Shellac bleaching in sun

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jude

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378570573.737811.jpg

Has anyone else had this problem
CND Shellac hot pop pink plus sliver VIP .. Changed colour in the sun !!!

There have been several threads about this as it is not just Shellac pinks this happens to but a lot of brands.
These haven't faded too much a client of mines faded completely beige! Thankfully she loved that colour too :)

Apparently EU regulations have meant that manufacturers have had to stop using an ingredient that keeps some of the strong coloured pink pigments stable. Therefore they are now prone to fading in strong sunshine.
I always warn clients going on holiday if they pick a pink colour that this can happen.

Yes i done a IBD colour on my mum shes gone to greece for three weeks x
3 days in the holiday she text and its all faded in the middle x
I was fuming x

Is this unavoidable ?
Is it just the sun? Xx

Yes i done a IBD colour on my mum shes gone to greece for three weeks x
3 days in the holiday she text and its all faded in the middle x
I was fuming x

Is this unavoidable ?
Is it just the sun? Xx

The Sun and Chlorine can fade colors, pink being the most common. It's just something you have to warn clients about when it's summer or they leave on holidays. The only way to avoid the situation is to not use pinks for hot weather :p

I've had this problem with shellac a while ago I did a bit of research on here and I read to advise clients 2 religiously use solar oil!! Especially before going swimming and after!! It helps block chemicals such as chlorine and helps stop the sun bleaching them I've told my clients this and havnt had a problem since!! Xx

Latest posts

Back