Scratch Article

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh sorry I just read it. Thanks Glam Glam.xx As someone who lost her confidence a few years ago in the nail/hair and beauty industry this is very true.xx

I agree. I feel this industry has got more competitive in the last few years, and I myself have been hurt by fellow professionals that have used me and my ideas for their gain, all because I trust people too much. :(

I agree with you Mrsilashes, this is me too!

Thank you for this thread - I have always been brought up to treat others with the respect that you would like to be shown. I also think we at SG are a team, here to help and advise, support and educate... so why can't it be like that with other professionals WE actually meet through our businesses... we should be holding each others hands not pushing one another over to get to the finishing line first!!
Fiona :hug:

Thank you for taking the time to write that out Glamglam :hug:

I agree with you Mrsilashes, this is me too!

Thank you for this thread - I have always been brought up to treat others with the respect that you would like to be shown. I also think we at SG are a team, here to help and advise, support and educate... so why can't it be like that with other professionals WE actually meet through our businesses... we should be holding each others hands not pushing one another over to get to the finishing line first!!
Fiona :hug:

Ditto....Perfectly put x

I have emailed Alex Fox today to get her views and think we should get our thinking caps on about about we would like our code of ethics to say.

anyone care to start?

Wow...

I'd like something in there to say something about not bad-mouthing other salons

Sometimes, I shudder when I see bad nail work, bad eyebrow shapes etc but slagging off who did it is neither helpful or professional

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Something about being professionally qualified too

Something about fair pricing and not entering into price wars

Hmm, the usual hygiene stuff and data protection stuff too

how about some of these (feel free to reword or say if you dont like).

I will not pass negative or unhelpful comment on anothers work even when pressed by a customer.

I will hold valid certificates and insurance for every treatment I perform.

I will ensure my education and knowledge is always up to date.

I will always be honest with my customer, even that means refusing a treatment.

I will always perform a patch test as required by my insurance and/or supplier.

I will treat my staff, customers and peers with respect, honesty and compassion.

I will never hurt an industry colleague for personal gain.

I will refrain from being unkind, selfish or manipulative in my professional manner.

I will not engage in a price war.

I always learn from support and have an open dialogue with my peers.

I always support a peer who s being tormented by the competition.

I always endeavour to form friendships, accept and respect others in my industry.

I will remember to love my industry and share that love with others.

how about some of these (feel free to reword or say if you dont like).

I will not pass negative or unhelpful comment on anothers work even when pressed by a customer.

I will hold valid certificates and insurance for every treatment I perform.

I will ensure my education and knowledge is always up to date.

I will always be honest with my customer, even that means refusing a treatment.

I will always perform a patch test as required by my insurance and/or supplier.

I will treat my staff, customers and peers with respect, honesty and compassion.

I will never hurt an industry colleague for personal gain.

I will refrain from being unkind, selfish or manipulative in my professional manner.

I will not engage in a price war.

I always learn from support and have an open dialogue with my peers.

I always support a peer who s being tormented by the competition.

I always endeavour to form friendships, accept and respect others in my industry.

I will remember to love my industry and share that love with others.

These are fabulous suggestions.

I would like to add something:

I will always use the branded products that my client has asked for, and will not use cheaper or alternative way of providing what they want instead.

- if anyone can put that in a less tounge tied way please help :D You know what I am saying ladies, about those who say a product that is some thing when they know that it isn't.

Ps... Thank you for the thank you's! I was up late last night on unwell young man watch :D xxx

These are fabulous suggestions.

I would like to add something:

I will always use the branded products that my client has asked for, and will not use cheaper or alternative way of providing what they want instead.

- if anyone can put that in a less tounge tied way please help :D You know what I am saying ladies, about those who say a product that is some thing when they know that it isn't.

Ps... Thank you for the thank you's! I was up late last night on unwell young man watch :D xxx

Something like, I will never trick/dupe a customer into paying for a service I don't supply ( meaning they ask for Minx, but I use Trendy etc)

I like this idea :biggrin: If only everyone thought the same way.

Something like, I will never trick/dupe a customer into paying for a service I don't supply ( meaning they ask for Minx, but I use Trendy etc)
This sounds so much better, it gets the point across (I am rubbish at this sometimes :D)! Thank you :hug:

This sounds so much better, it gets the point across (I am rubbish at this sometimes :D)! Thank you :hug:

Awww you're welcome :hug:

I am with you on this one. I would NEVER do this. The only bad word I say about other salons are ones using MMA and even then it is the product I talk about in order to educate my customer, I NEVER refer to the techs x

Wow...

I'd like something in there to say something about not bad-mouthing other salons

Sometimes, I shudder when I see bad nail work, bad eyebrow shapes etc but slagging off who did it is neither helpful or professional

This is a great idea, loving it.
I recently met a fellow Therapist and as my friend was introducing us I was thinking Great a new Beauty Bf, I can talk to someone who loves the same thing I do, we can swap treatments (I just moved into a new area and miss the salon and the girls I used to work with as I'm now Mobile) BUT she smiled and walked off she didnt even speake to me!! She later told my friend that she didnt want to talked with someone that would take her clients, I was gutted and a little sad inside:sad::sad:
Never mind I have you guys :Love:

I am with you on this one. I would NEVER do this. The only bad word I say about other salons are ones using MMA and even then it is the product I talk about in order to educate my customer, I NEVER refer to the techs x

I agree with you, I don't like MMA and also the health and safety aspect too.
So maybe add in it, I will never use a product, known to be harmful to a client or myself. Then in brackets (mma)

This is a great idea, loving it.
I recently met a fellow Therapist and as my friend was introducing us I was thinking Great a new Beauty Bf, I can talk to someone who loves the same thing I do, we can swap treatments (I just moved into a new area and miss the salon and the girls I used to work with as I'm now Mobile) BUT she smiled and walked off she didnt even speake to me!! She later told my friend that she didnt want to talked with someone that would take her clients, I was gutted and a little sad inside:sad::sad:
Never mind I have you guys :Love:

Awwww that's so sad :(

Oh God, of course... Yes, didn't think of it that way.

I will support uk distributors and buy my products from authorised sellers ensuring that i use kosher products on my clients.

If i do not offer a treatment that a client enquires about, nor can i offer them a suitable alternative, i will happily pass on details of another local tech or therapist and hope that this will be done in return.

Ok these are brilliant. I'll put it together and write it up on here and we can make alterations and see if anyone else has suggestions?

Latest posts

Back