Rude people!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lou x

Reaction score
Make me so angry!!!
I hate using facebook but I get a lot of clients from it but it really grinds on me when.. I don't even know where to start! Example-
Just now I have had somebody messaging me back and forth about lash extensions and tanning (I have deals on tomorrow)
She decided on lashes.
She says-
"what times u got"
Then I tell her a couple times throughout the day I can fit her in...

The reply- "needs to be between 4-5"
Erm why the hell ask me then???
Then I say it will have to be dead on four and this was the exact rely I got.

"Naaa will have to be lata"
Erm no I can't fit you in SNM.

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Make me so angry!!!
I hate using facebook but I get a lot of clients from it but it really grinds on me when.. I don't even know where to start! Example-
Just now I have had somebody messaging me back and forth about lash extensions and tanning (I have deals on tomorrow)
She decided on lashes.
She says-
"what times u got"
Then I tell her a couple times throughout the day I can fit her in...

The reply- "needs to be between 4-5"
Erm why the hell ask me then???
Then I say it will have to be dead on four and this was the exact rely I got.

"Naaa will have to be lata"
Erm no I can't fit you in SNM.

maybe its an Essex thing as Iv just blogged about this lol :hug:

I have an angry blog that clients can't know about aswell haha x
I truly think it might well be my area!!
Can't wait to get away! x

omg i hold my hands up! i'm one of them kinds of clients! i can do between such and such a time but it has to be this exact time LOL i can't help it i work my life out around my bfs work/my grandads work/school runs/childcare so i know when i'm free... it just might take me a bit of time to get there that i don't account for until i actually say it out loud and remember that i have to drive from places/to places kwim? haha x

omg i hold my hands up! i'm one of them kinds of clients! i can do between such and such a time but it has to be this exact time LOL i can't help it i work my life out around my bfs work/my grandads work/school runs/childcare so i know when i'm free... it just might take me a bit of time to get there that i don't account for until i actually say it out loud and remember that i have to drive from places/to places kwim? haha x

Well you are Miss Confused after all :lol:

This really grinds my gears to seriously.. Or clients who want an exact time you give it to them and there an hour late it has happened only once so i hope it doesnt happen again.

Miss confused! I love that your admitting this on a thread where we are all going crazy haha :)

And I got another email from her saying "are the deals just on tomorrow" when I said yes I got...

"that suckkksss!!!!!!"

lol by the sounds of it I'm actually hoping she doesn't book an appointment...
If there is one thing I hate is bad grammar especially when your talking to someone proffessional!!

I wouldn't ring the dentist or book a room at a hotel and talk like a chav so why do people do it with us!! x
Can you imagine ringing premier inn telling them they suck cause the deals aren't on when you want them to be?? x

old people r the worst for this!!! i work next attached to a salon an on oap days its more like a residential home!

they as u when u can fit them in - oh no i cant do that

well what time can you come in?

oh anytime im free all day!

ok what about x time?

oh no i cant do that!!

arrrrrrrrrrrgh! (still love my oldies tho! lota laughs!)

I just realized that I am the same :) When I am calling up to get an appointment /on my days off/ - I normally say "anytime is good for me"
they say "how about 10 am?" I say " oh could it be a bit later" ,as I like to have a lie in on days off :)
How funny, honestly I never realized that I have been doing the same thing!

Oh bless them I think I'd be a bit more lenient (if that is how you spell it) with old people!
But everything gets frustrating after a while, I love kids but they come up to my lashes and keep BLOWING THEM EVERYWHERE and the mum does NOTHING it can drive me a teeny bit insane! x

I just realized that I am the same :) When I am calling up to get an appointment /on my days off/ - I normally say "anytime is good for me"
they say "how about 10 am?" I say " oh could it be a bit later" ,as I like to have a lie in on days off :)

I don't think people do realise like when people don't cancel appointments, they just don't turn up I think they realise the stress it causes! Especially when it's expensive time consuming appointments!! x

I had this too!! I also have a part time job & a 3 yr old who's not at school yet as well as my 7 yr old at school, I was working a late shift (2-30 til 9-30pm) & someone wanted a tan doing at 4pm I said I could do it either before 1pm or the next day she kept saying at least 5 times I can do 4pm I kept saying the times I was available she even said if you come at 4 there will be 3 of us wanting a tan!!!

Some clients think we dedicate our whole day to them, don't get me wrong I will have all the time in the world for some of my clients as they don't expect and when they ask to change times or add people on, they say "would you mind" and "please"
But I have no time for those who have no p's & q's!! x

Ive got a client who ive done for about 12 years every week for a blowdry etc, shes meant to have 12pm every thurs through the book BUT chops and changes, gets the time wrong, phones me up and moves 6 weeks worth of apps and then moves them all again!!!!! Shes very good at cancelling on the day for the next day and her favourite saying is " I hope u havent come in just for me"!................Really?????WTF?:lol::lol::lol:

Nightmare!!!

