Salon too basic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bezza

Reaction score
Hi there lovelies...
Just after some feedback on my salon room. It's home-based but I want it to look professional. I'm after completely honest feedback - i won't be offended! Does it look a bit basic?

Ta in advance!!

It's in my album photos on my profile....:o

I think its nice and clean looking, is that a ikea table? i like it!

Hi,
I like the 'clean' look too.
Perhaps a tall, thin, orchid (or similar) would help to soften the look and create a bit of interest against the stripey wall ..............if you wanted to though - not entirely necessary !!!! :D

Hi Bezza, I think it looks lovely, very clean, tidy. Love the shellac rack mounted on the wall!!
I would mabe just put a big mirror up on the strippy wall and your certificates.
Those chairs look comfy too! xx

I'm a big fan of the clean lines myself so I love it. I agree with one poster that mentioned putting your certs on the striped wall...that would look good and then the clients can look up as you are pampering them lol. BTW those chairs are very cool...where are they from? Love it xx

Thanks all!! It's given me a great feeling of confidence. The table is Ikea, as are the chairs - they're £89 each but much cheaper than the 'proper' salon chairs....

As for the certificate thing - I'm too embarrassed to put them up because I only qualified in January and they are all dated - I don't want people to judge me by the fact I am inexperienced - am I being silly?!

Also, I totally agree about the mirror Emma but there's a huge mirror on the wall behind the chair (you can't see it on the photo) and I don't want it to look too 'mirrory'?!!

I think you're all right about probably breaking up the wall with something.

And as for the clean look, my friend tonight said that it looks very 'clinical' with the white chairs/table/CND lamp and the white cupboard in the corner, but that it was a good thing becaue it gave the impression of cleanliness....

Fingers crossed!!

Thanks again for taking the time to reply

I think it looks very welcoming, comfortable & LOVE the wallpaper!

love it!! the rack on wall is really nice too and stripes are a nice change frm florals

Let me qualify myself first - I'm a neat freak when it comes to my treatment room which walls are a light green and everything else is WHITE.

I think your room looks very neat and very clean and professional. I'd go for a white wall though (don't go by me though - see statement above)

Dont be embarressed about putting your certificates up, be proud, you work hard for them! Hang them up with pride!!
I think certificates (qualifications & insurance) add a professional touch myself, and to be honest I dont find clients look at the dates on them, and to be honest most of my new clients always seem to ask me "have you been doing this long?" So if you have clients like that too, then they will know that your newly qualified anyway. xxx

i agree ref certificates, you worked hard to get them, be proud show them off

sharon xx

Lovely. As others have said maybe just you certificates are missing.

I think it's fantastic, If I was to have a small salon in my own home I would have it like this but probably have some sort of swirly pink wall paper knowing me LOL

Latest posts

Back