Rudest thing a client has ever said to you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell them 2 grand. Nosy twerps. X
Haha I've been saying it's on finance and I pay £10 a week [emoji23][emoji23] the look on their faces almost seems like they're glad about it and relieved that I mustn't have much money to spend lol

Haaaaaaa! love it

Having a client argue with you because they think you're a woman when your actually a man

Having a client argue with you because they think you're a woman when your actually a man
I think that beats them all hands down. How rude!

Vic x

I have actually just started a new job, was pregnant during my HND beauty therapy and breast fed after so just did mobile for a year till I got my son off bf. Now have a job in a salon and had the client from h*ll the other day [emoji22].

First she was in with me for lash tinting and a gel polish....my boss who had warned me of how difficult she was would then go on to do a brow tint and shape after I was complete. I was a student nurse for 2 years in a ward with highly dependant dementia sufferers so often had to deal with difficult situations so genuinely thought I would manage fine with this situation although the client isn't old or has dementia I'm just comparing difficulties of the situ. I usually have a way of dealing with those deemed 'difficult' pub work I believe has also helped with this......till I met this client.

Lash tint went fine, said her eyes itched/stung a bit during removal (NEVER happened before with me) but concerned for her I carefully wiped with cool damp cotton pads and asked her if she wanted more but she said it will pass and she felt OK. On examining her eyes there was not a trace of tint in the eye or even around it.

Took her to nail bar to do nails and whilst I went to wash my hands she started hacking at her nail plate with my cuticle knife (I brought in my own tools) I asked her politely not to, she constantly told me I didn't do it the same as my boss, told me how my boss does it basically trying to get me to do it the same kept touching/picking at her nails, taking them out during curing time trying to push her cuticles back further saying I hadn't done them properly and that I should have trimmed more cuticle away. I calmly explained that she must keep her hand placed in curer during the specified time and not touch as it could affect the finish etc I also said in my training we were taught that the area she was pointing to was eponychium and not supposed to be removed unless really overgrown and only after soaking proving there was no diabetes etc. The cuticle work I did was dry so I would not remove any more as to avoid damage and her cuticles did not need 'removing' anyway as they were not overgrown enough, she snorted and said that's why I always go to the professionals they are much better. I swear I could've broke down in tears then, I actually have training in gel my boss doesn't and has learnt on the job, my boss is also a big cuticle remover and snips everything away, the total opposite to what I was trained I'm not saying either or is right but that's just 13 years apart at different colleges. I studied at 2 diff colleges so have learnt the techniques from both education establishments and both say no cuticle cutting unless excessively overgrown and only on softened cuticles.

The woman reassured my boss I shouldn't be sacked (lmao) but shown how to do them 'properly' I need to use my nippers to full advantage she said! Then she would be happy for me to do her nails.

I have requested that my boss just do her treatments from now on as I don't think she'll ever be happy, apparently previous members of staff have completely refused her. I wouldn't go that far but hope to avoid it as much as possible! Am I being reasonable? Or is this just how it is in the industry x sorry for the book!

Well there's being a bit awkward and being a damn nightmare! She sounds horrible!

You're right, you shouldn't cut the eponychium, it leaves it open to infection. Stick to your guns and let the boss have this one. X

Well there's being a bit awkward and being a damn nightmare! She sounds horrible!

You're right, you shouldn't cut the eponychium, it leaves it open to infection. Stick to your guns and let the boss have this one. X

Yeah nightmare pretty much sums it up should've heard some of the other things she was saying as well I wouldn't even repeat, about other people and cultures in general. Awful. Yep she can keep her, think she even gets flustered with her and only tolerates her as she's a kind of family friend. Thanks Blossom x

I have quite a few but the most recent was the IT consultant who while discussing a peticular computer system said " you probably wouldn't know because your just a beauty therapist!

To be fair I had no idea what he was talking about but how rude!

I have quite a few but the most recent was the IT consultant who while discussing a peticular computer system said " you probably wouldn't know because your just a beauty therapist!

Well why would you know? He does cause that's what he chose to study, if you studied it you would know too, so no shame in that. My business lecturer whilst doing beauty also made comments like that when she had us for class, said "so how are you all finding this then, a huge difference to doing nails and whatnot, actually engaging your brains here...." I was pregnant and hormonal so I'll let you work out my response x

I usually ask them how good they are at waxing legs - or foo foos. That usually shuts them up x

It would have been fine without the word just.

Client this week: are you harbouring a little secret?
Me: what you do mean?
Client: in your lower body (points to tummy)
Me: oh no this mince pies

I had a bit of an odd one once, luckily it was by email and not face to face:

an old client of mine kept harping on about wanting to come back for acupuncture treatment but she couldn't afford my prices..
lots of to and fro emails, me being polite but firm saying I didn't do out of hours, discounts, special deals, work Saturdays etc. There were quite a few of these emails.

