Shabby chic vintage furniture!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow this thread is doing great! I'm about to wax my furniture tomorrow before sanding ect. Are there any tips on waxing? Do I use my normal paint brush? Dry cloth? xx

My wardrobe, painted in AS Pure White, this needed a primer tho because wood colour stained through- labour of love! :|

Love this! Looks like a totally different piece of furniture xx

Wow this thread is doing great! I'm about to wax my furniture tomorrow before sanding ect. Are there any tips on waxing? Do I use my normal paint brush? Dry cloth? xx

I used an odd sock :o I just found it easier to not have bits of fabric flapping around and I could just rub/stroke the item with the sock to get the wax spread and rubbed in. I honestly don't know how a brush would work :irked: but then again, ive never tried one.

I used an odd sock :o I just found it easier to not have bits of fabric flapping around and I could just rub/stroke the item with the sock to get the wax spread and rubbed in. I honestly don't know how a brush would work :irked: but then again, ive never tried one.

Thanks ;/) did you just use circular movements? X

I started with circles when I was spreading it on and then moved to following the brush strokes from the paint :)

I started with circles when I was spreading it on and then moved to following the brush strokes from the paint :)

Cool!! Iv watched a few tutorials on YouTube & people do it differently. Paint, sand, dust then wax. Then iv seen paint, wax & sand while wax is wet? Would this way not get all bits in your finish? x

I paint sand then wax

I wouldn't sand while wax is soft as it will go bumpy

I paint sand then wax

I wouldn't sand while wax is soft as it will go bumpy

Thanks hun. That's what I thought!! Ordering my new handles today it's all coming to father x

what brushes do you all use, I know you say a good one but do you have any recommendations. I was going to get the small Annie Sloan brush but that's only if my stockist had it I suppose.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Oh don't pay out for that just go to a DIY shop and buy an natural bristle brush like the really soft ones not the jaggy ones

Sorry dont know what they are all called

great, thank you. I now have my eyes out for a tea trolly for my waxing trolly lol x

great, thank you. I now have my eyes out for a tea trolly for my waxing trolly lol x

Oh what a good idea! I was thinking of a tallboy (not too tall) & getting my dad to put it on wheels :)

Thanks hun. That's what I thought!! Ordering my new handles today it's all coming to father x

Together that was supposed to say! Dam predictive text ;-) xx

Oh what a good idea! I was thinking of a tallboy (not too tall) & getting my dad to put it on wheels :)

I'm just gutted I'd never heard of this paint before I bought all my other stuff!! I love vintage but the thought of prepping and priming was putting me off restoring anything. I have seen a lovely desk that I could use for a nail desk but already bought the ikea one and its to late to return it now :sad:

Heres my first project, hope I can do it as much justice as Emerald Beauty!! :o

Attachments

• IMG-20130519-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20130519-WA0008.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 443
I am in the process of deciding what colour to go for with my pine dresser I'm going to paint. Annie sloan looks amazing but they don't do the right colour I want. I found another chalk paint -autentico which also paints straight on. I'm going to get a tester this week.

Just a question-the annie sloan paint-does anyone know if it paints straight over gloss or do you need to sand slightly to get a key ??

I loooove upcycling I did my desk here in the salon, it was ugly brown varnish when I got it, although I do kinda feel bad because the top is the most gorgeous walnut. When I get my new desk, this one will be stripped back to wood and waxed.

My favourite website is - http://www.designsponge.com/ I can spend houuuuuuurs looking at what other people have done. Highly recommended!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369050200.044930.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369050200.044930.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 546
I am in the process of deciding what colour to go for with my pine dresser I'm going to paint. Annie sloan looks amazing but they don't do the right colour I want. I found another chalk paint -autentico which also paints straight on. I'm going to get a tester this week.

Just a question-the annie sloan paint-does anyone know if it paints straight over gloss or do you need to sand slightly to get a key ??

Paint straight on top of anything

The colours can be mixed to get the exact tone your looking for also Laura Ashley paint is good but I much prefer annie Sloan

Heres my first project, hope I can do it as much justice as Emerald Beauty!! :o

That will be gorg! I'm still trying to find a church pew for my hall,

So I were going to wax my furniture today but decided to paint all the inside & the drawers too 😬 xx

Latest posts

Back