Shellac and Gelish - Real Deal??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone answer my question so I know what the hell this post is going on about :D

Yes colleen that's what I understand it to be as well, people who get wholesale products through non-official distributes & sell them on eBay and other sites Xx

Can someone answer my question so I know what the hell this post is going on about :D

Colleen, I am saying no more. I know how we operate. I caNNOT SPEAK FOR OTHERS. tHE LAW IS THE LAW AND WE at S2 CHIOOSE to work ethically and within it. What others do is their business.

:D I actually don't think there can be such a thing as an NSS wholesaler. I think the OP meant a low end product wholesale shop. In retail terms, probably the difference between Waitrose and Lidl. But of course, Lidl do everything legally, which might not be true of the wholesalers in question.

:D I actually don't think there can be such a thing as an NSS wholesaler. I think the OP meant a low end product wholesale shop. In retail terms, probably the difference between Waitrose and Lidl

I shop at Lidl every week. It is not considered low end in Europe ... only in the UK. You should try it .. great value prodicts and very good quality to boot. Dont be such a snob!

I shop at Lidl every week. It is not considered low end in Europe ... only in the UK. You should try it .. great value prodicts and very good quality to boot. Dont be such a snob!

:D My hubby is a John Lewis Partner, so we get a discount at Waitrose, I'll stick with them (apart from when Lidl are selling plastic polish remover pump dispensers at a knock down price like they did this week :D)

I mean the local nail and beauty wholesalers...

We had a technician once that didnt want to work for an NSS salon, but showed me the wholesalers they used as he said we could get alot of our consumables etc cheaper there.

I get my polish racks there... the equivalent in the normal catalogues I have are £20 more. Nail tips are also cheaper as well as OPI polish. As I stated above, hadn't been there for a absolutely ages and was shocked to see them selling Shellac, Gellish, CND L&P, NSI L&P etc but it all looked real and not fake and was cheaper.... just couldnt understand how they were able to sell it cheaper

More fool me to post anything on here querying if anyone knew how to get abused

Last edited by a moderator:
Colleen, I am saying no more. I know how we operate. I caNNOT SPEAK FOR OTHERS. tHE LAW IS THE LAW AND WE at S2 CHIOOSE to work ethically and within it. What others do is their business.

I get it now Gigi lol sorry but I saw nss and thought what the hell why would you buy from them.I'm very careful and only buy from SS and my wholesalers in Hertfordshire who are fantastic and NSI.I have no worries and I'm very happy.

I've never shopped in lidl I'm going to go there Monday we have a big one in our town in borehamwood what do they sell :D

I mean the local nail and beauty wholesalers...

We had an oriental nail technician once that didnt want to work for an NSS salon, but showed me the wholesalers they used as he said we could get alot of our consumables etc cheaper there.

I get my polish racks there... the equivalent in the normal catalogues I have are £20 more. Nail tips are also cheaper as well as OPI polish. As I stated above, hadn't been there for a absolutely ages and was shocked to see them selling Shellac, Gellish, CND L&P, NSI L&P etc but it all looked real and not fake and was cheaper.... just couldnt understand how they were able to sell it cheaper

More fool me to post anything on here querying if anyone knew how to get abused
I get the post now but won't be contributing to it as I only get my products from genuine distributers and companies.I would never buy nss products that the nss nail bars use

I get it now Gigi lol sorry but I saw nss and thought what the hell why would you buy from them.I'm very careful and only buy from SS and my wholesalers in Hertfordshire who are fantastic and NSI.I have no worries and I'm very happy.

I've never shopped in lidl I'm going to go there Monday we have a big one in our town in borehamwood what do they sell :D

I'm going to go off topic as the topic sucks and the ignorance is profound.

What do I buy at Lidl? Well here cheese is always great value ... They do the best frozen profiterols ever .. I make beautiful deserts and can't make mine better ... Frozen Salmon Filets are superb value and every week they have some funky deals like the pumps mentioned. Chocolates are great and bread even vegetables. I don't get everything there but I try to get something each week I haven't tried before. I have never had anything awful from Lidl. I think you should have a look. Wine deals are also good but here you have to get there early or they are sold out! Lol

I think it is a little unfair to call anyone trying to find the best deal for their business unprofessional, a messer or a greedy opportunist. :hug:

Completely agree. I think it's the companies OWN responsibility to stop companies from apparently selling their goods "illegally" (which is also a very debatable matter)

When we have bills to pay and families to feed - naturally, a person will purchase goods cheaper if the opportunity arises. And if the apparent "sole distributor" can't compete with their competitors price on their OWN PRODUCT then they clearly need to re think who and where distributes their products. It's not our responsibility to stop others obtaining your products and selling them cheaper - why would we when we are going to save money?

Been called a Messer is just seriously rude! But really... if you leave your self skint and give your complete loyalty to a company that clearly overcharge in the first place then your just another number in their books - they have no loyalties to us and we won't kid ourselves otherwise.

I'm going to go off topic as the topic sucks and the ignorance is profound.

What do I buy at Lidl? Well here cheese is always great value ... They do the best frozen profiterols ever .. I make beautiful deserts and can't make mine better ... Frozen Salmon Filets are superb value and every week they have some funky deals like the pumps mentioned. Chocolates are great and bread even vegetables. I don't get everything there but I try to get something each week I haven't tried before. I have never had anything awful from Lidl. I think you should have a look. Wine deals are also good but here you have to get there early or they are sold out! Lol

Wow sounds fantastic.I'm a great fan of cheese, profiteroles,and wine I'm going there ohh and choccies and veg.

I had not herd of lidl until someone mentioned it on here the other day and I found one in my town I haven't long lived here so getting my bearings of the
town.I'm rather excited about going there.

