saying NO

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

niksaki

Reaction score
Just wondering is there anything that you wont do or feel like saying no to your clients when they ask you you to do something ie: nail art etc...im only asking because today i did some really nice natural plain gel extensions..anyhoo then she proceeded to get me to paint hot pink french on them (fair enough) 2 x coats of colour, one x coat of fine silver sparkles on that, then a diff sparkle on that cos she didnt like the first one but wouldnt let me take it off and start again....oh and then diamantes on each nail PLUS a clear coat over that LATER!!!! they looked very tacky! i was ashamed to think she might tell people i did them for her even!!!! :confused: i felt like saying no...but as that pesky saying goes...."the customer is aways right" :eek: :confused: :irked: :smack:

emmapoppy

Reaction score
I use tips and used to have a customer who wanted the french white tips placed as far down her nail as poss! I hated doing it, it looked terrible and dreaded her telling people where she'd had them done. But I think sometimes you have to give them what they want, they are paying afterall.
:irked:

beautynails

Reaction score
To each their own. I've had all sorts of requests, sometimes I don't even know if it's possible or not, but I'm always happy to give it a go. Whatever makes them happy.

niksaki

Reaction score
LMAO yeah i suppose each to their own and all huh? my next client just glared at me lol when she seen the ladies nails lol they were THAT bad! but oh well....:rolleyes:

aliceellen1974

Reaction score
i think it can be really hard to say no, especially when you are starting you, you kind of want to make everyone happy. i am hoping the more experienced i become, the more assertive i become also LOL.

i think you have to let them have what they want even if you dont agree but try and suggest an alternative as a compromise if you really do strongly disagree with something.

at the mo, i think i would only say a definate no if it was compromising the health of the customer, as far as decoration, length is concerned i can only advise

hth xxx

beautynails

Reaction score
i think it can be really hard to say no, especially when you are starting you, you kind of want to make everyone happy. i am hoping the more experienced i become, the more assertive i become also LOL.

i think you have to let them have what they want even if you dont agree but try and suggest an alternative as a compromise if you really do strongly disagree with something.

at the mo, i think i would only say a definate no if it was compromising the health of the customer, as far as decoration, length is concerned i can only advise

hth xxx
This is the most important thing I think. It's our job tolook after the health of their nails & advise them on what we think is best. I peeps want tacking looking nails that's their choice, as long as they pay for it.:lol:

1999judy

Reaction score
Just wondering is there anything that you wont do or feel like saying no to your clients when they ask you you to do something ie: nail art etc...im only asking because today i did some really nice natural plain gel extensions..anyhoo then she proceeded to get me to paint hot pink french on them (fair enough) 2 x coats of colour, one x coat of fine silver sparkles on that, then a diff sparkle on that cos she didnt like the first one but wouldnt let me take it off and start again....oh and then diamantes on each nail PLUS a clear coat over that LATER!!!! they looked very tacky! i was ashamed to think she might tell people i did them for her even!!!! :confused: i felt like saying no...but as that pesky saying goes...."the customer is aways right" :eek: :confused: :irked: :smack:
I don't exactly say a blunt no I say something like "yes that sounds like a good idea but let me show you some samples of something I've done previously, which I think would look much better."
The customer is not always right mate, we are. We're the ones who've had the training aren't we?:hug:

Zingara

Reaction score
Thankfully I've not really had to refuse, as they've listened to me, but I have advised some clients against the length they want as I know they simply wouldn't last.

I've had one client wanting the full length of the tip leaving on:eek: ...and she was quite heavy handed with quite stubby little nail beds. They still ended being longer than I would have really liked, and I advised her of potential problems, but she wanted her talons and insisted they were only for a party the following day.

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
We are advisors to our clients, and I agree with Judy, that offering an alternative and showing them choices is the best way but if they insist on a certain thing, then you DO IT.

The only thing I have ever refused outright to do is to cut the eponychium. In the 'old days' I had many requests to do this at the manicure station as it seems it was a normal accepted procedure as part of a regular manicure in those days!! :eek: I would never do it, and did explain what a viscious circle it was and how the regular use of Solar OIl would in fact shrink their 'rubbery' eponychium and make it pretty again in no time. I won't let a client make me compromise if something is hazardous to them, to me, or to my business.

nailzoo

Reaction score
I send em to the NSS for tacky airbrushing and nailart (after showing them an article on MMA of course) I "enhance", then it's up to them to "elaborate", My nailart is way too expensive for most as I charge for time and artistic ability, i'd rather reserve it for something more worthwhile, like a magazine shoot. I hate covering up a nice looking set with a silly garnish.

bimbogeri

Reaction score

1999judy

Reaction score
I did compromise myself once by copying a clients tattoo (BF initials in fancy writing) onto her nails, it looked totally chav but she was insistent and tbh I couldn't show her a single thing that would change her mind.

nailzoo

Reaction score

thenailista

Reaction score
LMAO :lol: I'm now picturing a set of nails with a sprig of parsley on each nail!
Oh,please! Parsley is so passe! Let's have some coriander, or basil!:lol:

niksaki

Reaction score
LMAO thanks people!! well i actually offered her an alternative i have some nail art that i have done (on tips) i showed her one of the same colour but all over with white flicks and a diamante, something still birght but a tad more....nicer? lol she wouldnt have it though...LOL thanks everyone for replying. :lol:

Latest posts