Scotland

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recommend Saltcoats, we have a lovely beach loads of countryside and only 25mins from Glasgow and also near to cumbrae as earlier mentioned!!!

The Wax Queen also found a lovely bed and breakfast in a farm when she stayed and she said she would highly recommend it!

Woooh Go Scotland x

Went to our friends wedding in a little church on Loch Lomond and stayed in the 'lodge on the loch hotel' where we all stayed and our friends had their reception.
Our rooms had balconies that hung over the loch and had there own saunas.It was November but was absolutly beautiful and the hotel was fantastic too with the most fantastic views of the loch and hills... very, very romantic.Would love to go back sometime.

I know it well.....and go there for lunch every so often, it is only 15 minutes drive from me :lol:

I don't know how you are going to pick somewhere to go up here, as there are so many beautiful places to choose from. We really do have it all history, architecture and scenery............oh and good old scottish hospitality!!!

Take a month off....and come see it all :lol:

I would recommend THE GRANITE CITY (ABERDEEN) my home town... Smashing place lovely people (CAN BE A BIT GRUMPY) .. My husband and I had our wedding at St Machar Cathedral, which is stunning and a must to see.. We then had our reception at The Marcliffe at Pitfodels, which is to die for.. the Best hotel in the North of Scotland, we even had our honeymoon suite in the same room as the Sultan of Bruni!!!!! The beach can be a bit cold,,,, but when you are used to the cold Aberdeen air (and the smell of fresh fish) its a place i am very proud to be born and bread from!!!! And of course ive been living in Glasgow for 13 years, to which i am just as proud of and love to bits.. Come visit us.. we will make you welcome where ever you come too !!!

braemar & royal deeside are beautiful places that's where i love going when i visit my mum.shelly i agree the marcliffe at pitfodels is stunning.
animat5.jpg

Last edited:
braemar & royal deeside are beautiful places that's where i love going when i visit my mum.shelly i agree the marcliffe at pitfodels is stunning.
animat5.jpg
OMG that is so funny my house is just behind the big house you see at the left of the picture.:lol::lol:
The Marcliffe at Pitfodels was where my girls had thier 5th and 6th end of year Ball on thursday night they sadly werent to keen on it 2 people found slugs in thier salads!!!!
And the tickets cost them £35 each a bit steep for kids I thought.

Last edited:
Give us a wave then Karen!!!

As far as the midges go Debbie ....buy some Avon 'skin so soft' dry oil spray the one in the green bottle, before you come. Me and hubby use it all the time in the garden and we hardly get bothered by midges at all. In fact Klassy Klaws I think you were the one that recommended it to me!!! It has been a lifesaver!!

Give us a wave then Karen!!!

As far as the midges go Debbie ....buy some Avon 'skin so soft' dry oil spray the one in the green bottle, before you come. Me and hubby use it all the time in the garden and we hardly get bothered by midges at all. In fact Klassy Klaws I think you were the one that recommended it to me!!! It has been a lifesaver!!

See Im jumping on the trampoline in the garden watch carefully and you might just see me:lol::lol:
Now you see me, now you don't, now you see me, now you don't:lol::lol::lol:
Take a closer look you might just see me!

Avon's 'Skin so Soft' is fantastic the midges hate it so much make sure as izzi said you buy the green bottle.
I always have a stock in the cupboard its cheaper than buying midge replant to:hug:

Attachments

• Me Jumping.jpg
    Me Jumping.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
aye i agree the marcliffe is a bit pricey....lol is that you tryna get out the tree in the left corner of ur pic karen :lol: (pointing to red image on pic)

j x

See Im jumping on the trampoline in the garden watch carefully and you might just see me:lol::lol:
Now you see me, now you don't, now you see me, now you don't:lol::lol::lol:
Take a closer look you might just see me!

Avon's 'Skin so Soft' is fantastic the midges hate it so much make sure as izzi said you buy the green bottle.
I always have a stock in the cupboard its cheaper than buying midge replant to:hug:

Ok guys thanks,me and the midges have something in common then we both hate Avon!:lol:

Hi Debbie,
I'm originally from Glasgow but have lived in or visited practically all of beautiful Scotland at some time or another ...
For the last 8 years i've been living in Inverness and the scenery round here is amazing ! If that's what you want, come to the Highlands. This is only my 3rd post but it's gonna be big ... here goes:)

There is lots to see like Loch Ness (where the monster lives), culloden Battlefield and too many castles to mention also the Highland Games are on Sat 19th and Sun 20th of July...there is also a wide range of accomodation to suit all budgets.

If i were you i'd fly into Inverness then hire a car as it would be a very long drive otherwise especially with your little girl. Use Inverness as your base and explore from here.You MUST take a day trip to the Isle of Skye (set off about 8.30-9am). The road there takes you through the Kyle of Lochalsh, which contains a mountain range called The Five Sisters of Kintail (i almost cried passing through these, so beautiful) and also DaisyMae Donan Castle which is iconic and has been used in many calenders and also featured in the opening scenes of the film Highlander.Also at this time of year all the deer follow the stags down from the hills and you'll see them in the glens herds as big as 300 sometimes. Lot's of pull-over points to get out and watch. If you stop at these places you'll arrive on Skye just before lunch time (the Skye bridge is now toll free) follow the road into Portree where there are lots of nice little places to eat lunch and a tourist information office for things to see on skye.