Her last email was a classic:
She had got a list of 'good acupuncture points' off the internet, so she could just turn up on a Saturday and give me the list so I could stick the needles in the points and then go off and do my housework or have a cup of tea until they needed to be taken out 20mins later. Then she would only need to pay for the cost of my needles and a bit of my time! Hillarious!!!!

For me it has to be when client sat down and I grabbed my tools out of barbicide and gone and sat down in front of her ready to begin treatment

Client: "*points to tools with dirty fingernails* make sure you've cleaned those"
Me: "They've been soaking in steriliser for an hour...."
Client: "Okay good because I've read salons are very filthy and dangerous"
Me: ............

(If she wasn't a paying client I would have had the balls to asked her why she walked into the salon)
Eeww that's bad

I had someone come into the salon and say 'aren't beauty people supposed to be like really pretty' I was just like [emoji50]

Saying hello to a customer and asking she wa having a nice day which she replied no because she'd been waiting ten minutes (she was 15 min early!!!!) the customer was then demanding to know if I was qualified, where I trained, how long is been doing eyebrow waxing and that I better not 'fuck it up or else' [emoji35] then kicking off because she couldn't get them tinted because she never had a skin test when told to and giving the whole 'I've had them tinted at xyz places blah blah blah this is ridiculous la la I'm a nasty cow.
What a horrible woman [emoji27]
That would really make me mad too!

A client said in front of other clients when i was explaining to her the benefits of a particular skin care product-
"Dont sit there and tell me shit about products just so i buy it. You bitches all look young because you fill your faces with botox, its not these products that do it"
I said ever so politely -
"You came in here for me to help you. Im helping you by explaining to you what the ingredients of these products will do to benefit you. Honestly, it doesnt bother me if you buy the serum or not. You're the one bothered by your skin. Im not bothered by my skin because i use these products. As for your botox remark, yes ive used it many years ago just to try it out but i cant speak for the other ladies here. Although i shouldnt feel the need to justify myself to you, i will take your insult as a compliment because yeah, i look younger than most for my age and its because i take care of my skin. If you followed my advice you could have younger looking skin too "
She stormed out of the shop but returned the next day and purchased the serum hahaha
Oh thats funny!!

I have actually just started a new job, was pregnant during my HND beauty therapy and breast fed after so just did mobile for a year till I got my son off bf. Now have a job in a salon and had the client from h*ll the other day [emoji22].

First she was in with me for lash tinting and a gel polish....my boss who had warned me of how difficult she was would then go on to do a brow tint and shape after I was complete. I was a student nurse for 2 years in a ward with highly dependant dementia sufferers so often had to deal with difficult situations so genuinely thought I would manage fine with this situation although the client isn't old or has dementia I'm just comparing difficulties of the situ. I usually have a way of dealing with those deemed 'difficult' pub work I believe has also helped with this......till I met this client.

Lash tint went fine, said her eyes itched/stung a bit during removal (NEVER happened before with me) but concerned for her I carefully wiped with cool damp cotton pads and asked her if she wanted more but she said it will pass and she felt OK. On examining her eyes there was not a trace of tint in the eye or even around it.

Took her to nail bar to do nails and whilst I went to wash my hands she started hacking at her nail plate with my cuticle knife (I brought in my own tools) I asked her politely not to, she constantly told me I didn't do it the same as my boss, told me how my boss does it basically trying to get me to do it the same kept touching/picking at her nails, taking them out during curing time trying to push her cuticles back further saying I hadn't done them properly and that I should have trimmed more cuticle away. I calmly explained that she must keep her hand placed in curer during the specified time and not touch as it could affect the finish etc I also said in my training we were taught that the area she was pointing to was eponychium and not supposed to be removed unless really overgrown and only after soaking proving there was no diabetes etc. The cuticle work I did was dry so I would not remove any more as to avoid damage and her cuticles did not need 'removing' anyway as they were not overgrown enough, she snorted and said that's why I always go to the professionals they are much better. I swear I could've broke down in tears then, I actually have training in gel my boss doesn't and has learnt on the job, my boss is also a big cuticle remover and snips everything away, the total opposite to what I was trained I'm not saying either or is right but that's just 13 years apart at different colleges. I studied at 2 diff colleges so have learnt the techniques from both education establishments and both say no cuticle cutting unless excessively overgrown and only on softened cuticles.

The woman reassured my boss I shouldn't be sacked (lmao) but shown how to do them 'properly' I need to use my nippers to full advantage she said! Then she would be happy for me to do her nails.

I have requested that my boss just do her treatments from now on as I don't think she'll ever be happy, apparently previous members of staff have completely refused her. I wouldn't go that far but hope to avoid it as much as possible! Am I being reasonable? Or is this just how it is in the industry x sorry for the book!
I would refuse to provide a service for her again. Its not you its her...she will never be pleased

When I started the college last year to do my level 2 beauty, I was telling a customer in my shop and they laughed and said 'That's just a hobby though isn't it?' So cheeky! [emoji34]

Latest posts

Back