Rude people!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my god that would on annoy me soo much!!
I had a client wire on my fb wall "where's ya shop" and that was it?!
I was like how the hell do I reply to that.

I hate hate hate no shows/last minute cancellations!!
I use my iPad to keep all client contacts and now put BL next to the names of people that do this so they are black listed!!
Meaning if I am working in the salon I tell them they can show up and see if I'm free!! x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

well on Friday i had 4! no shows and had said to so many clients i couldn't fit them in i phoned all 4 of them only 1 answered she said she forgot the other 3 did even have the manners to answers there phone i had an other client text me on sunday mothers day at 9pm for an appointment for saturday HELLOOOOOO do they think we dont have a life outside work

Oh my god that would on annoy me soo much!!
I had a client wire on my fb wall "where's ya shop" and that was it?!
I was like how the hell do I reply to that.

I hate hate hate no shows/last minute cancellations!!
I use my iPad to keep all client contacts and now put BL next to the names of people that do this so they are black listed!!
Meaning if I am working in the salon I tell them they can show up and see if I'm free!! x

This is such a good idea! That way if u don't have anything else booked in you can still do an appointment at the minute she walks through the door but she doesn't stop u taking other bookings if she doesn't show up. Very well thought out :)

you don't half attract all the weirdos!! LOL so glad i'm not using whatever shampoo you are! x

omg, you don't know the HALF of it!!

I had a client that called to confirm her appointment. She then asked if she could come by an hour earlier. I said "no, I'm not available before 6pm. I'm closed between 3 and 6pm (I work 9am to 3pm, then 6 to 10pm on three days of the week. Fetch kids from bus, do homework & dinner). She says "well I finish earlier tomorrow, I just thought I'd save you some time" So I repeated "no, I can't take you earlier than 6, I'm sorry" (I've had SEVERAL conversations with this woman about my schedule as she is CONSTANTLY trying to come when I'm not open)

Usually, I leave my door unlocked. My mom suggested I lock it (I had called her to rant a bit). So, I locked it.
At 5:55, I unlocked it. 60secs later, she walks in.
First thing she says to me "I came by earlier but couldn't get in"
I looked her straight in the face and said "Because, as I told you, I am closed between 3 & 6pm so that I can fetch my children and feed them dinner. I NEVER work between 3 & 6".
She answers "Oh, I wondered when you ate"
:grr:

I should write a book. I have all sorts of silly stories....(like when a client groped my boobs LMFAO)
I would change my shampoo BUT since I change every 2 bottles..... me thinks that's not the root of my problem :lol:

I love this post !! It is so annoying I agree just wastes your time .. There is one regular comes on at least 20 minutes late for her appointment everytime and ALWAYS seems to make up some mad excuse about car running out of petrol or no where to park ( we have several car parks close to town which always have free spaces) then she sits down at reception I'm like would you like to come through and straight away can I have a coffee and shell sit at reception reluctantly making the effort to come through for her treatment . So in the book I always book her in half an hour later than what I've told her . There's nothing worse than running late all day onto next clients :( :( grrrrrrrr lol !!!! Xx

Brilliant thread and nice to know i'm not alone.

I had one client who phoned and asked for a 930pm appointment. I explained the last appointment on the day she wanted was 6pm so she took that. On the day she turned up at 10pm and as my clinic is homebased I answered the door not even thinking it would be her. She was really annoyed that I wouldn't do her treatment. The same lady was constantly turning up an hour late, changing her appointment etc but it came to a head when she turned up on the wrong day - my son's birthday - and got stroppy when I told her she had the wrong day. She later phoned me and told me i'd made her feel very uncomfortable and was I that disorganised with every client and could she make another apointment. I politely told her that I felt our client/therapist relationship wasn't working. I'd put up with her for 2 years - why that long???

I remember when she first became my client she told me how awful her previous therapists had been! I'm guessing she's now telling her new therapist the same thing about me.

The stories we could all tell. Luckily, I can honestly say that 99% of my clients are lovely!

Brilliant thread and nice to know i'm not alone.

I had one client who phoned and asked for a 930pm appointment. I explained the last appointment on the day she wanted was 6pm so she took that. On the day she turned up at 10pm and as my clinic is homebased I answered the door not even thinking it would be her. She was really annoyed that I wouldn't do her treatment. The same lady was constantly turning up an hour late, changing her appointment etc but it came to a head when she turned up on the wrong day - my son's birthday - and got stroppy when I told her she had the wrong day. She later phoned me and told me i'd made her feel very uncomfortable and was I that disorganised with every client and could she make another apointment. I politely told her that I felt our client/therapist relationship wasn't working. I'd put up with her for 2 years - why that long???

I remember when she first became my client she told me how awful her previous therapists had been! I'm guessing she's now telling her new therapist the same thing about me.

The stories we could all tell. Luckily, I can honestly say that 99% of my clients are lovely!

Oh! that's worse than the one that woke me at 7am on my day off (she was annoyed that I wouldn't get out of bed to look at my agenda for her :eek:) I wouldn't be pleased if someone showed up at 10, that's for certain.

Yup, 99% are absolute LOVES and make me smile and laugh every day. I thoroughly enjoy their company and this job is certainly like none other I've ever had.

omg, you don't know the HALF of it!!