Somebody just had on their status something like- need a tan or I will have to go back to fake tan (along those lines)
I commented it saying fake it don't bake it :)
And some girl wrote "or not!!"
How rude!? Same girl was asking me about lash extensions just last week for her birthday coming up!
I think she can find somewhere else!
That really is rude! It's hard for me to not say anything back on my fb when people are rude!!!

I had somebody on there last week bullying somebody and realised it was someone I know, that was a difficult one! x

I tell you what, it totally gets my back up when a new client texts me and says "I was thinking Monday, say 12ish". I think, oh don't mind me whether I might actually not be able to do that time! Like I am just sitting here waiting to fit them in! I suppose I shouldn't moan as I am still building clients up but that kind of attitude just shouts, nightmare future client!

Well you are Miss Confused after all

understatement haha :D x
I just realized that I am the same When I am calling up to get an appointment /on my days off/ - I normally say "anytime is good for me"
they say "how about 10 am?" I say " oh could it be a bit later" ,as I like to have a lie in on days off

i've done this too! LOL, thank god i'm not the only weird one!! :x
x
I tell you what, it totally gets my back up when a new client texts me and says "I was thinking Monday, say 12ish". I think, oh don't mind me whether I might actually not be able to do that time! Like I am just sitting here waiting to fit them in! I suppose I shouldn't moan as I am still building clients up but that kind of attitude just shouts, nightmare future client!

you aren't the only one, i had an email not so long ago from a client saying me and my friend want a spray tan when can you do us?? i'd never ever go to my usual salon and say to my therapist 'i need a mani and pedi doing this sat' it's just rude :\

even though some clients forget their manners for a little while their money is no different to Polite Paulas or Considerate Catherines so i guess we should just keep our mouth shut, smile nicely as we take their money and be grateful that we actually do have clients. x

I'm in the same boat (still building clientelle)
So having to put up with it, I know it sounds stupid but I can't help but say things like "sorry I am busy at that time I can make *insert 1 hour later*"
lol I've not lost a client doing that yet and I like to let them know that actually it's me that fits them in!!
x

Oooooooooooh I sooooooooo understand your pain!

I have on my FB "ABSOLUTELY NO APPOINTMENTS GIVEN VIA FB OR EMAIL. PLEASE PHONE"
And yet... people still try to book that way?
I hate playing message tag and then they take hours or days to reply and whatever options you gave them aren't available anymore and they expect you to 'hold' the spaces for them while they make up their minds?
ummmmmm HELL NO!

If one more person tries to TELL me when they are coming by instead of asking when is available... I just might strangle someone.

How about the last minute (literally) cancellations of their appointment 10min before they are due to arrive via an FB message (Ummm do you really think I'm going to see that since I AM working with a client at the moment???)

I just fired a client for that yesterday, for yanking my chain for the last time (4 out of 5 appointments, she messes with it last minute: cancelling or no showing, or rescheduling).

I also DELIBERATELY left my address off of my cards because I don't take walk-ins. I was left a message on FB "what is your address?". I replied "did you wish to make an appointment? I work by appointment only". She answered "no, I just need to know where you are". I answered "Maam, I work by appointment only. I work from home, as a single tech. I don't take walk-ins"
Anyway... it went on and on and finally she realized that she was NOT getting my address to just show up whenever she pleased and booked an appointment LOL

Oooooooooooh I sooooooooo understand your pain!

I have on my FB "ABSOLUTELY NO APPOINTMENTS GIVEN VIA FB OR EMAIL. PLEASE PHONE"
And yet... people still try to book that way?
I hate playing message tag and then they take hours or days to reply and whatever options you gave them aren't available anymore and they expect you to 'hold' the spaces for them while they make up their minds?
ummmmmm HELL NO!

If one more person tries to TELL me when they are coming by instead of asking when is available... I just might strangle someone.

How about the last minute (literally) cancellations of their appointment 10min before they are due to arrive via an FB message (Ummm do you really think I'm going to see that since I AM working with a client at the moment???)

I just fired a client for that yesterday, for yanking my chain for the last time (4 out of 5 appointments, she messes with it last minute: cancelling or no showing, or rescheduling).

I also DELIBERATELY left my address off of my cards because I don't take walk-ins. I was left a message on FB "what is your address?". I replied "did you wish to make an appointment? I work by appointment only". She answered "no, I just need to know where you are". I answered "Maam, I work by appointment only. I work from home, as a single tech. I don't take walk-ins"
Anyway... it went on and on and finally she realized that she was NOT getting my address to just show up whenever she pleased and booked an appointment LOL

you don't half attract all the weirdos!! LOL so glad i'm not using whatever shampoo you are! x

Latest posts

Back