Rudest thing a client has ever said to you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of these replies are incredible!
As I was fitting a clients hair extensions a couple of weeks ago she said to me "My sister is thinking of having hair extensions, but she's going to go to someone who's good."
I almost told her to go there too!

I think some of these lovely customers have been lucky not to get scissors or cuticle nippers stabbed into them [emoji27]

I know! Felt sorry for her, but I couldn't get a decent consultation in and really help her with a mother like that butting in and questioning my abilities! Whatever I did she would have absolutely hated so I was never going win [emoji36] some people! X
I admire your restraint, I'd have wanted to nut her one! hahaha

Years ago in last salon I had a client come in for haircut. Wasn't her first time, she had been in with me before for a cut. When I went to greet her she replied with 'oh right. I asked for someone else when I booked my appointment'.
Awkward.......

Client :how old are you
Me : 28
Client : do you have any children
Me: No I'm in no rush
Client : well you need to be your not getting younger just hope your healthy and everything is working down there !
[emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

Client :how old are you
Me : 28
Client : do you have any children
Me: No I'm in no rush
Client : well you need to be your not getting younger just hope your healthy and everything is working down there !
[emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

Omg!!! That is unbelievable! Did that woman hear herself speak?! X

Chit chatting with a client. She asked me about my fiancé and if we were going to have children. I said we weren't in any hurry and if it happens it happens. She goes 'Oh, so you're not using protection then?' ?!?!?
I didn't know what to say but in her defence she looked mortified when she realised what she'd said.

Oldies from SG will have heard this before so for the benefit of those that haven't ...

An elderly client said to me, I bet as a mum you're a real softy. I said: I am, I guess, what made you so that?
Her reply: because you're overweight. If you can't discipline yourself, how can you discipline your children?

Gobsmacked is not in it.

I'm still reeling from this 8 years later lol.

Oh my god! How are some people so effing rude?? I would never dream of saying some of these things to another human.

Oldies from SG will have heard this before so for the benefit of those that haven't ...

An elderly client said to me, I bet as a mum you're a real softy. I said: I am, I guess, what made you so that?
Her reply: because you're overweight. If you can't discipline yourself, how can you discipline your children?

Gobsmacked is not in it.

[emoji33] Some old people seem to think they can get away with saying things like this! How rude!

Gobsmacked is not in it.

Holy crap! The rudeness just escalated!

I think the elderly don't think before they say something! X

OMG these have made me actual lol! Can't believe clients would say things like that!

Gobsmacked is not in it.

I think this is hilarious.
Not that she called you overweight. But how it all ties together! That's a weird mind she has!!

Gobsmacked is not in it.

I would have said - " i bet your children are rude and arrogant, because if you don't know how to be polite, how can you teach your children to be"

When clients ask about my work history etc they're often surprised to find out I have a Bachelor of Communications and used to work as a journalist. I always get an amazed/disgusted look followed by "Why on earth did you decide to do beauty?!?!?"
I also had a lady eye off my pink nails one day whilst getting a manicure and she said "Do you have any nude colours, beige maybe? I'm not in to tacky nails". :eek:

Good lord!! I mean you have to be really dumb to do beauty because I mean anatomy,physiology,pathology,microbiology,science,finance,working out business plans,studying of the endocrine system, origin &insertion of muscle groups, lymphatic drainage, contra-actions,contra-indications etc etc etc, yeah we are all slightly below average, us thick beauty therapists!!!

Recently I had someone ask me if I was "like properly qualified, did you study to do what you do!?" [emoji30][emoji30][emoji107][emoji107]
omg yes, the amount of times i get asked "why did you decide to do beauty then?" or "so did you train to do this?" no, i simply just waltzed into the nearest salon off the street, put on a uniform and started doing treatments! grrr...!

Same client asked me if I was intelligent (not same day)

Same client asked me if I was intelligent (not same day)

Tsk. I'd have smiled and probably said 'Do you really have to ask?', whilst peering at them over the top of my reading glasses. :rolleyes:;)

omg yes, the amount of times i get asked "why did you decide to do beauty then?" or "so did you train to do this?" no, i simply just waltzed into the nearest salon off the street, put on a uniform and started doing treatments! grrr...!

How about replying........

"Hair and beauty's the most popular course they offer in the Rehabilitation unit. :p

Latest posts

Back