Scuffing On Patent Shoes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Guild

Reaction score
Oh wow! They are GORGEOUS!!

Sorry not much help :-( x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I believe you can use vaseline to get rid of scuff marks basically just dab some on the scuff mark get a soft clean cloth and give it a good rub and fingers crossed the mark will be gone, haven't tried it myself but its worth a try as those shoes are gorgeous! :) hth x

When my daughters scuffed their black patent shoes (when younger) I used black nail varnish on them. It makes them water resisitant again and blends in the scuffed area with the rest of the shoe.

When I say scuffed though I mean that they had taken most of the patent off and there was a different colour showing through (the material under the patent lol).

I also use black nail varning to help tidy up heels that have gotten tatty during wear (like if you scuff/bang a black heel and a white mark is showing) from the distance anyone is looking at them the nail varnish can't be seen :).

When you say scuffed, has the patent peeled? If not and you've marked them (as in black) then nail varnish remover does the trick. I have pink shoes that regularly get black marks and it works a treat. Do a small test beforehand though somewhere discreet if possible

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Thanks for some brilliant ideas, I will be trying them out when I get home.

Yes, it is more marked than peeled, so I'm hoping there is no permanent damage.

Do you have the Mr. Clean Eraser Sponges over there? If so, they remove scuffs from patent leather shoes.

I've used nail polish remover before when patent shoes have black scuffs on them. It works a treat but as taggyboy says do a wee test somewhere first :) x

Another suggestion, Windex window cleaner supposedly works well.

Do you have the Mr. Clean Eraser Sponges over there? If so, they remove scuffs from patent leather shoes.

JML magic eraser!!! works for everything! x

You guys are amazing, the nail varnish remover worked a treat, thank you.

So glad it worked as they are an amazing pair of shoes ;)

from Debbie's HTC Sense

So glad it worked as they are an amazing pair of shoes ;)

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Which explains why they're scuffed - I haven't had them off my feet since I bought them :biggrin:

Im glad you got the marks out. They are Lush!!!

Latest posts

Back