Rubbish at leg waxing...help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbrown332

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I've been doing waxing for about 3 years. I love waxing everywhere apart from legs and I recently had a client that was incredibly stuck up and complained that I had hurt her and made her skin red and it really shook my confidence.

I know she was just a complete horror and of course a leg wax is going to hurt and make the skin red but it still really shot my confidence and would really love any pointers any of you may have for me!!

Thanks!
Leanne
X

I too hate legs purely because it takes ages lots of moving around etc

Are you pulling the skin taught enough?

Perhaps she was just one of those clients???

Have you had any other complaints?

Pulling the skin plenty taught enough, never had any other complaints but I know I'm not very confident with it and my technique isn't amazing.

I got one bit of wax on this womans leg where she didn't want waxed and she proper kicked off and treated me like a little kid thats been drawing on her mums favourite walls or something! I felt soooo guilty about it though!

I know she was one of those clients but it still shot me.

X

I love waxing too, and I love it even more now I have bought Berins Ease. 1/2 leg takes no time at all. Use jasmine oil first, coat leg with wax then strip it off. Easy and very little discomfort.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Thanks hun, I will deffo look into it! Seems to be some good words about it! Thanks! X

Hi Leanne, I only qualified about 8months ago and am now working in my own beauty room....to start with I had a nightmare with strip waxing, particularly legs, I really started to panic as I had a couple of real messy, sticky, sweaty disasters!! I found this on You tube and it really helped....Eva's Esthetics: Berins Wax - Leg Waxing with Lori Nestore I realized that I was going at it like a bull in a china shop, rubbing away at the strip like a loon and removing much to quickly, if you watch the vid you will see she doesnt stretch at all! I now use the same tecnique and its amazing, I actually feel like I know what i am doing!!!!! Its worth a try babes!! Good luck.
tinaxx

Phd waxing system from ellisons? Cost 99 inc wax best thing I ever bought. Wax goes on really thin comes off a treat & I can do a full leg wax in 30 mins now? I also got free training? It beats a spatula any day! I think they do a small one for 30

You shouldn't need to be moving around lots during a leg wax. Make sure that your trolly is positioned conveniently enough that you don't need to go on a hike everytime you need to load your spatula.
15/20 mins max mins for a half leg wax is probably standard salon timings and you will get better with practice.

You don't need to be rubbing that strip more than just once (firmly) it just wastes time, increasing your service time and serves no purpose.

If yo are interestedYou can get hold of a copy of Lori Nestore's dvd from Zo Zo on here.

Hi Leanne,

I found the youtube with Kim Lawless doing a leg wax really helpful when I was just first waxing. Here is a link to the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqEuSyoDWw4

I agree with the others that the use of a pre wax oil makes a huge difference.

Hope you find this helpful and dont let one client shatter your confidence

Good luck Jack

To the OP-

I am the distributor of Berins in the UK and only half an hour away from you so if you would like to pop along for some complimentary trouble-shooting and to try out Ease, please just get in touch. My phone number is on Welcome to Berins Wax

A full leg wax is often the least favourite treatment on the waxing menu, but a good quality wax and a methodical approach can really help. Ease is a very oily wax, therefore very kind to the skin, and leaves the skin in beautiful condition.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks for all the tips guys, it was drummed into me at college to always be near your wax pot so its mainly attached to my side now! I don't tend to need to move around lots during the treatment. I'm deffo going to have a look into Berins as I find it difficult to spread creme wax thinly enough on legs!

Zo zo, that's so nice of you, I'll definately get in touch, any help is better than sitting and stressing!

Also, if any of you have any tips for managing really awkward clients that would be a great help too as I'm really not good at dealing with them at all! I just kinda freeze up and can't think!

Thanks again all
Leanne
X

Thanks for all the tips guys, it was drummed into me at college to always be near your wax pot so its mainly attached to my side now! I don't tend to need to move around lots during the treatment. I'm deffo going to have a look into Berins as I find it difficult to spread creme wax thinly enough on legs!

Zo zo, that's so nice of you, I'll definately get in touch, any help is better than sitting and stressing!

Also, if any of you have any tips for managing really awkward clients that would be a great help too as I'm really not good at dealing with them at all! I just kinda freeze up and can't think!

Thanks again all
Leanne
X

We can definately talk about dealing with awkward clients x

To the OP-

I am the distributor of Berins in the UK and only half an hour away from you so if you would like to pop along for some complimentary trouble-shooting and to try out Ease, please just get in touch. My phone number is on Welcome to Berins Wax

A full leg wax is often the least favourite treatment on the waxing menu, but a good quality wax and a methodical approach can really help. Ease is a very oily wax, therefore very kind to the skin, and leaves the skin in beautiful condition.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Hi Zo Zo. Tried to private message you but you've exceeded your message quota apparently! Xx

Hi Leanne, I only qualified about 8months ago and am now working in my own beauty room....to start with I had a nightmare with strip waxing, particularly legs, I really started to panic as I had a couple of real messy, sticky, sweaty disasters!! I found this on You tube and it really helped....Eva's Esthetics: Berins Wax - Leg Waxing with Lori Nestore I realized that I was going at it like a bull in a china shop, rubbing away at the strip like a loon and removing much to quickly, if you watch the vid you will see she doesnt stretch at all! I now use the same tecnique and its amazing, I actually feel like I know what i am doing!!!!! Its worth a try babes!! Good luck.
tinaxx

Hi MisstyB. Do you use the Berrins wax from the video to use this technique? Or does it work with other brands? Thanks for the guide to the you tube video - really helpful! Xx

Hi MisstyB. Do you use the Berrins wax from the video to use this technique? Or does it work with other brands? Thanks for the guide to the you tube video - really helpful! Xx

Wendynailedit - I'll sort out my inbox in a mo. But just wanted to add my two penneth about Lori Nestore's speed waxing technique. Berins Ease is a very oily creme wax which lends itself particularly well to speed waxing. The reason being, it doesn't dry out and stick to the skin. Therefore you can apply to large areas in one go before beginning to remove. And that really does save time.

Wendynailedit - I'll sort out my inbox in a mo. But just wanted to add my two penneth about Lori Nestore's speed waxing technique. Berins Ease is a very oily creme wax which lends itself particularly well to speed waxing. The reason being, it doesn't dry out and stick to the skin. Therefore you can apply to large areas in one go before beginning to remove. And that really does save time.

Thanks for clarifying Zo Zo. I assumed it must be different, as the consistency appeared to be much less sticky. I'd be very interested in trying this wax...I'll message you later. Thank you xx

Wendy - I'm going to go and see Zo Zo too so I can have a play with the Berins Ease :) I've used the blue wax for bikini etc and I love that... hoping the Ease is as good and if it is I'm SO changing! :D

Replying to save this useful thread.

Anyone else is welcome, not just Tinxy, I just offered Tinxy because she is not too far away but I am happy to help anyone with trouble-shooting and / or product demo.

Hi no I use Lycon at the moment, but am going to change to Perron Rigot as I after reading lots of threads on here that has come out top, I believe that Berins is also good...I am in Spain and not sure if I can get Berins here easily.
Did you try it yet? I did another today and it just makes waxing so mess free.
Let me know how you get on
tinax

Latest posts

Back