Sculpting Course Today!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clairet

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my day with you all.

I did a sculpting course today with Sue Simms at Millennium Nails Wales.

OMG - how hard is sculpting????!!!:eek:

I had a really good day. There were only three of us in the class, which was great and gave Sue plenty of time to spend showing us her sculpting techniques!!

I took my fellow geek Hayley (aka Hailztones) with me - so a big thank you to her for modelling for me. :hug: I think I took half her Tantrick Tan off her fingers, practicing putting nails forms on!!!!:lol:

I just wondered, to those of you who sculpt, how long did it take you to master it? I've come to terms with the basics, but I'm going to need a whole lot of practice before I'll let myself loose on my clients!

Going to read the Super Sonic Sculpting tutorial now - should make a lot more sense to me after today.

mmmmmmmmm did a sculpting day with Anne Swain,brill day, went away digested that, did a 121 with Tony from NSI in Bedford, brill day, digested that, now do sculpts on my self, but still to chicken to do them on peeps. Think I need a rebalance day to sort out my smile line issues, I'm paranoid about them.

Hi Clare,

Sounds like you had a great day with Sue.

I have had a go at sculpting and i've practised on unsuspecting clients too! I still need to file quite abit afterwards, so i'm not sculpting with my brush as i should yet.
I find it quite a thrill when i've done a set - probably as i can't beleive i did them!
I just love the way that sculpts look, but i've a long way to go yet.

Just keep practising - that's my advice to you hun!!

Hmmmmmmmm sculpting........once you get the hang of it and do more practicing it does become more easier...........

Glad you enjoyed your course

Amanda

Once I was shown how to sculpt I just too the plunge and went for it, I dont like using tips so was determined to do it and it does get easier, the trick is to lay a very thin layer up to the free edge first and then it is like you have a tip on = this is how sam shows you on his tutorial.

Just persevere, my clients love the effect and also they are much stronger as they are all product

Thanks guys. Looks like I've a lot of practicing to do!

I do like the look of sculpts when they are done properly, and I really do want to master them.

Latest posts

Back