Scratch Article

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tigi, Please please, can we have a vow "ONE must not Sell Professional products on Ebay" as I have just checked out all the Shellac up for sale by Business users and I wish now I hadn't as its made me feel cross!!:evil:
Thanks
Fiona :)

1# I will learn from other techs/therapists successes, be inspired by them, commend them and never hurt or sabotage their business out of spite or jealousy.

2# If a tech/therapist thinks that there is a short cut to offering certain treatments or products at the detriment to our industry or service, I will always guide them in the direction to produce and maintain a high standard of service carried out in the correct way.

Recently I did a fair and I happened to apply Shellac to a mobile beauty therapist who was very open that she wanted to offer this service. Now this is my direct competition, she is already established and I'm just starting out. I might add she was not trying to cut corners. But I could have taken two options here, give as little info as possible or point her in the right direction. I chose to point her in the right direction because I believe there are unfortunately enough 'messers' in this industry or people who just don't find out the facts fully on the service they offer and ot's absolutely no different to the information we share on here every day. I gave her S2 contact details, advised the Shellac training course, told her to purchase the lamp and more besides. She loved her Shellac, tipped me (bless her) and we parted ways with a respect for one another. And THAT is what makes this industry worth while.

Just an update:

I got a lovely email from alex of scratch and she is fully supportive
Of the code of ethics.

She has said she'll print it in scratch!!!

So, I shall put together what we have and we can tweak it and send it off!

Look at what we achieved together! Am proud to be part
Of this .

Tigi

Xx

Thank you Tigi for updating and contacting Alex. How exciting for it to be Scratch. Well done you! xxx

Well done x

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Hi Tigi, I love the idea. Would it be OK to use some of these on my website? x Mona

Just an update:

I got a lovely email from alex of scratch and she is fully supportive
Of the code of ethics.

She has said she'll print it in scratch!!!

So, I shall put together what we have and we can tweak it and send it off!

Look at what we achieved together! Am proud to be part
Of this .

Tigi

Xx

Oooh result! This is great news xx So exciting! :Love:

Well done girls, and thank you tigi for starting the thread.

Geeks make a good team :)

Well done for bringing this to our attention & being dedicated enough to follow this through!
They always say "one person shouts - they can't be heard, a group of people shout - others stop and listen"
Well done!!

I will value what my clients are worth by treating them with respect and thanking them for their custom in various ways.

I will value what I am worth by setting my prices at a standard which reflects the industry and my knowledge and ability.

I will actively encourage other industry professionals to act responsibly by buying from authorised suppliers to ensure our clients receive the greatest treatments no matter their price range.

I will notify trading standards if I see therapists acting irresponsibly after I have tried to help them to enhance their business.

I hope these don't sound really stupid, I'm quite tired but really wanted to get something in there to show how much I support what tigi is doing. -big hugs- x

just to bump this in case anyone else wants to suggest anything and this week i shall do a final list and we can get it sent off to alex.

tigi
xxxx

Hi geeks and tigi, i'm in if there is still time and i'm not to late!
My 2peneth would be: share not steal. Coach not critize.
I really feel there is room enough for us all to learn from each other with honesty and respect.
I really value this forum and the people who contribute and I 'learn' from you all but I would never 'steal' anyone's work or clientele.
One day i'll hopeful tip the balance the other way and be doing more sharing than learning!
Claire xx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Hi geeks and tigi, i'm in if there is still time and i'm not to late!
My 2peneth would be: share not steal. Coach not critize.
I really feel there is room enough for us all to learn from each other with honesty and respect.
I really value this forum and the people who contribute and I 'learn' from you all but I would never 'steal' anyone's work or clientele.
One day i'll hopeful tip the balance the other way and be doing more sharing than learning!
Claire xx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Claire, I really like those points. Fab. x

These are fantastic ladies! What a great idea.

I would like something along the lines of...I will always provide clients with treatments to the best of my ability and knowledge.

Does that make sense?
Rhiannon x

Ok guys this is what I have put together. let me know your thoughts and ill get it sent off to alex this week.

I will value what I am worth by setting my prices at a standard which reflects the industry and my knowledge and ability.

I will actively encourage other industry professionals to act responsibly by buying from authorised suppliers to ensure our clients receive the greatest treatments no matter their price range.

I will support my distributors and buy my products from authorised sellers ensuring that I use genuine products on my clients.

If I do not offer a treatment that a client enquires about, nor can I offer them a suitable alternative, I will happily pass on details of another local tech or therapist and hope that this will be done in return.

I will not pass negative or unhelpful comment on another’s work even when pressed by a customer.

I will coach not criticise colleagues and peers.

I will hold valid certificates and insurance for every treatment I perform.

I will ensure my education and knowledge is always up to date.

I will always be honest with my customer, even that means refusing a treatment.

I will always perform a patch test as required by my insurance and/or supplier.

I will treat my staff, customers and peers with respect, honesty and compassion.

I will never hurt an industry colleague for personal gain.

I will refrain from being unkind, selfish or manipulative to gain a few customers.

I will not engage in a price war.

I always learn from support and have an open dialogue with my peers.

I always support a peer who is being tormented by the competition.

I always endeavour to form friendships, accept and respect others in my industry.

I will remember to love my industry and share that love with others.

tigi
xxxx

Ok guys this is what I have put together. let me know your thoughts and ill get it sent off to alex this week.

I will support my distributors and buy my products from authorised sellers ensuring that I use genuine products on my clients.

If I do not offer a treatment that a client enquires about, nor can I offer them a suitable alternative, I will happily pass on details of another local tech or therapist and hope that this will be done in return.

I will not pass negative or unhelpful comment on another’s work even when pressed by a customer.

I will treat my staff, customers and peers with respect, honesty and compassion.

I will refrain from being unkind, selfish or manipulative to gain a few customers.

I always endeavour to form friendships, accept and respect others in my industry.

tigi
xxxx

Sounds great :D
Rhiannon x

tigi
xxxx

Fabulous! xxx

they're fantastic tigi. Thanks so much for doing this. X x x

Fabulous, really appreciate your hard work and effort in getting this together and I am sooooooooo looking forward to seeing it in print in the fabby Scratch Mag :Love: xx

Latest posts

Back