has been lovely about showing them the best way to use it .
Thanks.
I have already contacted her (she is lovely) and asked her about how much she charges for intimate training.
Wow, you traveled so far! That is real dedication and I admire you for that.
I am fully qualified in waxing so I think once my business opens I'll get better and better with experience, but the intimate waxing is something I think I'd like to get taught as I honestly wouldn't know where to start! Lol.

I just watched the Kim Lawless video and 9 mins of that video I feel I have learned so much. Waxing is what I am least confident with and I'm phoning my friend as I type this so I can practice on her legs. I'm quite interested in the metal spatula used in the video. Has anybody else used them? It was drummed into me at college to only use a spatula once, never double dip so is it ok to use a metal spatula and might be a silly question but how is it for cleaning? Does the wax come off easily?
Thanks for posting this thread it's really helped me and I'm glad your leg wax went well. :) x

You can use a metal or plastic spatula but you have to follow the speed wax technique... You cant ever use the spatula on an area you have waxed in case there is any microscopic blood spotting which could get into your wax and become a hazard... Hope that makes sense..

Tbh Stacey, I would but I saw how much the DVDs were on the Berins website and I cant quite afford it just yet! She has some great and funny vids up on youtube though which I think are just brill.

Leanne X
There is a free loan scheme on the forum for the DVD and Angelina has very kindly run this scheme. If you contact Angelina she will give you the details.

There is a free loan scheme on the forum for the DVD and Angelina has very kindly run this scheme. If you contact Angelina she will give you the details.

Where abouts?

Leanne
X

Hi Leanne, I only qualified about 8months ago and am now working in my own beauty room....to start with I had a nightmare with strip waxing, particularly legs, I really started to panic as I had a couple of real messy, sticky, sweaty disasters!! I found this on You tube and it really helped....Eva's Esthetics: Berins Wax - Leg Waxing with Lori Nestore I realized that I was going at it like a bull in a china shop, rubbing away at the strip like a loon and removing much to quickly, if you watch the vid you will see she doesnt stretch at all! I now use the same tecnique and its amazing, I actually feel like I know what i am doing!!!!! Its worth a try babes!! Good luck.
tinaxx

That's really helpful, thank you. I'm not a big fan of waxing as I always get myself in a mess so will have a go at working from the top up as apossed to strips. :cool:

Hi Geeks,

I've been doing waxing for about 3 years. I love waxing everywhere apart from legs and I recently had a client that was incredibly stuck up and complained that I had hurt her and made her skin red and it really shook my confidence.

I know she was just a complete horror and of course a leg wax is going to hurt and make the skin red but it still really shot my confidence and would really love any pointers any of you may have for me!!

Thanks!
Leanne
X
I improved my waxing technique by waxing my own legs - this way I could fee how my technique felt and could adjust accordingly - really improved and after that loved leg waxing! I do all my own waxing now, even my underarms.

yeah i had this problem too untill a year ago took myself back to basics with a trusted colleague of mine in work and i havent looked back since n i used to dread doing them coz it used to take me ages n i would b dead messy etc now its no problem canddo full legs within 40mins no problem the key is all in the method and the technique to be truthfull make sure your always positioning the legs i usual towels as supports for this and i divide the front of each leg into 3 parts outside middle and inside and i work from the bottom to the top of the leg on each part making sure the skin is held taunt and supported with one hand and that my other hand is firmly pushing on top of the wax strip NOT RUBBING as this creates friction on the skin making it more painful for client and any air trapped between strip and skin isnt removed meaning the strip cant remove hair efficently and more chance of it sticking to the skin hope this helps ;)

Well you shouldn't be rubbish at leg waxing as a beauty therapist but if it's a weakness using a spatula,there is no shame in using a different method of application and getting yourself a roller system.If you want to use Perron right they do a roller but there ar also many others and if you don't like their wax then top up the cartridges with one you do like.

Latest posts

Back