Once back in Inverness i'd take day trips to surrounding areas like The Black Isle or as we call it up here the land that time forgot! Also head for Dunrobin Castle in Golspie, Sutherland. You'll pass the Moray Firth and see all the seals basking on the shores you can also take Dolphin spotting trips from the Inverness harbour area.

Hope this is helpful and i've persuaded you ! Type any of the places i have mentioned into google and see for yourself . We are also having a good summer this year, well so far .... but to be honest with scottish scenery the wetter, more overcast and mistier it is the better. Tourists really moan when it's sunny as it's not the scotland they've pictured:lol: lol Oh yeah, don't forget the midgey spray,brolly and most importantly your beer money ! lol

I'm emigrating to Texas USA in about 2 months and while i always miss Glasgow, when i'm far away and homesick, singing Flower of scotland drunkenly into my wineglass i will be dreaming about and longing for the Highlands x x

Last edited:
Aw thanks hun that was really thoughful of you to write that all out,thanks for the info,sounds fantastic.

ohh i agree the 5 sisters of kintail beautiful ,fantastic view...loads of midgies thou but lemon juice works..lol .. i remember my dad telling me the ledgend\story of how the mountains got their name is one time there were 7 daughters of a local chief, 2 of whom were taken as brides by 2 Irish brothers & on leaving Kintail they promised to return with their 5 brothers, who would marry the remaining sisters. The years passed with no sign of the Irishmen returning, so to preserve their beauty when they waited, a local witch doctor from Kintail turned them into the graceful and beautiful mountains there u have the five sisters of kintail...thought id share..

j x

I would recommend THE GRANITE CITY (ABERDEEN) my home town... Smashing place lovely people (CAN BE A BIT GRUMPY) :eek:.. My husband and I had our wedding at St Machar Cathedral, which is stunning and a must to see...

Now as an Aberdonian born and bred, I can only say, I am offended!!:|

I am the cheeriest person you'll ever meet!!! :green: There are places and areas where you will find Grumpy people, but I think you will find that anywhere you venture worldwide!!!

Aberdeen is a beautiful and fantastic place to live and visit!!

I VOTE ABERDEEN!! ABERDEEN!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!!ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!!ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!!ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!!ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!!ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!!ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!!

Are you getting the hint yet!! :lol:

I am the cheeriest person you'll ever meet!!! :green: There are places and areas where you will find Grumpy people, but I think you will find that anywhere you venture worldwide!!!

I VOTE ABERDEEN!! ABERDEEN!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!!ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!!ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!!ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!!ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!!ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!!ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!! ABERDEEN!!!!

I couldnt agree more...Come visit us in Aberdeen and see for yourself :hug::hug::hug:
but the beers are on you :lol::lol::lol::lol:

WOAH!!! Angie we get the hint girl ....:lol: i'm from grumpy land myself lol & speekin o drinkies mines a BB >>bursts into a song
The northern lights of old Aberdeen,
Sweet home sweet home to me,
The northern lights of Aberdeen,
For where I long to be.
I've been a wanderer all of my life,
And many a sight I've seen.
God speed the day,
when I'm on my way,
To my home in Aberdeen.

Last edited:
Drink???? :green: *jumps out of her seat to see where the bar is!!* mines' a Morgans n Coke please, the full fat stuff, none of this diet rubbish!! Can we get a chippy or a kebab on the way home??? :green:

Yep, lovin the singing too....let me join you....*starts to sing very badly, leading to grumpy husband glaring*.... oops!! haha!

Don't do it Debbie ! They are grumpy in Aberdeen,.....har har har

On yersel Glesgae !!! :lol: lol

P.S. Thanks for sharing Janey K

WOAH!!! Angie we get the hint girl ....:lol: i'm from grumpy land myself lol & speekin o drinkies mines a BB >>bursts into a song
The northern lights of old Aberdeen,
Sweet home sweet home to me,
The northern lights of Aberdeen,
For where I long to be.
I've been a wanderer all of my life,
And many a sight I've seen.
God speed the day,
when I'm on my way,
To my home in Aberdeen.

I am an Aberdonian as well and this makes me so homesick, luckily I was down there for the day today so dont feel so bad.

Would recommend Aberdeenshire (especially Deeside) or the Highlands
You can fly quite cheaply to Inverness or Aberdeen Airport.

Hope you have a lovely time whereever you decide to go to :)

OMG that is so funny my house is just behind the big house you see at the left of the picture.:lol::lol:
The Marcliffe at Pitfodels was where my girls had thier 5th and 6th end of year Ball on thursday night they sadly werent to keen on it 2 people found slugs in thier salads!!!!
And the tickets cost them £35 each a bit steep for kids I thought.

What a shame, hope they complained.. In 2000, when i got married,like everything else i wanted everything to be THE BEST, and the Marcliffe at the time was THE BEST!!! Been back a few times for meals etc, yeh its quite expensive but if you like good things, then go for it.. I agree, that was a bit over the top for your girls Ball.

Dont be offended please, god as an original Torry Quine, i didnt mean to offend anybody, i lo
icon_rolleyes.gif
ve Aberdeen as much as any Aberdonian, all my family are still up there.. Thats why i recommended it on this thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back