Sculpted L&P Steps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream Nails

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm just starting to get to grips with L&P after first doing gel.
However in just wondering about certain steps.
With gel I sculpt all the white at zone 1 then cure then go back and do zone 2 & 3

Now with L&P do the steps stay the same or would you do zone 1 2 & 3 on one finger before going on to the next.

Silly question I know.

Apart from that I'm having fun. Finding it easer than gel.

Many thanks

Vicki xx

I apply the l & p to the whole nail then move onto the next, so it's steps 1,2 & 3 then move onto next. :)

Duh silly me. I've read that one :)

Can we pretend I didn't ask. I'm blaming it on the monomer !!!

Thanks

Vicki xx

:lol:

A lot of Geeks forget about the tutorials here, so don't worry you're not alone :)

I do all the whites and then move on to do all the pinks.

Its not the only way, but i find it improves consistency.

I do the whole nail on each finger before moving onto the next. Find this the easiest way for me. I only apply the form one at as time also, but this is because I'm afraid my client may knock it out of balance before I've had time to sculpt on it. :biggrin:

I do all the whites first. Then do the pink on each nail. This helps my timings

I do all the whites first. Then do the pink on each nail. This helps my timings

I do this too.

I used to do 1, 2, & 3 all together until I started using colored acrylic for the tips. The color would bleed into my liquid and start affecting my pink. By doing the tips first I can change out my liquid before starting the pink. I got into such a habit that I like to do it with white too. Hope that made sense?

Sent from my PC36100 using SalonGeek

Thanks for all your replies and good tip about when using colour to do that first.

I will have a go at both ways but I'm leaning towards sculpt all White but hey ho it might click the other way better.

Another thing I tend to do even when doing shellac French is i do the middle finger first. I seem to be able to match the other fingers better and make the whole hand look more balanced. Anyone else do it this way as well ?

Vicki xx

I have to say that after watching Greg Salo doing reverse application sculpting, I'm totally sold.

I always use that technique now and not only has it made my smile lines simple and uniform, it has sped up my sculpts no end!
My white always bleeds into the monomer somewhat so I prefer to do the white after the pink if possible!

Have a look on the Young Nails site (his videos are also on YouTube) for his reverse technique... its totally inspired! :wink2:

I have to say that after watching Greg Salo doing reverse application sculpting, I'm totally sold.

I always use that technique now and not only has it made my smile lines simple and uniform, it has sped up my sculpts no end!
My white always bleeds into the monomer somewhat so I prefer to do the white after the pink if possible!

Have a look on the Young Nails site (his videos are also on YouTube) for his reverse technique... its totally inspired! :wink2:

I will thanks. Just a quick question as I'm on 1% battery. Yikes!!!!! Do you do your small zone 3 bead first then larger one in zone 2 and shape the smile line then

Pool I'm fading
Vicki xx

I managed to plug myself in in time :biggrin:

Wow I do like the look of the reverse method and gel as well. I will be having a go at that tomorrow.

Love all the other videos that are on youngs site. Thanks for the tip !!

Vicki xx

Latest posts

Back