Shabby chic vintage furniture!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep annie sloan wax x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

My dad made these for me..the white one was an antique clock cabinet and the black one was a bathroom cabinet. Today i picked up another one he has done for my ever growing polish collection xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 525
Xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 525
EmmaG - I love those drawers! Are they Annie Sloan colours?

I haven't got any more pieces completed from I needed to buy the shellac for the blanket box I am doing for my mum. Need to get it done sooner rather than later as I have just managed to land myself a nice full time job starting on Monday :D

I have also been given another blanket box for free from my father in law and still need to do my shelves for the home salon!

Loving EmmaG's drawers so much I am actually wondering if I can get 2 similar and do them those colour for my bedroom :o

Where so you get drawer handles from??xx

My boyfriend bought me this piece home free..
I dont know wether its worth painting or should I just stick it on ebay on a 99p star t?
Its pretty worn but I guess that adds to the look...
I believe its some sort of music cabinet, with the lid lifting up but I dont wether anyone would buy it painted??

Attachments

• 1373276479452.jpg
    1373276479452.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 449
  • 1373276486471.jpg
    1373276486471.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 560
My first proper go of shabby chic ing :)
Havent sold it yet but I bought it for 99p so im not too bothered lol

Love it. It's exactly the type of thing I'm looking for to have in my home salon.

Paid £20 and yeah Ebay x

I've got someone local to me that sells upcycled furniture and she sells similar to this for £60 easily!!

Thank-you everyone who's posted on this thread - and thanks to Happyfeet especially.

I have just ordered, from Annie Sloan:

Paris Grey
Small Old Violet
Small cream
2 brushes
Sandpaper
Natural wax

and
14 drawer pulls (I asked for knobs once and got corrected by a very po-faced assistant :o)

Can't wait for them to arrive!

Love it. It's exactly the type of thing I'm looking for to have in my home salon.

Ahh that gives me confidence in it then lol.
Dont know wether to paint or decoupage the inside though?

I've got someone local to me that sells upcycled furniture and she sells similar to this for £60 easily!!

Im struggling to sell it on ebay :(
Plus the smaller table is a pain in the arse, I left the rag on it which had wax on and it turned it yellow lol urghh :(

Hi
Did u buy that stuff from her website, can you let me know a rough price that you paid for it.
If you dont want to thats ok.
Vic x

Thank-you everyone who's posted on this thread - and thanks to Happyfeet especially.

I have just ordered, from Annie Sloan:

Paris Grey
Small Old Violet
Small cream
2 brushes
Sandpaper
Natural wax

and
14 drawer pulls (I asked for knobs once and got corrected by a very po-faced assistant :o)

Can't wait for them to arrive!

Recent piece I have done elephant breath farrow and ball and hand painted French sign

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373550563.398300.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373550563.398300.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 510
Old vintage shabby chic suitcase painted cream

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373550802.040577.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373550802.040577.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 426
Hi
Did u buy that stuff from her website, can you let me know a rough price that you paid for it.
If you dont want to thats ok.
Vic x

Hi!
Got them from dovetailsvintage.co.uk

The 1 litre pots are £16.95 (they state that's enough for a small dresser, sample (100 mls) are £5.45 - plenty big enough for detailing. Wax is £7.95.
The knobs, in the size I bought are £1.50 each.

No p&p if over £60
Very quick delivery

You will also need sandpaper and, of course, brushes.

I have had my first day off from family duties for 8 months, and have spent it painting, in the shade outside. It's been incredibly relaxing. I recommend! x

Wow I am in love ,.....after seeing this thread I am now on the hunt for a nail table and some seating for my beauty room that's being built in the garden,....I want to play NOW.....so bloody impatient lol x

Ive just finished a chest of drawers from a wooden old 70s style into a annie sloan shabby chic emile (drawer) and paris grey (surround). Did anyone have trouble mixing it when you opened the can? I had alot of black water on the top but id have to re-mix it every time i dipped my brush in. Also my paris grey is very blue :confused:

Yes I've used Paris Grey, and it does have blue tone; I used it with Old Violet.

You can upend the tins and then open to mix, or just stir. They do separate, but I've not found it a problem. x

Latest posts

Back