Shellac Alternative?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love love love Gelish :Love:. I find it very similar to Shellac but prefer the colors and shine of Gelish.

I found a great tutorial that explains the application basics and where to find the different required tools.

Gelish Review and Tutorial

Not sure how good this tutorial is?? Lots of contradictions with my gelish training/instructions!!

I love love love Gelish :Love:. I find it very similar to Shellac but prefer the colors and shine of Gelish.

I found a great tutorial that explains the application basics and where to find the different required tools.

Gelish Review and Tutorial

Wow ,
This is why DIYers get messed up nails ,
Overexposure issues
And bad results ,

It's also a fabulous example of why harmony Shuld NEVER have put gelish minis out there for the client ANYWHERE !

Amongst a whole plethora of stuff
She says things like ,
Soak off gel is better for you that acrylic or gel as it needs No harsh buffing or filing of the natural nail like they do

She then says in her steps to use a 100- 180 grit file !!!!

She also says LED lights emit UV rays ,

Hummm
In some parts of the world gelish has truly become an at home thing ...
They just didn't protect the nail tech ,

I don't think I will be buying anymore after I use up the feck load I already have . :(

Ive recently just brought in chroma gel and so far very pleased.. Its completely different to shellac and i love my shellac very much :) but chroma allows me to use any nail polish colour at all so gives a huge colour choice :) im hopefully ordering in gellish to so im pleased to see such fab things said about it here!!!

Ok help!!! ..... having researched and researched I am considering buying gellish (would love to buy Shellac but alas untill business gets going i can't afford it) but I have logged onto Nail Harmony and for the life of me can't find any prices etc!!
So really untill i know for sure how much it is going to cost me I don't know it I can afford this system. I already have a UV lamp which is why i thought to go with Gellish (oh and all the good things that have been said about it).
Any help with this would be much appreciated thank you in advance xx

p.s sorry for the high jack

You need to register for a trade account with nail harmony, u can buy gelish from sallys both are the same prices xxx

Im looking into the complete gellish starter kit with 5 polishes and thats around £* i think.. Obviously it varys depending on what you wanted i guess!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ty both ..... slight confession i was looking on the wrong site!!! i was actually on the american site have now found the uk one so i may actually get somewhere lol

Mega blonde moment there :o

Ty both ..... slight confession i was looking on the wrong site!!! i was actually on the american site have now found the uk one so i may actually get somewhere lol

Mega blonde moment there :o

I did the same the first time too lol i have blonde moments reguarly :)

I use Chroma Gel - Affordable and practical. xx

I use Shellac, Gelish and Geleration. I have a long review on my website. I'm sinsitive to most gel products and only want products that are 3-free. This is my review of doing these three for 1 year and 8 months. If you want to see it click on Shellac and Gelish Review on left of page of www.franceesnails4shellac.com. :biggrin:

I love gelish, never Been a fan of shellac... It's true it was first company to make this type of polish but so glad others followed behind cnd and to me made product better and longer lasting. None of my clients like shellac because they say it comes off to easily.

I use CND, Gelish, Lechat and BrillBird, I would have to say my favorites are CND and Lechat. Lechat has a huge colour range including mood gels and every colour I have gives full coverage in 2 coats, is UV and LED cureable and wears really well. Also in January they will be bringing out scented mood gels :)

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back