Shellac Alternative?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love gelish!! It rocks my socks off lol.. Everyone can get enough of it. :)

I have both Shellac and Gelish/

Like most techs i initially went for Shellac but with the supply issues i had to look elsewhere to satisfy my clients.

Gelish for me is more popular. More colour choice and i find the clients that only went two weeks with Shellac can go three weeks (growth dependant) with Gelish.

The application differs only very slightly between the products and if im dead honest i apply my Gelish same as the Shellac. Ie no buffing no dry brishing etc. I have not experianced any problems with the Gelish.

ETA: For whats its worth i probably would have gone for Polish Pro (NSI) had they have got the range out sooner. Unfortunately for them Gelish was an already established brand with a great range and i couldnt wait for NSI to release the product. I use NSI attraction for acylics and also their files. I love their products.

I have both Shellac and Gelish/

ETA: For whats its worth i probably would have gone for Polish Pro (NSI) had they have got the range out sooner. Unfortunately for them Gelish was an already established brand with a great range and i couldnt wait for NSI to release the product. I use NSI attraction for acylics and also their files. I love their products.

This is interesting. I still haven't decided what to go with. I have all my samples on but I understand that NCO London are about to launch their range. I am trying so hard to hold myself back until I've really seen and tested everything. Meanwhile, I'm probably losing clients to more decisive techs!:lol:

I use both Gelish and Man Q. They are both very easy to use and clients love the colour selection. I do have to say I have been getting a lot of positive feedback with Man Q. I know that Lisa Dodd educator from Young Nails can give you a name of someone in your area that would be able to do a set for you... They are/were offering free workshops ... this might also be a thought? Good luck in your decision making!

I use gelish and geleration. Pretty identic products and I love the colours and wear!

Hths x

I bought in the Gelicure range a fortnight ago and LOVE it!! It makes your nails so strong and the shine is unreal!!

I also use Bio Sculpture and love it, but find that Gelicure is so much shinier and is quicker to apply :)

Good luck with whatever you choose

Xx

i agree , i am also looking for a shellac alturnative, by the looks i am gonig to try polish pro :D :lol:

has anyone used gelez by ezflow ? i use all their acrylic and gel and was just wondering if this was any good ? xx

i am about to buy gelicure as heard nothing but fab reports about it!

Gelish is an excellent product - 72 colors in their range. Soak off is 15 minutes. You have to buff the natural nail with a 100/180 buffer for prep and you have to buff off the shine for removal.

It's long lasting, very durable. They have a new product in their line called Aurora FX that works much like CNDs color effects.

You don't have to invest in their LED lamp. It cures under your exisiting UV lamp.

Great product with a good reputation.

Have you thought about 'Polish Pro' - its like NSI's shellac.

sorry im not sure that was the correct link, if it doesnt work its palmsextra.com
you need to open an account with them, but they opened mine within 24 hrs

At Olympia both the nail harmony and CND stands were packed none of the other gel polish companies were any where near as busy kind of speaks for itself in this industry you get what you pay for. I use gelish and am 100% behind it and so are my clients x

sorry im not sure that was the correct link, if it doesnt work its palmsextra.com
you need to open an account with them, but they opened mine within 24 hrs

Link worked fine. Thankyou :) ! Cannot wait to get buying xxx

i use Gelac and its fab :)

I love love love Gelish :Love:. I find it very similar to Shellac but prefer the colors and shine of Gelish.

I found a great tutorial that explains the application basics and where to find the different required tools.

Gelish Review and Tutorial

Latest posts

Back