Rude people!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand your frustration regarding preparing a price list and them not even looking at it.:irked:

I think it boggles me further when they want to know how much it will cost, but they can't tell you what they want first?
That's like going to the restaurant and wanting to know how much dinner will cost, but you haven't chosen between the club sandwhich or the fillet mignon?
Makes me crazy, when I point out that they have to choose what they want first (especially since I have 3 systems PLUS Shellac, PLUS different kinds of art........) before I can answer their question, and they STILL don't make a decision but want a price.:grr:

Small toe nails!!! I love that! I keep popping back on here to read the stories.

I had a good one today. I've just had a phone call off a client who buys a gift voucher once every few months. One week she needed a gift voucher urgently and I was going out so I said i'd happily leave the gift voucher hidden under a plant pot outside - not very professional but it worked fine. Anyway, this morning she phoned me up and said 'my gift voucher isn't where it should be'. I asked her to explain and, apparently, late last night she put the money for a voucher under the plant pot and when she looked this morning the money was still there and her voucher wasn't. I'm obviously not paying the gift voucher fairies enough to tell me when there's money under the plant pot!!!

I had two ladies for shellac this morning, one is about 4ft11 a size 6 with tiny fingers, the other 5ft10 with large hands (like me!) I wouldn't dream of charging either of them separate prices, and neither of them would ask! I still can't believe the toes comment! Lol x

I have similar clients! Ones who only want an inch off so will it be cheaper? Uh no, inch or two inches I still have to cut the hair, so I am not changing the prices for you. And people who get irate because if skin testing. I'm sorry, just because they believe they'll be fine, I'm not risking my business and their heads on it!

Thanks geeks you have made me smile.
Victoria we have the title to your book. It's: '99% are lovely'.
Nothing to do with beauty, but years ago I was a Service Co-ordinator for a Canadian company, my patch was supposed to be Europe, that being where I was based but they dicided that anything out side of Canada, USA and Australia was mine. I had a home office, one night/morning I was woken by the phone and in my half asleep state actually answered it before I realised it was the work line. Woman on the other end said, the type setter has stoped working:eek: I managed to focus on the clock, it was 3am:irked:
So I asked her did she know what time it was, I got back, eeerrrrm.
I said it's 3am. Silence, then she wispered, sorry, I'll call back later and quietly put the phone down.:)
In this business when I first started I had a lot of no shows, right up until I insisted on a £5 deposit, not only did it stop the no shows but it also helped me to book repeat appointments by saying it's £xxx or would you like to carry your deposit through to your next appointment.

I have similar clients! Ones who only want an inch off so will it be cheaper? Uh no, inch or two inches I still have to cut the hair, so I am not changing the prices for you. And people who get irate because if skin testing. I'm sorry, just because they believe they'll be fine, I'm not risking my business and their heads on it!

I have a client who comes in and uses words like "init" ain't f this f that when her mobile rings. She's a real heavy smoker and stinks to high heaven. She got real short hair but always wants foils not cap which makes it a little harder work, cut to the chase when it came to paying she said she couldn't pay for the service due to her family credit not coming through. I really was in predicament due to her other 3 daughters standing there looking rough as nuts. I had to say to her that I'd invoice her and send the bill to her home address and that she had to pay ASAP. What a nerve eh!

I have a client who comes in and uses words like "init" ain't f this f that when her mobile rings. She's a real heavy smoker and stinks to high heaven. She got real short hair but always wants foils not cap which makes it a little harder work, cut to the chase when it came to paying she said she couldn't pay for the service due to her family credit not coming through. I really was in predicament due to her other 3 daughters standing there looking rough as nuts. I had to say to her that I'd invoice her and send the bill to her home address and that she had to pay ASAP. What a nerve eh!
That's just reminded me, hands up who's had a client in who after they leave you can still smell the fags and realise it's on your file inspite of hand sanatiser and scrub fresh:irked:

That's just reminded me, hands up who's had a client in who after they leave you can still smell the fags and realise it's on your file inspite of hand sanatiser and scrub fresh:irked:

Now I have a smoking cape and it stinks because I resent having to put a luxury cape on. If you smoke you stink is my moto lol

Now I have a smoking cape and it stinks because I resent having to put a luxury cape on. If you smoke you stink is my moto lol
Good idea...I hate clients that come in and you don't want to breathe because the smoke on them is that strong it burns your nose hairs :eek:

i had someone phone wanting minx next week, but on the phone i explained i was going away for easter so was trying to wind the appts down by tues at the latest as i had loads to do before i went away - she said "oh i really wanted them for the weekend but cant come begining of the week" .. she was pleading with so much i mentally juggled a few jobs around in my head and told her i could squeeze her in fri or sat but at specific time slots and she actually tutted and said i cant do those days, what about weds .. arghhh, obviously i dont have a life just have to be there at her disposal!