Thanks Gigi xx

:o!!!! You live near my sister-in-law! I used to take the overground to borehamwood every other weekend hehe

Don't get too excited Coleen, its no Waitrose :D:D:D

Completely agree. I think it's the companies OWN responsibility to stop companies from apparently selling their goods "illegally" (which is also a very debatable matter)

When we have bills to pay and families to feed - naturally, a person will purchase goods cheaper if the opportunity arises. And if the apparent "sole distributor" can't compete with their competitors price on their OWN PRODUCT then they clearly need to re think who and where distributes their products. It's not our responsibility to stop others obtaining your products and selling them cheaper - why would we when we are going to save money?

Been called a Messer is just seriously rude! But really... if you leave your self skint and give your complete loyalty to a company that clearly overcharge in the first place then your just another number in their books - they have no loyalties to us and we won't kid ourselves otherwise.

Absolute bollockers! Legal distributors do not overcharge just because those obtaining products illegally charge less ... What stupidity! Talk about having distorted values.

I can buy Louis Vuitton or any other designer lable bag i want cheaper from a guy who steals to order, but I don't. I'm not ashamed to be legit and I make great money doing nails thanks, and at the legal prices for the imported products in Brittain. My products cost me 13% of my service price? What's your excuse? My guess is you do not even know what percentage of your prices that your products represent!

Messers have to cheat .. People who do hobby nails cheat ... Cowboys cheat ... People who are not insured nor pay their taxes cheat ... If the cap fits wear it ... Those doing great work with thriving businesses do not have to cheat or buy from dodgy sellers.

And I'm seriously rude? What a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get too excited Coleen, its no Waitrose :D:D:D

It may not look posh or fancy but the quality is excellent. Depends on whether or not you are snobby about where you shop! You go try it and the laugh at those who just HAVE to do M&S or Waitrose! For your standard things that you get every week it is great and you will save and can laugh at those who want to buy stolen and illegal goods for their business but then pay over the odds for items they do not need to! :D

Exactly....I was just wondering how they were able to sell it cheaper that was all... thought maybe larger orders from S2 were discounted or something.... was a simple question

so many threads on here talk about the NSS salons and Ebayers using and selling FAKE products but clearly thats not always the case - obviously its the genuine stuff but just bought elsewhere where its a hell of alot cheaper

Ive bought loads of stuff off ebay:
- 5000 A5 double sided colour leaflets + 10 A3 posters £55
- microdermabrasion filters (less than half the price my machine supplier sells for)
- colour wheels
- window displays & leaflet holders
- threading chair

list could go on and on.... a lot of the sellers actually have proper shops anyway so if people want to boycott it more fool you

when doing up my first salon I purchased my sinks & fittings from a seller who said we could pick up, when I went the addresss it was a large bathroom shop called Scobles. The same items were in the showroom but 4x the price. When I said I had come to collect for something I bought on ebay they ushered me to a room at the back to await my order. Had I have just walked into the shop I would of paid a hell of a lot more.

Messers have to cheat .. People who do hobby nails cheat ... Cowboys cheat ... People who are not insured nor pay their taxes cheat ... If the cap fits wear it ... Those doing great work with thriving businesses do not have to cheat or buy from dodgy sellers.

And I'm seriously rude? What a joke.

Point is there are plenty of people doing great work but can't get a break in the current climate we're in.... the posts are all over this forum... hardworking people who are trying to make a living to no avail - maybe their businesses aren't thriving - if they can get the product at a cheaper price and it helps out their cashflow I for one shall not be judging em no matter what anyone on this site says

Tell u what.... whenever Ive popped in there they've always been friendly and polite :suprised:

It may not look posh or fancy but the quality is excellent. Depends on whether or not you are snobby about where you shop! You go try it and the laugh at those who just HAVE to do M&S or Waitrose! For your standard things that you get every week it is great and you will save and can laugh at those who want to buy stolen and illegal goods for their business but then pay over the odds for items they do not need to! :D

I'm going to fell oh so very smug when I'm getting my bargains he he he he she says rubbing her hands together he he he.

I'm excited I'm going to give it the beans in there.

I don't shop in waitrose anyway so I'm very excited xxx

Point is there are plenty of people doing great work but can't get a break in the current climate we're in.... the posts are all over this forum... hardworking people who are trying to make a living to no avail - maybe their businesses aren't thriving - if they can get the product at a cheaper price and it helps out their cashflow I for one shall not be judging em no matter what anyone on this site says

Tell u what.... whenever Ive popped in there they've always been friendly and polite :suprised:

That may be so .. but when things start to go wrong and the product is not performing as it should, who will the people buying from unauthorised sellers go to to get support.. as i know Harmony (gelish etc) and am sure S2 will not give support unless it is the genuine product..

i know for a fact hand and nail harmony do check on who is selling their brand and they do deal with this in a legal manner.. and am sure S2 do as well..

Sarah xxx

The onus is not on S2 to pursue sellers who deal in the "grey market" goods it's the manufacturers, as in the case of tesco selling Levi's.

Levi felt that the tesco brand would cheapen their product therefore making it less desirable, so they successfully sued them in order to stop them from selling their products,

Just a thought, if we buy our supplies from these unauthorised sellers are we ourselves not cheapening our chosen brands that we paid our hard earned cash to train in?

Are some people not on here already moaning on & on every day about problems they are having with their products did they get them from someone selling them cheap because they were re-called stock? Were they sent from abroad & not stored correctly? are they fake (fakes have turned up on some wholesalers in the past)

The only way to be sure is to buy from the official distributer, we all like a bargain it's true but quality costs so we need to price accordingly.

Do we save money on these cheaper products if there is service breakdown & we need to do the same client again but for free this time ? I may be wrong but I don't fancy working twice as hard because I bought cheaper products & that goes for any brand not just CND.

Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back