Salon Express - blatantly selling to the public!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty4all

Reaction score
I went to my local Salon Express this afternoon as they were doing a vat free day...only to find the store full of non-trade customers. How do I know? Because as I was working through my list going up and down the aisles,listening to the woman at the til blatanttly advising the customers about which hair dye to buy, which hair extensions etc...then, when a girl left the till, she rang someone on her mobile and was directing her friend on how to get there as they are doing a vat free day and she can get loads of salon stuff...and no you don't need a trade card?...
Am I the only one who gets peed of with this sort of thing?

I have a trade card with Sally's & didnt know about the VAT free day today, unless its just at certain stores:suprised: as I usually get a txt alert on my mobi.

As far as I'm aware non card holders get charged more, but in a ideal world, these events sholud be for "Card Holders" Only

There was no vat free day at our sallys today..it was 2 weeks ago :)

Ours in Kent was last Thursday!

from Debbie's HTC Sense

I have a trade card with Sally's & didnt know about the VAT free day today, unless its just at certain stores:suprised: as I usually get a txt alert on my mobi.

As far as I'm aware non card holders get charged more, but in a ideal world, these events sholud be for "Card Holders" Only

No, Sally's is Trade card aka sally Salon Services- they are strict about that...I'm talking about Salon Express.

So sorry for grabbing at the wrong end of the stick:eek::o

I would say, don't support places that don't support YOU.

I wouldn't buy so much as a cotton pad from them never mind the other stuff they carry and I never have.
:idea::idea::idea:

Oops, sorry for mis-reading

from Debbie's HTC Sense

I too wouldnt return if I knew this was happening, same reason don't go to sallys. Makes me so mad! One of my clients rang me a while back to ask what colour to purchase whilst in a wholesalers, I told her I couldn't advise as I don't do the colour .... Cheek!

I really wish these places would stick to rules :grr:

I wouldn't buy so much as a cotton pad from them never mind the other stuff they carry and I never have.

Absolutely! :cool:

I actually dont think ive had to show my certificates anywhere except for my insurance.
I did actually just list all the professional wholesale companies i can buy from online with only ever filling in a form that has asked me a few details and then approving me to view professional prices and start to buy within about half hour.I would say you name them and i have an account and have never been asked once to send in any proof certificates or insurance details.
Certain nail companies are very tight Calgel, bio and of course sweet squared and ellisons are for buying cnd and minx so it can be done but its often not.I bet my 17 year old son whos going to be a plumber could buy just about everything we buy online in a day if i gave him a list.:biggrin:

Why not email their head office?

Yep. I am so done with them. It was like a free for all in the Primark sales! lol.

Latest posts

Back