Scratch Article

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigi

Reaction score
Dear Geekers

I read with pure joy in my heart Alex foxs message on this months copy of scratch and felt an affinity with what she wrote and I know that many of you feel it too!.

So much so that I have an idea:

I am proposing a code of salon geek ethics:

we all contribute and write a code of ethics together and print it off and put it up in our salons and/or marketing material such as website etc?

For those of you that dont have a wall as such then maybe you could place it on your kit bag or in your marketing material.

I would even be prepared to organise a mass printing of it so we could all have the same one and all proceeds go a charity that Alex Fox would like to choose? though I havent asked her as I dont know her at all. But I could email her?

So as I well known for my pay it forward, loving everyone ways, I think its a great idea. Its not compulsory... just those in favour ???????

what do you think?.... oh and I love you all...

tigi
xxxx

Aye!

That's all I have to say haha x

I am well up for this one too, such a fab idea.

The article hit home with me, I love that magazine so much! :Love:

I second Tigi!!

I'm a bit clueless here because I don't have my copy yet.

For Geeks that don't have a subscription to Scratch, is there any way someone could scan it and upload it here so we can all see it?

Pretty please? :Love:

I'm intrigued, but I'm not a subscriber so I'm kinda lost :)

If no one has managed to put the article on here by the morning I will scan and post it when I get in to the office. I too think it was a really good article. :Love:

If no one has managed to put the article on here by the morning I will scan and post it when I get in to the office. I too think it was a really good article. :Love:

Awwh that would be brilliant, thanks a million! :biggrin:

I can't do it at the mo as I am on my I phone, so yes yes pls Williams xxxx

Tigi

Xxx

That would be very helpful if you can. Thank you x

I scanned it but it is faaaar too small to read and I got fed up with it, so I will type it in for you whist in bed :) (please god let there be no typo's)

"Love, support, dedication, great skills & care = the beauty professional

In my personal experience,lately I've seen a trend that has not had me smiling (to be honest rather shocked me), and so I thought I'd bring it upas I see it as bizzare and against the beauty industry grain. What I've experienced in two very seperate , yet both beauty related situations is that in order for one person to succeed, they feel they need to hurt or sabotage another to get where they believe they want or need to be.

This goes against all I hold close and feel tender about inside this beautiful industry. How can we profess to love the inner and outer selves of our clients if we choose to quietly hurt an industry colleague for personal gain? It simply does not ring true to our calling if in some way we feel comfortable being unkind, selfish or manipulative in our manner.

I am truly appauled at times to see what lengths people will go to inorder to get what they want, but when I see it in the beauty industry, it truly incenses me. Please let's remember why we all chose this amazing industry. Lets recognise what we can learn from eachother, lets look at eachother with kindness, fondness and respect and then we can all move forward together, each learning new skills and being inspired by one another. I think weve all been on the sharp end of unkindness at some point in our lives, lets not bring this negativ ity into our salons, treatment rooms and nail areas - a happy team, a respectful team, forming friendships with mutual guidance, aceptance and respect, in my world is a winning team!

I would now like to thank the superb Tanya Caffrey, a long term friend, for a sterling and inspirational three months spent designing Scratch and Gloss magazines while my in house designer, Jess Wilkie has been on maternity leave. And thank the industry figures that boogied the night away for the fun we shared at the wedding celebration for Sarah (editor European Spa Magazine) and Don Camileri (Spa Director center parcs) last month.

Next month Scratch welcomes back from maternity leave deputy editor Helen Stone and designer Jess Wilkie.

Remember as human beings we all need to be loved, respected, regenerated & educated - give to recieve

Nail with love

Alex Fox"

Oh GlamGlam you litle star xxxxx

Thank you xx

glam glam . you are wonderful!xx

GlamGlam you are a lovely lass :) I am loving the article. I am a newbie in this industry but I have been a professional face painter for nearly two years. Other local painters and I get on well and we know each other's work standard and hygiene. We also recommend each other for work we could not fulfil but at the same time we do our own things as well. :) It does makes a nicer working industry. I am not saying that all of us are practising this. Life is too short! It's definitely the way to go for me regardless whichever industry you are in! :hug:

I think your idea is brilliant Tigi! Thanks for typing the article up on here GlamGlam :) x

I agree. I feel this industry has got more competitive in the last few years, and I myself have been hurt by fellow professionals that have used me and my ideas for their gain, all because I trust people too much. :(

Latest posts

Back