Shellac Base

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty8984

Reaction score
I have around 1cm left of my base coat and ordered a new one today. My new bottle won't come until Thursday however I've been asked to do one shellac tomorrow and around 5 on Wednesday for a wedding. Do you think i have enough left?

Yep for sure , bring a little dish with you and tip I bottle up side down a pour a bit of it out. You will be amazed at how much there is left at the bottom that the brush can't reach any you really only need a tiny bit to do one set :)

Thank you for a quick reply!! I can sleep without worrying about it now!

I wouldn't pour it out but if you hold the bottle on a angle while you work it will make it easy to get to with less mess :)

I'm not sure if you should do this but I put mine between my legs whilst I'm doing the pep to really warm it up then hold it sort of sideways as I use it. As long as its warm it goes further. I've never had a problem and it gets even the very last bit of shellac out. :biggrin:

Just to clarify there is no need to pour it out into a separate container if you are still able to pick some base coat up on your brush with the bottle tipped on its side.

However if you really are on the last dregs of the bottle and the brush just won't pick anything up then I would tip it into a container just to get you by for your treatment.

I usually chuck mine once it gets low as I find the shellac is harder to remove when the base coat is nearly gone but got stuck at Christmas last year for base coat and couldn't believe how much was actually left at the bottom of the bottle that couldn't be got at with the brush :)

If you can't get to it with the brush use a longer brush , an art one will do ,
I tend to just put the bottle on its side on the desk when it's low, it doesn't drip out but pools in the side so it's easy to get with the brush.
I also have an old brush from the big size base and top coats , when I'm super organized I use them (when)
I'm trying to be more frugal really I am lol

Keeping it warm as mentioned will def work. If you tip it out you may lose some. Also, if you use a longer brush, use a stiff one like that in the bottle. A 'wiped out' brush will do 5 fingers easily and to make it go even further, don't paint it on, sort of rub it into the nail plate then brush it off.

So that's some extra tips but also a:smack: for letting your stock get so low! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back