Seperating lashes to apply individual lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I attended my traing course today and i am really worried as im having problems seperating the clients real lash to apply the fake one.

Did/does anyone else had/have this problem?

Can you provide anytips? Will it become easier with time?

Thanksx

Hi Hannah,

I have just attended my training on Monday! Felt hopeless to start but honestly you will get there! Just remember to breath! Take it easy, if you cant isolate one lash move onton another and just keep with it. I just it realy comes down to patience and practice!! My trainer said just like learning to drive it will suddenly click!

Good luck hth :hug:

I felt like that too when I first started but the more sets you do the easier it gets. You will find a way that works well with you and you will get quicker and quicker. I find it easier to dip the lash in the glue first then isolate the lash as long as you get the extension onto the real lash quite quickly. I was shown on the training to isolate the lash first then dip the extension in the glue but found i kept moving and loosing the isolated lash!. I think what ever works for you as long as you are getting the extension attached correctly and the sets look good.

Hi Hannah,
We were taught to dip the lash in glue first then use your other set of tweezers to isolate a lash (effectively doing this one handed). I found this quite difficult.
However, I am still practicing and have found that if I use both sets of tweezers together to separate a lashes and THEN dip my extension, it works better for me. It's just trial and error at the moment really. I kind of part the lashes in the middle using both sets of closed tweezers and find a lash almost makes itself available to you. You then have to keep it separated while you look away and dip the lash!

can i ask ladies is it possible to do lashes on yourself? I haven't done it since i was taught in college 10 years ago but i want to wear them for a wedding on friday so any tips would be helpful.....oh and how long do they stay on? I CAN'T REMEMBER!! : )

Yes you can do lashes on yourself but only the express lashes (i think these are the ones referred to as blink and go, geeks correct me if i'm wrong) so you'll have to take them off after approx 10 - 14 days. Mine look really good when i do them but it takes me longer than doing a clients! hth x

I found using shorter tweezers helped me. I weas also taught to separate the lashes then with the other tweezers dip in the glue but I find it much easier now to dip first but you do have to be quick then to separate the lashes with the other hand. The more you practise you will find a way that works for you. Also when I started I kept far too large a space between lash line and extension but again this came with practise. Eventually you will be able to do them with your eyes closed, well not literally :eek:

Hi Hannah,
We were taught to dip the lash in glue first then use your other set of tweezers to isolate a lash (effectively doing this one handed). I found this quite difficult.
However, I am still practicing and have found that if I use both sets of tweezers together to separate a lashes and THEN dip my extension, it works better for me. It's just trial and error at the moment really. I kind of part the lashes in the middle using both sets of closed tweezers and find a lash almost makes itself available to you. You then have to keep it separated while you look away and dip the lash!

this is what i do. I find it works best for me

Latest posts

Back