Scotland

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi this one is for all you Scottish geeks or anybody else who has been to Scotland, I am so longing to go there,but just wondered if somebody can tell me of the best parts to go to stay,Im going for the scenery,and hopefully somewhere thats pretty reasonable,just a B&B will do ,and near a town centre just so I can see the Scottish atmosphere.

I have been looking on the net but just thought if I could get some ideas of the best areas it would be more of a help.Oh and I plan to fly there too.Thanks all.:)

well you have definatley got to visit the North East..absolutley wonderfull scenery and places to go....
Easy jet flights to Aberdeen..cheap car hire and away you go...it's all here to be discovered...oh and no traffic jams ...as no traffic :lol:

I stay in the Scottish Borders and it is lovely there are so many little towns and villages, only an hour from edinburgh, and also near to the Northumberland coast ( the Farne Islands). I cant help with any further north but there are so many nice places up here in Scotland, you wont be dissappointed anywhere you go im sure!

Loch Lomond is great too and only 30 minutes from Glasgow City Centre.

Oban and it's surrounding areas of Fort William etc is only 90 minutes away too.

lol this has nothing to do with beauty or hair or nails lol but i have to say i love scotland, stunning place!

Mmm thanks geeks,have been looking at fort william,and isle of skye so far..will carry on looking to moz...getting sleepy now:zzz::zzz:!!

I stay in Ayr and it has lots of history and a beach if you have thermal wetsuits:lol:

We are quite central for Glasgow and Edinburgh, but there is no doubt that the further you go up north the more breathtaking the scenery is. Edinburgh is a fab city, with loads to see but I love Glasgow, there is just something about it. :)

Scotland is a beautiful country, it really depends what you want. Both the north east and west coast are amazing for scenery.

I have lived here my whole life and really could not single any area out. I would say don't go to a big city if you want the 'Scottish atmosphere' but then Edinburgh is a beautiful city as is Inverness.

Its soo hard!! I don't think you could be dissappointed wherever you went, honestly, its all lovely.

We have family in NE Scotland (Moray) and it is very beautuiful, wonderful open wild coastlines, quaint fishing harbours, GOOD seafood, and very friendly people....a real getaway for me, but then for that total escapist rugged charm, with beautiful cliffs and mountains, not a soul for miles feel for me you can't beat the Isle of Mull. You need to cross by ferry from Oban, which is a very accessible and well equiipped town so best of both worlds......love it!

Kyle of Lochalsh ,plockton (home to hamish macbeth and wee jock and the 1969 film the wickerman was filmed there ),dornie and glenelg ,inverness beautiful scenery ,peaceful and tranquil if want to just chill out..im from scotland and miss it i still go up every year to see family..id avoid the cities aberdeen is nice for shopping ,history and shopping but edinburgh is good if you want a bit of nightlife and lots of history...oh if you do go edinburgh there is the magnificent castle on the rock ....just make sure you wear trainers to get to it and take some earplugs lol .
heres a couple of websites
Accommodation, Travel & Scottish Holidays - The Internet Guide to Scotland
www.plockton.com
www.edinburgh.org

Well I recommend ALL of Scotland to be honest as it has something for everyone it all depends on what you want to do and see. We went camping a few years back up in Gareloch near Ullapool ... let's just say WOW!!!

I am moving back soon just dont know which part as yet I am from Glasgow and I miss the place so much.

Good luck with wherever you choose I can only say you'll love it :)

I think Scotland is absolutely beautyful and stunning wherever you go.....I personally think the westcoast is fantastic - you get a real holiday feel with the palm trees and mild climate and that amongst typical scottish seaside towns.....just one thing to watch out for when you go in the summer....the midgies!!!!!

I have been looking and looking and cant make my mind up,Ive found a farm in Dumfries which I quite like the idea of B&B,the accomodation doesnt look brill but I aint too bothered,Im there for the scenery,as long as I get a motor I ll be fine,and I ll be on my way up North touring..:lol:I t cant decide wether to fly or drive?If I fly how can I give photographic proof of my 7 year old daughter?she has an expiered passport,but she was a baby in the photo then.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the links and the warning about the midges,and thanks for all your replies,Im getting so excited even though I havent booked anything yet,but Im just so longing to get there.:)

Being English and having married a lovely Scottish man and moving to Scotland 13 years ago I have to say all of it is lovely.

Mull is very lovely as are the highlands and Orkney, in fact where I live is lovely.

I honestly could'nt say stay here or there as there is so much to see and do.

:hug:

I have been looking and looking and cant make my mind up,Ive found a farm in Dumfries which I quite like the idea of B&B,the accomodation doesnt look brill but I aint too bothered,Im there for the scenery,as long as I get a motor I ll be fine,and I ll be on my way up North touring..:lol:I t cant decide wether to fly or drive?If I fly how can I give photographic proof of my 7 year old daughter?she has an expiered passport,but she was a baby in the photo then.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the links and the warning about the midges,and thanks for all your replies,Im getting so excited even though I havent booked anything yet,but Im just so longing to get there.:)

Get an Easyjet flight up and hire a car..you get the best of both worlds.
Maybe look to stay in one of the many castles that offer either B&B or self catering.
Whatever you descide on your going to love it...oh on the East coast there are far fewer migies to spoil your trip:hug:

I have visited quite a lot of places in Scotland. I can honestly say I dont think it would matter where you went you would love it and find beauty where ever you were, there is so much history all over and the scenery is amazing.
One thing I would say tho if you do go to Edinburgh... look up....the buildings are amazing...xx

Hi hun you should try coming up to Royal Deeside is has many places to see and loads of beautiful scenery.
We aren't inundated with midges which is a very big plus:lol::lol:
Royal Deeside, Scotland : beautiful home to Balmoral Castle
I am sure where ever you choose you will have a fantastic time us Scot's are a real sociable bunch:hug:

Hi hun you should try coming up to Royal Deeside is has many places to see and loads of beautiful scenery.
We aren't inundated with midges which is a very big plus:lol::lol:
Royal Deeside, Scotland : beautiful home to Balmoral Castle
I am sure where ever you choose you will have a fantastic time us Scot's are a real sociable bunch:hug:

u beat me to it lol

Or the west coast, not been yet, but Loch Lomand and the surrounding area is suppost to be gorgeous.

Went to our friends wedding in a little church on Loch Lomond and stayed in the 'lodge on the loch hotel' where we all stayed and our friends had their reception.
Our rooms had balconies that hung over the loch and had there own saunas.It was November but was absolutly beautiful and the hotel was fantastic too with the most fantastic views of the loch and hills... very, very romantic.Would love to go back sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back