I had a client that called to confirm her appointment. She then asked if she could come by an hour earlier. I said "no, I'm not available before 6pm. I'm closed between 3 and 6pm (I work 9am to 3pm, then 6 to 10pm on three days of the week. Fetch kids from bus, do homework & dinner). She says "well I finish earlier tomorrow, I just thought I'd save you some time" So I repeated "no, I can't take you earlier than 6, I'm sorry" (I've had SEVERAL conversations with this woman about my schedule as she is CONSTANTLY trying to come when I'm not open)

Usually, I leave my door unlocked. My mom suggested I lock it (I had called her to rant a bit). So, I locked it.
At 5:55, I unlocked it. 60secs later, she walks in.
First thing she says to me "I came by earlier but couldn't get in"
I looked her straight in the face and said "Because, as I told you, I am closed between 3 & 6pm so that I can fetch my children and feed them dinner. I NEVER work between 3 & 6".
She answers "Oh, I wondered when you ate"
:grr:

I should write a book. I have all sorts of silly stories....(like when a client groped my boobs LMFAO)
I would change my shampoo BUT since I change every 2 bottles..... me thinks that's not the root of my problem :lol:
I have the knack of turning up early NEVER intentional but at one appointment i got my time wrong and turned up an hour early! I blame my kids giving me baby brain lol
sazza x

I have the knack of turning up early NEVER intentional but at one appointment i got my time wrong and turned up an hour early! I blame my kids giving me baby brain lol
sazza x

Fine is early. We can never gauge traffic 100%. That's alright. I have a small handful that live over 30min drive away and they can never time it perfectly and when they arrive early, they are quite content to sit quietly and wait. I truly don't mind. It's very convenient at times when I'm ahead of the clock.

BUT when you tell someone that you're not available and they deliberately try to force the issue, that is UP AND UP RUDE!
AND when they are 30min early, angrily tapping their foot because you're not ready for them... those are the sorts I haven't any patience for.

My partner has a long term friend and she thinks she owns my diary. She'll have a 1.30 appointment then text saying "if your not doing anything this morning you can do my hair instead of 1.30" honestly as if I have nothing to do every morning, I don't get time to breath let alone custom make my diary for her. Freckin nightmare really bugs me. Rant over, thanks I feel better now I got that of my chest

Thanks nixnewcastle :) I just havnt got the patience for people so they go straight to the book aha xx

Oh my god the girl that was the reason I started this thread (wanting an apointment from 4-5 but couldn't do 4) :/
Emailed me today while I was at the salon saying actually she will come in at half 4... I then said that was fine and the reply I got was
"can't you do any earlier"

Whaaaatttt?!?!?!?
I was very blunt and actually said I'd offered to see her at 4 last night and she turned it down and now I have a client then!!

Needless to say the time waster didn't even book an appointment x

The best one 4 me has to b, when I was about 14wk preg & started telling clients, one asked me if I was getting rid of it!! I was like erm no!!!!. Agree with all of the above, late clients, il av a cupa but not to hot???? Seeing them in super markets & asking you can u fit them in such a time, it being almost against the law that u should go on holiday! Lol

Its sooo great to know i'm not alone!

My pet hate is when people phone after looking at my website and ask how much I charge for a particular (usually hair extensions) treatment. I spent HOURS! listing all my services and prices on that website - then when i give them a price they say "oh thats more than I wanted to pay - do you have any cheaper." After giving my talk on how decent quality hair costs decent amounts of money they still try to get a cheaper price - as if I make my prices up as I go along!.

Now I just refer them to one of the local "cheap" salons knowing full well that within a couple of weeks they will return to me after sampling the "cheaper" hair :lol:

Ok rant over, that feels so much better!

I have psoted this before but my fav of all time is:
'how much is minx?' It's £20 oh ok. Well my toes are really small. So how much is it for me?
ME looking totally shocked replied £20. Looked at her toes to find they were normal people toes lmao
I don't charge a larger lady more than a size 8 for a spray tan, so whether your toes are smaller than average,which they are not and I have seen millions of toes the price is £20.
God loves a tryer haha

Thankssss for this post ! It's had me smiling today at everyones comments ! Lol the best is ' I've lost my appointment card forgot the time ' end of treatment would u like me to write your appointment on a card ? Client replies I have already got one you can write it on that !!!! WHATTTT ? Hmmmm though u lost it I think to myself .. Makes me giggle xx

I had a client turn up late for her 30 min slot she arrived after it was finished I have been very lenient in the past when I said sorry I can't fit you in now I tried to call your mobile number she said well I don't take it out with me!!! ?????? Lol then I said well I'm sorry but you missed your slot I have someone else in shortly she actually said well you have to understand o have a child (who is 13 years old!!!! ????) lol I said yes so do I and I also have a business to run and other clients! Some people are so rude so glad she is no longer a client as I have now moved location

Some people are rude I understand the yes o have all day but can I do xyz as I have a child too and lots to do on days off but grrrrrrrr!!!

Divine locks- it infuriates me when after looking at my website or being given the address/business card and being told treatments & prices are on there they STILL ask "what do you do" WTH!? Or how much something is! I built my website because funnily enough I didn't want to explain every single thing to every single client!!

Bonkers- lol 13!? I'm not sure if I would of wet myself laughing or ripped my hair out screaming!!

What the hell is small toenails about lol i can not believe people have the guts to ask these questions?!
x

When someone asks for an appointment I always ask whens the best time and date for them! Usually works.good

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

I don't reply to these people. They usually cancel anyway!

My pet hate is when people phone after looking at my website and ask how much I charge for a particular (usually hair extensions) treatment. I spent HOURS! listing all my services and prices on that website - then when i give them a price they say "oh thats more than I wanted to pay - do you have any cheaper."

I have a listing on a natural therapies website which is like a one page website - not hard to navigate just being one page. It lists everything I do and prices. Then they click the link to email me....to ask me my prices :irked:.... I think sometimes they ask you just in case you'll tell them a cheaper price. I've also found these people never book an appointment.

Latest posts

Back