Rude people!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got a message this morning saying "my friend told me she booked me an appointment, and I can't make that time sorry" they are related to very close friends which makes it difficult! I'n reality if they couldn't make those times they should book I'n for another, it's more likely that someone has undercut my price, I don't think £15 each for a fakebake is expensive! Fortunately I can fill the space, but really don't get some people!

I finally got a message this morning saying "my friend told me she booked me an appointment, and I can't make that time sorry" they are related to very close friends which makes it difficult! I'n reality if they couldn't make those times they should book I'n for another, it's more likely that someone has undercut my price, I don't think £15 each for a fakebake is expensive! Fortunately I can fill the space, but really don't get some people!

Fake bake for £15?! I'd be your best client for life! x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

I know it's so cheap not making anything on it really! Normally it's £20 but there is a salon up the road offering a toe polish and st tropez for £22! So I had to compete! Plus they were family of close friends! Both cancelled now anyway! X

Clients like this always do cancel or never end up making an appointment or don't show up!!
Their loss! x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

I've just had another lovely client phone up. New client who'd seen my website (that will be the one with all appointments/prices etc on!) and precedes to ask me if I do x, y and z and what do they all cost, lengths of treatments etc (again, all on my website). Anyway, I go through what he wants to know because he's buying it for his mum's birthday and maybe he's not used to booking treatments. He decides on three treatments and wants to book the appointments now so the times can be sent with the gift vouchers. Oh yes, and he wants all treatments together! So, that's four and a half hours ... my next slot that length is at the end of July. He's goes mad at me that there's nothing on Friday (her birthday) or Saturday. Then asks me to cancel appointments I've got booked in so his mum can come instead!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

He's going to phone me up later when he's decided what to do!

I've just had another lovely client phone up. New client who'd seen my website (that will be the one with all appointments/prices etc on!) and precedes to ask me if I do x, y and z and what do they all cost, lengths of treatments etc (again, all on my website). Anyway, I go through what he wants to know because he's buying it for his mum's birthday and maybe he's not used to booking treatments. He decides on three treatments and wants to book the appointments now so the times can be sent with the gift vouchers. Oh yes, and he wants all treatments together! So, that's four and a half hours ... my next slot that length is at the end of July. He's goes mad at me that there's nothing on Friday (her birthday) or Saturday. Then asks me to cancel appointments I've got booked in so his mum can come instead!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

He's going to phone me up later when he's decided what to do!

Why do people expect you to cancel other clients appointments? I always say would you like it if I cancelled yours or kept you waiting?...they soon ''get it'' :rolleyes:

Why do people expect you to cancel other clients appointments? I always say would you like it if I cancelled yours or kept you waiting?...they soon ''get it'' :rolleyes:

Well, apparently I'm 'out of order' and 'not encouraging new people to book with me'.

I must have got this business milarky all wrong....apparently it's ok to mess your regulars around because they'll come back anyway. Silly me:rolleyes:!

My sister and I have just set up a mini salon, looks like we have alot to look forward to lol it's a good thing it's my sister that books the appointments, I'm way too soft!
I'm definitely going to take our address off now and make sure it's appointments only no walk ins!

Well, apparently I'm 'out of order' and 'not encouraging new people to book with me'.

I must have got this business milarky all wrong....apparently it's ok to mess your regulars around because they'll come back anyway. Silly me:rolleyes:!

Never mind, love, your appointment book is full!

Never mind, love, your appointment book is full!

:lol: Yip, despite me getting it soooo wrong!

He phoned back and booked one appointment saying that if his mum liked it she'd stay on for two more! :rolleyes:

My salon has a client, a bit of a DIVA, who is notorious for showing up, posse in tow, an average of 30 minutes late for whatever treatment she is having. When she'd end up in the Nail Spa to be serviced by one of the other nail professionals, who are 20 and 22 years old respectively, she'd force them to run behind because of her tardiness. I, on the other hand, am a completely different story. I'm 50 and I WILL NOT BE BULLIED. With the most lovely and genuine smile on my face, "So, you're 30 minutes late for a one hour appointment? I will give you the option of a 30 minute service or no service at all. I will not, however, give you the option of inconveniencing my clients scheduled after you who were able to make it here by their scheduled time." She avoids me like the plague. LOL

:lol: Yip, despite me getting it soooo wrong!

He phoned back and booked one appointment saying that if his mum liked it she'd stay on for two more! :rolleyes:

Aaaaarrrgghh! Well, you're gonna have to get them used to operating by 'your' rules!

My salon has a client, a bit of a DIVA, who is notorious for showing up, posse in tow, an average of 30 minutes late for whatever treatment she is having. When she'd end up in the Nail Spa to be serviced by one of the other nail professionals, who are 20 and 22 years old respectively, she'd force them to run behind because of her tardiness. I, on the other hand, am a completely different story. I'm 50 and I WILL NOT BE BULLIED. With the most lovely and genuine smile on my face, "So, you're 30 minutes late for a one hour appointment? I will give you the option of a 30 minute service or no service at all. I will not, however, give you the option of inconveniencing my clients scheduled after you who were able to make it here by their scheduled time." She avoids me like the plague. LOL

I really LOVE that and I will adopt that statement!

re the original facebook thing, sadly, I think it's the ear we're in, lazy text speak etc. As a newbie, I've found all this really interesting, and I think I'll adopt the appointments only made over the phone approach and follow up with an email confirming time, date, service and cost using an email template with a missed appointments will result in a charge. Getting the money from they will be a different story but hopefully it will deter no-shows. A friend who has a hair salon has had 3 no-shows on Saturdays for a few weeks running now and has turned brides away because she is fullybooked. She suspects a salon up the road are taking the proverbial. Why can't people be nice and realise we all have to make a living, and we all need rest/sleep/me time!

Latest posts

Back