Salons quiet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinkleTips69

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering if peoples businesses are being affected by this economy scare? Ive noticed its quieter than usual (last May and previous were my busiest months) so I'm having a bit of a panic!!! I think I need to do some super promos/adverts to get the same turnout!

Whats everyone doing to get people to spend their precious cash!!! Any good promotion ideas?

I have just put together some wedding/holiday packages
to attract more clients.
I must admit though business not been too bad.
but still room for more clients iykwim.

Every business has seen an economical downturn in trade over the last 3 years. A lot of it down to people not having the available credit anymore and having to tighten purse strings.

I am looking at opening a new business, however for the short term I am going to concentrate on what clients will always keep having done, rather than the luxury treatments.

If you discount your treatment you end up needing twice as many clients for the same amount of money! How about instead trying to get new clients through the door, by offering your existing clients a half price treatment for every full price client they introduce. Or do buy one get one half price when someone rings to book with you. I find it works as they call to book say a brazilian, and I say this week we have a special on, you can book another treatment and you will get the cheapest half price! Its amazing how effective it works.

Dont undersell yourself though, you have overheads and you need a wage too!

Kate

I have noticed its gone a bit quieter compared to last year.

I have to say that my bookings have been rolling in the last couple of weeks. My diary is looking very healthy so far for May.

Must be quiet, there is a salon not far from me in a very very affluent area that is charging £10 at the moment for a St Tropez Tan.

My friends daughter is currently on work experience there and they get many soap stars/footballers wives in. Only earlier this week someone came in to get some treatments from a gift voucher she had been bought for christmas for £1,000 YES £1,000. I WISH!!!!

i think its quiet at the mo but it will settle once the scare passes. i met someone who deals with biz s that have gone bankrupt and he said the last thingto go the little luxuries as people liketo feel better....

i think its quiet at the mo but it will settle once the scare passes. i met someone who deals with biz s that have gone bankrupt and he said the last thingto go the little luxuries as people liketo feel better....
`
`yup - `focus on promoting the feel god factor - people need it more than ever at this time.

`
`yup - `focus on promoting the feel god factor - people need it more than ever at this time.
So thats feel god eh?
May bring some religious types in. LOL :green:

I have my die-hards if have a treatment every 3-4 weeks regardless of what the economy is like.
But I have noticed the difference in some clients just not re-booking as this time last year they did.

I've just had some postcards made up with 'haven't seen you for a while' which I'm going to start sending out, plus use them to remind people that their facial appointment is due.

Latest posts

Back