Servin up a hot new home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Welcome to the new server for thenailgeek.com

Our old dedicated server was on its last legs from the amount of traffic we are now getting and so I have spent the last week migrating to brand new hardware.

The new servers processor is twice as fast as the old and it has 4 times more RAM. In a nutshell - its a beast and should hold us over for another couple of years :)

Most will notice that pages are processed much faster. This is different from your download speed. If you are still on a 56k modem and have a 'squirrel in a cage' processor - I doubt you will notice much difference.
Most users will really only notice a significant difference at times of high load (when the site is busy). The new server shouldn't start to slow down during these times like the old would.

Please note that I have spent a great deal of time making sure everything migrated over nicely - If you find some things not working correctly or any errors - drop me a line.

nJoy

Hey sam,

what lightning speed - I checked this morning and got the message sayng the site would be down until about 3pm and here I am just after 1.30 and it is all up and running and functioning at great speed.

I know, why if it said 3pm was I looking at 1.30 - because I am impatient LOL.

naturalnails said:
I know, why if it said 3pm was I looking at 1.30 - because I am impatient LOL.

I'm right there with you sista :lol:

Trin
xx

That was fast and the pages are loading faster, although we have also been upgraded to 1.1 MB speed by BT for no extra money - thanks BT! Would you believe I hardly ever get to the site anymore - busy life and the kids have completely taken over the computer from 4pm until bedtime - (need a second computer but no funds available), but that today of all days I came on the site with a few hours in hand and just as I started looking around, the site went..............! I could not believe it and there were a few grumbles from me to say the least. Hey ho that's life........anyway, thanks Sam for your hard work as ever and good luck in your new home.

Woking fine this end.

Quick work.

Caz xxx

Hi Sam!

What a fantastic job you do with this site!

A lot of us take it so much for granted and don't think about the whole workings of it.
But me for one and i am sure many more of us think the same( we really appreciate all you do for the smooth running of this site and all the problem solving?

Just wanted to say a big thank you, for all your dedication and hard work !

luv 'n' hugs
xxxxxxxxxx
Would be lost without it!
The cheers to our new home! Hip Hip Horray, ditto, ditto!
(yeh i know ive lost the plot!) lol

Love the new house...now, where's my room??:lol:

Ms.Matrix said:
Love the new house...now, where's my room??:lol:

Pmsl Very good Ms M! lol

What about the house warming party?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

christi said:
What about the house warming party?

I'll bring the wine if you like :D ... hee hee

Lotsa luck in your new home and thanks for getting the site up and running again so quickly ... most of us can't exist without a quick fix of Nail Geek surfin' on a regular basis ... well I can't anyway !!! :lol:

Thank you for the time you have spent doing this for us. I'm sure we all appreciate it!!

Noodle said:
I'll bring the wine if you like :D ... hee hee

Lotsa luck in your new home and thanks for getting the site up and running again so quickly ... most of us can't exist without a quick fix of Nail Geek surfin' on a regular basis ... well I can't anyway !!! :lol:

ditto....much appreciated xxx

mmmm. mine seems to be performing slower ???? Sunshines out whats going on ?! lol

kx

like everyone i find this site addictive so I really missed it today, many thanks for keping it going

Smooth move or what.............
Cheers Samuel I am now wizzing through the site like I am on roller skates lol......
Granny on skates lol.............
Thanks for all the hard work and time you are giving us here in geekland, muchas gracias mi querido xxx

Latest posts

Back