Semi permanent eyebrows gone wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawndeb

Reaction score
Hi,

I looked on your web site earlier today and noticed a lady was asking about a customer that had telephoned her regarding removal of semi permanent eyebrows. I have had a very bad experience a week ago. I asked for a feathery brush stroked effect and told the lady doing the work that the stencil she drew on was far too dark. She mixed up a colour and asked if it was ok. I agreed it was, then when she started working on the eyebrow, she said the colour wasn't taking and would have to do it darker and kept saying time and time again that I would lose 30 - 40% of the colour in the first four weeks. She showed me the first eyebrow she did after working on it for several minutes and I said I wanted a feathery brush stoke effect (as I'd previously advised her) and she said yes, I can do that. She then worked further on the area which was very very sore by this time and showed me again but I didn't have my glasses on and it wasn't until I got home and had a good look at both brows, I realised they were different shapes, extrememly dark for my colouring andthe first eyebrow (the right one) seemed to go beyone my natural brow line - more into the middle of my forehead. She did the other eyebrow which she didn't work on as much as the first and then asked me what I thought. I had a splitting headache and said it's too dark and again she said it would fade and to come back in four weeks. I was told the scab would fall off in about 5 days. When I left the salon and went back to my car, I thought the ink was still running and looked in my mirror, but it was blood running into my eyes and down each side of my face. My son and various people have been laughing and saying the brows are completely different shapes and the one is too far into the middle of my brow. I have had to change my hair parting to hide the right eyebrow - I am lucky that I have a very long fringe, but if this wasn't the case, I would be too embarrassed to leave the house. I rang the receptionist who said the lady who did the treatment wasn't there, but no to worry as the problems could be rectified. The scab fell off on Thursday - 6 days after the treatment and still people were commenting on how bad and false they looked. I then went to another salon for their opinion and was told the area had been totally overworked, it was too dark and it shouldn't have bled - it was obvious the needle had been scagging the skin. She said it does appear that brush strokes had been attempted but it was clear that incorrect needles had been used, and also even though the scan had fallen off, it looked as though a second scab was forming on the inner part of the right eyebrow (this is where she'd worked on the area for quite some time). I rang the woman that did the treatment and she said she could get a man in from a company 'erase' and remove the area that was too far into the middle of my forehead and this won't damage the skin and then she can do a feathery brush stroke effect. I said I did not trust her or anyone she knows to do the work and asked her why she hadn't originally done the brush strokes when I asked her, as she is now saying she can do it? She didn't reply and changed the subject. I don't know what to do - can you advise if I go to another company - maybe erase - and ask for removal - do you think this will cause scarring, I am particuarly worried as it appears the needle has gone deep and made my skin bleed, and so I am worried that removal will definitely cause scarring? Also, how soon do you think I should be looking at getting them removed, bearing in mind I only had the treatment a week ago? Have you any idea how much this is likely to cost and where I should go - I live in Cardiff. If I do have them removed, how soon after that would I be able to go to another salon and have them done properly? By the way, this woman who did the treatment, said she teaches other people to do this procedure which is worrying, and I was told when I went for another opinion that it is extremely poor workmanship. Sorry my email is so long, but I wanted to give you the full picture. Any advice would be so appreciated.

Have pm'd you hun.

Wait for the 4 weeks you may find that they will fade down. A lot of people need a top up in that time so I would wait a while. This sounds extreme but they should not be as dark as they are at the moment. It is certainly too early to talk about removal.

Once you have gone past the 4 week period you will have more of an idea as to what you want to do. You will have to let her see your eyebrows again, especially if you want a refund. :)

Don't worry about the colour as they'll fade my around 50% within a few weeks. However, you are right to worry about the shape and position of the brows.

First off, I would contact the company she trained with and explain what's happened. They will tell you when she trained. If they care, they may invite you to go to one of their training sessions and get them re-done by one of their trainers.

I would never let me client see the brows as I was doing them. They agree to the shape when it's been drawn on with normal make up and then you show them at the end to make final/minor adjustments. Sounds to me as though she may have just trained and was nervous.

Get it sorted asap. xxx

Hi Kim

Your best best is to contact a lady named Nilam Patel. Her website is Nilam Patel - Home and you can get her contact details from there.

She's worked with many celebrities, including Jade Goody and Jodie Marsh so you know you're going to get someone who's worth they're weight in gold.

She's not the cheapest, but, you get what you pay for and she is extremely good.

Hope you get them sorted out :)

Michelle
Beauty's Within

Have pm'd you hun.

As I know someone who is in exactly the same predicament I would have been interested in this reply other than a pm.

Hi hunnie im so sorry you have had a bad experience ....im afriad there is alot of cowboys out there..
In respect to you having anything done im afraid no therapist will be able to do anthing until at least 21 days post treatment as the skin needs to heal and in your case calm down.......... In respect of the blood ive not come accross this before bleeding that much my clients bleed a little.......But i do use a solution to help numb the area which helps prevent the bleeding.... in regards to the fading they will calm down but it will take a few weeks... good luck hunnie xxx

How do they look now? What happened? Give us some feedback. xx

HI, can anyone help - why eyebrows fade too much or come off completely I have had a couple of touch ups, looked after them how I was advised and they have practically gone. I also had quite a dark colour so this doesnt make sense.

HI, can anyone help - why eyebrows fade too much or come off completely I have had a couple of touch ups, looked after them how I was advised and they have practically gone. I also had quite a dark colour so this doesnt make sense.

I dont understand you? your other thread says clients.... and this thread says its yourself.

QUOTE=Escapestudio; can you tell me why my eyebrows are fading or...

can you tell me why my eyebrows are fading or completely coming off as I dont know, a couple of clients are coming back for touch ups with nothing left. Eyeliner and Lipliner are fine so I dont know...

If this is you who is carrying this out, possibly more training is needed to understand this?

If this is carried out on you by someone else, possibly you should ask the technician who carried it out, if you are not convinced go and see a better technician.

Su x

Good luck to you if you do try to contact the company who trained her,
i modelled a while ago for someone who was going back for her assessment,
she has made a total mess of the job and refuses to do anything about it (she is from the wales area too)
i have contacted her training company 3 times now over a period of a month or more and i am still waiting for the trainer to contact me back, i really am getting the impression that the training providers don't care any more than the woman i modelled for,
which is a shame as i was thinking about taking the training myself but if this is how the company treats people then i wont be bothering :rolleyes:

i have contacted her training company 3 times now over a period of a month or more and i am still waiting for the trainer to contact me back, i really am getting the impression that the training providers don't care any more than the woman i modelled for,

That's disgraceful! It costs not far short of £10,000 to train so shame on them for not supporting you. It'd costs them a pittance to bring you in and let someone put them right. xxx

That's disgraceful! It costs not far short of £10,000 to train so shame on them for not supporting you. It'd costs them a pittance to bring you in and let someone put them right. xxx

I know its a disgrace, they cant even be bothered to phone me back,
i bet if i phoned and said i was making a training enquiry they would get back to me,
i would have understood if it was a small company but it is one of the big ones with a so called good reputation :rolleyes:

i wont be spending £10,000 with them now, that is for sure.

Latest posts

Back