Back to original post, I don't class that as rude, just that they should maybe request that time frame initially. It happens to me all the time, I'm looking for an appointment in a few weeks time, the end of the month, before my birthday.... when have you got? Ok well is there any particular day that you want or do you want morning, afternoon or evening and I'll tell you what I have available?

There is the odd time that someone will text asking for an appointment and I reply but then don't hear from them for 2 days ha ha, that I find hilarious especially when they don't realise the appointment I offered them is no longer available.

I think clients sometimes expect you to be very open to their wishes, pop them in at the end of the clinic session/working day even though you've just worked 10 hours straight some days.

They're just keeping us all on our toes lol x

I think it's rude that people think you have all the time in the world to a*se around with silly emails knowing at the end they won't even book an appointment.

I only have all the time in the works for polite people that don't expect me to drop my life for them! x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

I love this post !! It is so annoying I agree just wastes your time .. There is one regular comes on at least 20 minutes late for her appointment everytime and ALWAYS seems to make up some mad excuse about car running out of petrol or no where to park ( we have several car parks close to town which always have free spaces) then she sits down at reception I'm like would you like to come through and straight away can I have a coffee and shell sit at reception reluctantly making the effort to come through for her treatment . So in the book I always book her in half an hour later than what I've told her . There's nothing worse than running late all day onto next clients :( :( grrrrrrrr lol !!!! Xx

I have a client like that too! Always 20 min late then dilly dallies in stops, sits down and gets 5 magazines, then finally strolls up and proceeds to eat and drink during the entire appointment! One time I had her early in the morning but another client needed to get in for a quick repair. The late client was coming in at 9 so I told the repair client to come at 9 as well figuring I would have at least 20 minutes.... Wouldn't you know it she (the late client) came in 5 minutes early! Hahaha! That was the one and only time she ever came on time! Jeeze!

Thanks geeks you have made me smile.
Victoria we have the title to your book. It's: '99% are lovely'.

LOVE IT:!::!::!:

LOL xoxox

Just had another said to her the only 2 slots I have left this week & she replys ' are you sure that's all you available this week' !! & giving me a look to say you can't be that booked up!!

Oh lucyboo ... That made me chuckle ... Aren't clients hilarious sometimes! I've had 3 clients text me today for 6pm on fri or sat morning ... Prime time! The first appointments to get booked up lol :lol:

Just had another said to her the only 2 slots I have left this week & she replys ' are you sure that's all you available this week' !! & giving me a look to say you can't be that booked up!!

If I had a quarter for every time THAT happened LOL

Oh lucyboo ... That made me chuckle ... Aren't clients hilarious sometimes! I've had 3 clients text me today for 6pm on fri or sat morning ... Prime time! The first appointments to get booked up lol :lol:

EXACTLY!! My evening slots are the first to go, and FAST and people always think I'm lying or maybe I'm just confused because it simply can't be possible that no night spots are left.
Then they ask "can't you add another night?":eek:

So, then I ask them "how many hours a week are you at work NOT including lunch?" and they usually answer "35". That's when I reply " I have 44hrs per week of appointment time, not including lunch AND not including laundry/accounting/paperwork/disinfecting implements........."
Either A) they'll look sheepish and chuckle or B) they'll answer "so what's one more night?" :rolleyes:

ON THE BRIGHT side, it's GREAT to be in demand AND busy. On the downside.... I gotta wonder where people's minds are at sometimes lol

I gotta wonder where people's minds are at sometimes lol
Sometimes I wonder if they have one....because obviously we have nothing better to do all day but wait by the phone for them to ring...:rolleyes:

I had a booking for two friends to have a tan at 6pm (discounted as they are coming together) on fri for weeks now! Busiest time for me! Today I get a text from 1 saying she can't make it as a nail appointment has been brought forward etc so I say I can fit u I'n thurs, can't make that either, that's ok but when I ask if her friend is still wanting to come as I'm turning away clients that want that time, she says I've given her ur number and told her to call u! And mentioned something about her friend wanting earlier that day, I've already said I'm busy earlier! Still no call from this girl! Grrrr!!

I had a booking for two friends to have a tan at 6pm (discounted as they are coming together) on fri for weeks now! Busiest time for me! Today I get a text from 1 saying she can't make it as a nail appointment has been brought forward etc so I say I can fit u I'n thurs, can't make that either, that's ok but when I ask if her friend is still wanting to come as I'm turning away clients that want that time, she says I've given her ur number and told her to call u! And mentioned something about her friend wanting earlier that day, I've already said I'm busy earlier! Still no call from this girl! Grrrr!!

If it was me Id be calling her back and telling her I have to cancel the appointment if I don't have confirmation before the end of the day tomorrow. Some people really do take liberties!

Latest posts

Back